If Kaladim is too easy, how come no guild has killed Faroth Mall in Brutal Acts of War?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Somedude, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somedude Active Member

I mean other than the hassle of 24 people completing the darkened shard quest, it sure looks like the hardest mob in game still isn't dead.
  2. Maledicere Member

Insanity killed Faroth Mal on May 18th. They failed on first attempt and got locked out, but still ended up getting server first. I'm pretty sure many of the top 20 guilds have killed him. Pantheon got the achievement a little over a week ago.

My guild isn't even listed as top 20 and killed him.

Gift of Cristanos, the supposed TLE item reward for server first kill, was discovered by a Black Flag member on May 29th. I'm sure some people are still salty about that.

That all said, Faroth Mal isn't the hardest mob in game right now, it's contested Vox that not one guild has legitimately killed the encounter. Those that have, only kill Vox and subsequently wipe.
  3. Ratface Member

Brutal acts of war is the hard mode version?

If so the hard mode version is easier than the easy mode version.
  4. Ghorast Active Member

Brutal acts of war is actually easier because adds are just heroics lol
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It's almost like the mob was designed to burn from 40-0% as it's mathematically impossible with current in game stats to kill the 40% adds. Odd. I'd bet even a guild at 60 you would only see 1 maybe be able to kill all the 40% adds.
    Zenji likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I for sure hope the hassle of going through that quest line is worth it .
    I only went through it all once and that was on FG , than nobody else came , so no raid there.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

I don't think a single guild has killed the 40 and 20% adds on Vox since the change to the adds was made however many years ago.

Hypothetically, even if a tank(s) could be healed through the 40/20% adds, Vox would die to cleave damage before you would have killed all the adds. Vox just has so little HP compared to the adds, it is not practical to do so even if it was possible.
  8. Somedude Active Member

There are two versions of this zone. Insanity didn't even know about the challenge version.
  9. Somedude Active Member

Yes, but the named hits harder than anything in game, and the fight takes longer cause the inducers aren't as predictably placed.

Also the adds are immune to taunt, that's why they are heroic in that version.
  10. Maledicere Member

I admit that I don't know how to access the harder version either. Has Insanity tried the harder version and failed? Has anyone else tried?

All I've done is grab the Stop the Underpaw Army quest from Seeress Bloodhackle and then zoned the guild into Acts of War. I see no option for a different version. Can you explain how to activate the harder version?
  11. Ratface Member

Everyone in the raid needs to have done the easy mode. Then it's just a case of choosing Brutal acts of war at the zone in. If one person in your raid hasn't killed easy mode you wont get the option. It may not work outside of a raid, not sure haven't tried to zone in solo.

The hardest part of the zone are the roaming gnoll/pig packs. The named fight is much easier, kill the one inducer and burn the named.

edit:- I've not done the full SP questline, only enough to get the teleport stone. So I haven't done the x2 and still get zoned in alright
  12. Ghorast Active Member

Even my Paladin alt tanked the "Brutal" version of Faroth Mal, it's not that hard really our guild had way harder time with the normal version.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

No we have not tried the "hard mode". That would required 24 people to have completed the quest line, including the x2 raid. We did the x2 once with 12 people on the day it came out and had no desire to do the it again.
  14. Ratface Member

Not everyone needs to do the quest for Brutal acts of war.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.