Brigand vs. Swashbuckler

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Dude, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out whether I want to play a Brigand or a Swashbuckler to group and raid on Kaladim. I'm not interested in "I played (insert rogue of choice here) and thought it was great." Is there a good place to read about their strengths and weaknesses?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Byron Member

They're both debuff classes. Swashbucklers mostly debuff mob damage out. They have an AE autoattack and an additional AE CA. Brigands do more single target damage and their debuffs increase raid DPS. Roll one and if you don't like it betray and switch to the other.
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I played brig and thought it was great.
    Bekkr likes this.
  4. Venser Active Member

If the raid is doing it's job as a whole both swash and brig debuffs are capped on the mob already. Sure Disptach will help, but even without it in DoF the MIT debuff cap can be obtained without the Brig. Swash is more AE heavy and Brig is more ST heavy this early. TSO-CoE the Brig can dish out some nasty AoE dps, Swash should be a little better during TSO, but by the time SF and DoV hit the Brig can do just as much and even more in most cases. For now with DoF the Swash will have 50% AE auto. Swash does more DPS on AE and ST. Even thru til RoK. EoF may be more competitive for ST, but Swash is usually on top.If you are looking to just be the debuff bot and not worried about DPS, I'd roll Brig. If you want debuffs that dont scale for crap, but want to pump a lot of DPS, roll Swash.
    Zenji, Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  5. Soryn New Member

I play a Brig and have from the start of EQ2. I've always enjoyed the class have have for the class will always have a raid spot, as the raid game is right now I have np hitting in top 3 if not the top spot on the parser for dps and the debuffs will really help over all dps for everyone. If you need any in game help just /tell Soryn.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Thank you. That is helpful.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ok, I am going to be Snarky because I can and because that is what I do and you know me.

I have played a Brigand and it was great!!

I have played a Swashbuckler and it was great!!!

I preferred the Swashbuckler to the Brigand, I have 3 of each on AB. I agree with what Venser already posted.
    Breanna likes this.