Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Scorched Sky Celebration is active on Test!

You need not fear any of the devotees of Flame you are bound to encounter across Norrath during this time of celebration. Within the flames all mettle is tempered, that which is weak, distracting, and fleeting is burned away, leaving only the strong, pure, and resilient! Join them in lifting up the Tyrant of Fire and the Burning Prince and you too will know the cleansing intensity of Fire.

New Features for '19!
    • TLE servers
      • Kaladim – No participation
    • Live servers
      • The Ember Merchants have 31 new items available, including a whole new building block set and an armor crate!
      • New Quest
        • The Heat Is On offered by Limora Roamhill in Darklight Wood

Returning Features:
    • in-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Ro worshipers are found fire dancing, summoning fire elementals and praising Fennin and Solusek Ro in 9 different zones.
    • Ember Merchant selling celebration exclusive items.
    • Tempered by Flame - Players defeat fire elementals (level scaling) found in areas of the world where followers of Ro are located. Defeat fire elemental for Coin of Ember.
    • "Corilac Gem Stones" event collection found in celebration areas.
    • "Festive Fireworks” city quests

This event content is currently set to run 06/26/2018 at 12:01 AM PT until 07/08/2018 at 11:59 PM PT on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just did the quest and bought the items.

Quest is very easy to find and do. I'm a bit concerned by the size of the area were the eggs and babies are spawning. It is very very small. I'm afraid it won't be very manageable on populated US servers.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I placed everything down and everything works fine placement-wise.
    Could the bridge "move" slower? The lava is really fast, it feels weird and it's annoying to the eye after a while. Bridge is solid from above and no-collision from below which I like a lot

House is published under "Scorched Sky 2019" (medium homes - opera house in Qeynos under the name Leucosia)
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The "Pyrelord Grand Chair" caught my eye. The backrest is made up of 3 parts - the two outer ones look opaque from the front, while the center is translucent, which is a nice look. From the back, however, all three are translucent. Is there time to get it so that the back and front are consistent with each other?
  5. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Are the "A Sparkler Merchant" in the cities getting anything added/removed to them? (We still need them for the fireworks quest, but since there's no TLE content this year, the limited old buyables are just sort of arbitrary randomness. :D)
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I thought this comes out tomorrow good thing I was playing around on the forum .
    ( leaves toon at the bottom of the ocean ) don't sleeps with the fishies I be back soon , maybe.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

*casts an aqueous soul on the butterfly just in case*
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

wow all that stuff looks really nice, and like always I am running around doing at least 4 things at the same time
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUILDING BLOCK SET????!! On the Merchants?! :D

Oh, Kaitheel, I love you... :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But, but, but...Schmet! Recipe book! :D MERCHANTS!! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah. Okay, I take that back...no recipe book, just another bunch of building blocks. :(

That's okay, Kaitheel, I still like you anyway. :-/

Uwk
  13. Mirt Well-Known Member

Love the new building block set, plushies, and other things. It's great to see that quite a few of my suggestions made it in for the event as house items. :)
  14. elflover Well-Known Member

I know someone already had a feedback on but i also think the lava bridge needs to be slowed down, give it less coffee please its super fast and makes me dizzy after a min of looking at it and i dont get dizzy easily.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

I've added a lot more spawn points and made the search regions for the eggs and hatchlings larger. I've also increased the spawn number for each of them, since they are now spread out even more.

I'm not sure when these changes will be on Test, but they're coming!

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

We might be able to swap out the red glass pieces for a completely different shader, but those pieces would be completely solid, losing all translucency from any piece on the chair. Unfortunately, it is too late for any art change to get to the servers before the event is activated. So any change would be experienced on live.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Kaitheel Developer

I'm not sure if anything can be done, but I've alerted Art of it.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

oooo! lava stuff!
    likes it lots!

one question, & one opinion, if I may:
    Q: can the cracked lava tile have a Heat Shimmer added to it? considering it is, after all,.. slightly cooled molten rock,... should it not be, well,.. warm ;)

and the waaaay cool bridge item, when viewed in the dressing room,... would it not be considered a bit,... well, too fast, for the wavy/particle effect? kinda looks like the exhaust from a jet turbine.
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Could the armor within the crate be made heirloom instead of no-trade, perchance, so that it matches the crate? (Currently the crate is heirloom and the armor within is no-trade).
  20. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The quest is fun... especially the hatchlings!

I agree with the comments that the lava bridge is moving too fast... and none of the building block items can be viewed in the dressing room window. :(