Looking forward to level increase or no?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Oradim, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Oradim Well-Known Member

Pixistik likes this.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, of course. Why is it not 5 anymore? And heck no not looking forward to it.
    Zeddicious and Pixistik like this.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

If you are not raiding it probably will be more of the same.
    It will probably be grinding the same zones over and over with little to no storyline, all the stuff we have spent the past few months grinding over and over and over will most likely become trivial.
    There will be a mad month of everyone working together to grind up the public quest just to have it fall by the wayside in a few months like it always does.

The gear will all be the same for every class!

It will be bright, and shiny, and new!

The marketplace deals will be extra special!

The crafting quest-line will be delayed by 2 months tho..so you cant have it all at once..I mean can you imagine the overload of things to do all at once if it was on time?
    LOL, I am looking forward to seeing what kind of deals the pre-order has this time!
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I'm getting old. Don't they realize this? Remember when we just got a 2 level raise then a 3 level, that was so nice. So I did the math and it's 580 levels for me. 29 crafting lines. I'm like still catching up to KA roflmao.i better get cracking. I still have a lot to do before it happens
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  5. Schortt Active Member

Actually, I don't mind the increase of lvls. I am on the other hand VERY happy they told us now, as it will change how I use my Celestial spells for the rest of the year. 10 lvl is most of people rotations. I think thats why they do it instead of 2 or 3 like you said they did in the past.
    Pixistik and Soara2 like this.
  6. Obano Well-Known Member

I am very excited to hear they are raising the cap to 120. Level cap increases actually help returning players get caught back up into the game. It essentially resets everyone back to square one with master crafted gear and expert level tier spells. These things are relatively easy to get compared to trying catch up to players who already have everything at grandmaster and above. I am the kind of player that likes to see the level cap go up every expansion though it usually only happens every other expansion.

I am also very excited to explore more of the planes. Nostalgia is cool and all but I want to see new things. My wish is to see content such as the "plane of hate" or the "plane of love" or a full overland zone plane of Mischief.
    Pixistik and Soara2 like this.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I don't think it will help returning people because they already set the trash mobs to where we need gear upgrades in this expansion. Most people don't have a few million plat when they return or are new to upgrade just to kill trash
    Pixistik likes this.
  8. Mucko Member

Not really, due to the dismal drop rates of masters.
    Pixistik and Kuulei like this.
  9. Obano Well-Known Member

I say this as someone who recently returned after a 6 year break. It seems they give people a box of free gear as the start of new expansion and leveling in the plane of magic through 100 to 110 was quite easy. Hitting CD content was like a brick wall though because the CD trash mobs were set to challenge players who already had all their masters, grandmasters, and ascensions from the previous expansion. I am hoping the next level up will be more like the plane of magic experience. When it the level cap goes up it is more of a total reset for everyone. The 111 to 120 experts will be better than grandmaster and ancient spells from the current tier. Mastercrafted gear will probably equal or better than old raid gear. Everyone will be in the same boat whether they played for years or are just back from a long break.
    Kurinji, Xillean, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

OMG me too. Hoping the same thing. That it will be more like PoM than CD
    Pixistik and Obano like this.
  11. Obano Well-Known Member

It would be an interesting "twist" if they made regular class spells upgrade the same way ascensions have to be upgraded.

You know where you have to scribe each tier before scribing the next one: Journeyman -> Adept -> Expert -> Master -> etc

All level 111 to 120 class spells should be like that. This would drag out the new expansion experience and make it last longer. Adepts would actually have value instead of just being vendor trash or transmuted. Players always like to rush through new content and then complain when there is nothing to do. Something is needed to slow people down a bit. Some may not like this at first but they will be happier in the long run if the new expansion isn't cleared after the first month. It would also give the devs more leeway in making masters a bit more common if they had other ways to slow people down.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ugh, please no. Having to farm adepts for basic class abilities would be a nightmare. I don't want the game to be even more of a 'open wallet, apply vacuum' experience.
    Quillyne, Finora, Hiza and 4 others like this.
  13. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Noooo!! No more faction quests where you can't progress until you do repeatables until your eyes bleed!!
    Soara2 and Pixistik like this.
  14. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Fewer PQs and faction grinds and I'm ok with it.
  15. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I wish they stuck to the 3 year level increases as stated by Holly.

But the extra income from spell researching is too strong to just let go. Its so obvious why they are increasing it this year instead of next year.
    Rhodris and Soara2 like this.
  16. Tajar Well-Known Member

Spell levelling is already slow enough. Expert level is what the devs balance the game around, and sadly still what many of my spells are at still. Masters have been far too rare these last two expansions, and to make things worse you need at least two. Three if you scribed the Master because they changed it so that you could scribe GM right away but never actually announced it so you didn't know... Otherwise it's one to make the GM, and then another to make the Ancient... if you ever get an Ancient Teachings that is.

I can deal with Ascensions being the way they are compared to how they used to be, but leave the class spells as they are (and increase the freaking Master drop rate!)
    Breanna, Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Raff Well-Known Member

I'm okay with it. It is just another new goal as far as I'm concerned. But I am having 2nd thoughts on bringing up another class to max in this content. Most of my many alts now languish at lvl 100. Takes too much time to keep more than one alt current these days.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  18. Laaw Well-Known Member

not looking forward to another 10 levels so soon. too soon...
    Rhodris and Soara2 like this.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Depends on how it all is implemented. Unfortunately, if they do like they did with CD, returning players won't spend more than a few days playing and then when they see the walls of obstacles to being viable confronts them, they'll disappear forever. If they make it fun and accessible, then it will be great.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  20. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I am beyond tired of increasing the level cap's. It does nothing for the players except cause as listed above, increased aggravation, forced grinding of monotonous content, leveling new spell / ascension replacements that are already impossible to "find" in game, but can easily be "found, aka bought" on the researcher, and make playing the game into a chore into instead something to look forward too.
    From a player point of view there is never a need to increase the levels, simply design the dungeons, mobs etc around the current level cap and be done. Stop with the pay to win and cash cow mentality of leveling thru marketplace and researcher spending. Not to mention the Instant level 120 or whatever the cap will be tokens.
    Many of us do not want increases in level caps, we want the current content and mechanics to work properly.
    Soara2 and GrunEQ like this.