Thurgadin - Want to commission a decorator for art gallery/museum style home

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Dilon, May 14, 2019.

1. Dilon Active Member

Hi,

As title says, I would like to commission a decorator on Thurgadin.

I took advantage of the recent anniversary event to pick up a lot of paintings I did not have. And now I've been kicking around the idea of a gallery or museum style home which focuses on the many paintings available in EQ. I'm thinking it could be organized by theme, i.e. a portraits wing, a scenescape wing, etc., and with the bigger, nicer, and more meaningful paintings being given a prominent feature place.

Although the paintings would be the focal point, certainly other decorations are welcome too.

My hope is to acquire all of the paintings that I am able to acquire. I know some are no longer available so I'll have to deal with not having them. But this also includes the marketplace ones. I think it would be neat to have a gallery/museum style for players to check out, to see all of the paintings.

If you are interested please let me know! Can reply here or send me a DM, or find me on Thurgadin as Glasscannon - maybe send an in-game mail instead of a tell in case I afk or am in raid.

Thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

As far as I know there are only a few of us on Thurgadin. I am one of them as Thurgadin is my home server (but I am not From that side of the pond). What house/building are you thinking of using for said Museum? I can give it a go if the others don't reply.
  3. Dilon Active Member

Hi again, I thought I'd follow up on this as I'm still interested in pursuing it.

I've settled on the Tenebrous Island Prestige home because it's essentially a blank slate. I'm thinking I would like a wall around the edge (Vatican City style) with trees & flowers, and then the building itself to be inspired by the Louvre, with white/tan marble arches and windows outside, Polished wood floor inside, white or light color (light blue, light gray) walls, white ceiling. One or two floors depending on space needed.

If it's possible to do curved hallways that would be awesome, but if it's not possible, not an issue.

I have more than 90% of the 440+ unique paintings in game, including all legends of norrath paintings, all marketplace paintings, and entire collections from most world events. Of the ~35 or so I don't have I believe I can obtain about half of them by the end of the year, owing to future in-game events. The remaining handful may be impossible to obtain unless the devs make them available or long-time players donate them.

I also would like to do some display cases for some armor sets and some other interesting items such as vases, the same way you might see in a real museum of art.

If you have experience in decorating and this sounds like something you'd like to help with, please message me or reply. I'm happy to foot the bill for costs and also to pay in-game (pp or krono) for your time/expertise.

Thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting! I can't speak for others, but I'm on the SEHS19 swap project right now; I do know there's lots of awesome decorators on Thurgadin, though. :)

Well, at least a few, anyway. That are really good! :D

EDIT: Hmm! Thinking about it, it's a bit too late to enter into the current swap, but there's probably going to be one for Nights of the Dead (usually called Trick or Treat [ToT] Year Number or some such); you could submit it as a home to decorate, and if you put it in the book of the house (an easily personalizable Notebook or Personal Note or Frostfell Card) that you don't actually want a Nights of the Dead theme, they won't squawk. Or you could say, "Go ahead, do a haunted museum!" and take down the Nights decorations later, after everyone's seen it (or leave them up as a nod to the decorator, or whatever strikes your fancy). :)

It may be that all the Thurgadin decorators are currently involved with SEHS19 right now.

Any repayment you think would be appropriate would be worked out between you and the decorator once you know who it is (it started as a Secret Santug idea for Frostfell decorating, way back when), but most folks participate for "free." :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Dilon like this.
  5. Wulfvereen New Member

Hello !

This seems to be an enormous project, just what I love !
    If you have not yet found your decorator, and if you are not in a hurry (I am a slow-worker !), I may be interested to build you your dream museum.

You may wish to visit homes I have already decorated, so there are :
    - GH "To be or not to be" in New Halas
    - GH "Les Brahmanes" T2 in Qeynos
    - "The Prince's Residence" - Residence of the Blades in Qeynos

Fell free to send an in-game message to Wulfvereen if you want to meet me !
  6. Dilon Active Member

Thanks for responding! I was able to commission a decorator and they are hard at work (hint: the museum is going to be incredible awesome!)