I have a new published house

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ashla, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Ashla Member

If anyone one wants to visit here is the info

House of Gardens
    Felwithe Mansion ( Qeynos)
    Skyfire server
    Owner Taya (decorated by Taya)
    Under Massive homes....newly published

I had to make myself stop..I kept adding and fiddleing with it.Was driving me nuts. haha
    However I do have a ton of actors to add at a later date.I'm having a problem finding the right clothes for them.
    I hope you enjoy your visit :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just remember the worst part of publishing something...having to unpublish it to get the new stuff in (including, ironically, Hall of Fame trophies... :-/). ;->

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Eradani like this.
  3. Ashla Member

I just unpublished this house.I didn't feel happy with it.Felt unfinished.I will work on it more and maybe publish it again or just open it up for visitors.
    Uwkete...I don't publish my work for the trophies..I just like sharing my decorated houses with the EQ community.
    So taking this one down until I feel like its finished does not bother me.
    Anyway back to work.I hope you guys will visit when I feel it is complete.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't for the trophies, either, just mostly for the Swap stuff during the holidays. What awards I get are usually for my houses that were decorated by other folks, so I always like to put them up to show how awesome the decorator was! :D

Though I have gotten awards for my own non-Swap stuff, they've been few and far between, mainly 'cause I hardly ever publish anything. I admire those that do; most of my own places look like "toss it in, hope the door closes." ;->

Uwk
    who also largely doesn't publish non-Swap stuff because not much of the other stuff is ever finished...
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Blazen Active Member

Just started dabbling in the house decorating aspect of the game (my wife loves it) and I found out my carpenter can make house actors. I ran around harvesting wood and in 30 mins got 50 etherwood lumber (harvest skill is 1010). This is going to be fun. Is there a limit how many actors we can have or does it just fall under the house item count?
  6. Aneylee Well-Known Member

There is no limit but the house limit, but I have heard that the more house actors you have the bigger the lag but I am not sure on that.

And Ashla, you should publish again when you feel done which I can tell you we never feel that way! But I would love to see your project when your ready :)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FIFTY Etherwood?? In half an hour?? :eek:

Good gods, man, what server are you on? :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think the more the Actors are moving (dancing or "crafting" or whatever vs. just standing there and waving) and if they're doing it on continuous loop, rather than when approached (and with that, how big the approach range radius is), probably has an affect on lag; that would make sense. Can't recall atm who'd deco'ed their Neriak Opera House full of Actors, but most of us (they had an Uwk and an Iksar toon of mine as actors! I was so honored and jazzed! :D) were just sitting, watching the "show" on the stage, and I don't recall a lot more lag than usual. :)

And Ashla, I agree with Aney; would love to see your published place! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. elflover Well-Known Member

I have a opera house on skyfire with mannequins and its kind of slow loading, i havent had the same issue with house actors like that.
  10. Ashla Member

I published this house again...the info is the same as above in my first post.I did not add all the house actors I was working on (will save them for another project) but I did put some actors scattered about.
    I keep telling myself less is more..don't seem to work with me /sigh.
    I'm going to post the house in video tour request thread in case Febrith has time or wants to tour it for the ones that are on a different server and can't go visit.