Dive On In... Oceansfull Festival is Back!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Kaitheel, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

For generations, the othmir have been giving thanks to Prexus at during the early summer months each year for all he provides, above and beneath the waves. It is a celebration of all things Prexus, ocean, and sailing. Although this began as an othmir celebration, pirates, sailors, fishermen, and other ocean-folk have caught on quickly, joining in the reverie and praising the Ocean Lord. Now, they have opened the celebration to all of Norrath and anyone who may want to join in on the festivities!

From Thursday, June 6, 2018 at 12:01 AM until Tuesday, June 18, 2018 at 11:59 PM, you'll be able to join the othmir in celebration!

[IMG]

Here's a rundown of the fun you'll get to have and the rewards you'll get to earn, but remember, there's nothing like experiencing the event yourself!

Where to Celebrate:
    Where there's water, there's fun to be had! You can partake in Oceansfull in the following areas:
    • Great Divide
    • Eastern Wastes
    • The Commonlands
    • Antonica
    • Timorous Deep
    • Greater Faydark
    • Kylong Plains
    • Moors of Ykesha
    • Tranquil Sea
    • Phantom Sea
    • Obulus Frontier

Quests:
    Threats can be washed ashore, just as blessings can. Kippy in Greater Faydark and Binn in the Commonlands are looking for brave adventurers to help them with these quests:
    • Shell or High Water
    • Beach Party Brawl

Clam Shell Hunt:
    Find clam shells off shore in any of the areas where Oceansfull is being celebrated and open them up for rewards! You never know what you may find when you pry open a gift from Prexus. (More details below)

Achievements:
    Open up enough clam shells and earn a title!
    • Shell Raiser

Rewards:
    There are a number of new ocean-themed items that you may receive during the festival by opening clam shells in including:
    • Moving Water Spray building block recipe book
    • Oceanic decorations for your house
    • A variety of plushies
    • Aquatic illusions
    • Sea-themed equipment
    • And more!

Collections:
    Complete this event collection and you'll be handsomely rewarded!
    • Sacraments of the Deep

TLE Servers:
    • No participation on Kaladim.

Want to learn more about the events and rewards available this Oceansfull? Take a look at some of the helpful guides available from these fabulous Fansites:

The Oceansfull Festival is sure to make a splash! Head towards the water and get ready to celebrate this wonderful time!
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Thanks Kaitheel time to put on my floaties and flippers and dive on in :D
    Iam's a ratongas mermaid and's I want's my shells and pearls o can's we get's pearls next year , on a string like a neckless
    in a bowl or just one to put's in a shell and yes starfishes.
  3. SolarasX New Member

Any reason in particular why Kaladim isn’t allowed to access the event? Sounds like a nice break from grinding alts honestly.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes , we don't have all the needed zones.
    FG did not get into this festival until much later and the fire fest we did not get even on FG
    We also will not get any moonlight enchantments or city fests until later.
    the big festivals we won't get either like Frostfell or Day of the dead. we will get a merchant for those with a small amount
    of knickknacks and appearance armor .
  5. SolarasX New Member

Ahh, I see. Did not realize going to the areas from later expansions was necessary for this event. Thought it might be similar to Frostfell with a themed hub that could be accessed from any of the zones mentioned in the announcement. Thanks for the info, Schmetterling.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you need to be able to get to at least 3 specific zones for Oceanfull to get all the pieces for the collection,
    it's just like for Erolisie day you need 3 different zones to get all parts of those now 2 collections.

And please Kaitheel when Frosfell comes around , and we get a merchant , can we get at least that snow globe with the tree inside , it's on the merchant and never was a Santa Clug present . pretty please with Frostfell frosting and a gingerbread man cookie on top.
  7. Paleale Member

I don't see the reason for not getting the Frostfell or Moonlight event zones on Kaladim... Seems very similar to the rational that only allowed the adventure packs to be purchased once per account initially.. The other events requiring actually travel to those not yet existing zones makes sense
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know that was my point for as long as we have had TLE servers , but that's just the way it is , won't get moonlight
    enchantment till we get Faydark , same goes for City fest , won't get that till we get the island of Mara.
    I think the reasoning is that people will complain because they can't do some of the quests even if they can pick them up .
    and I have seen people do just that they ask why they can't go to Kelethin even when the bell shows that destination
    and so on. So allowing Frosfell on to this server will offer many such quests that you could not do.
    But I never heard a real good reason for not just letting us get Darklight woods and Antonica for Moonlight.
    They put it onto the new Nagafen server by exident . I wonder if we had it on Kaladim too :( and I missed it.
    Well sorry we can't join the fun on Kaladim and excuse me , but I have to run over onto all those other servers that can have OF and open some shells.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Kaitheel ? why are the new illusions only one time use ? and if that was intended why are they so rare ?
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

Nothing different than last year.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok I just looked at my loot from last year and your right elf they were one time use too
    than I really don't understand why they are so darn rare.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe because, once you get them, they're unlimited as far as duration goes? Good thing we can turn our illusions off and on, but still... :-/

Uwk
    not sure if having like 20 charges would be preferable...
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I really, really wish we'd had the Standing Ship's Wheel, rather than the Mounted one. Granted, the Mounted one doesn't have a base to it, like the lovely Floor item does, but one can always hide said base, and Floor based items are far more reasonable than Wall based ones as far as "odd placement" goes. :-/

Given the difficulty of getting the illusions and the building block book full of recipes, can we PLEASE have those return for next year, for those of us who couldn't do it this year? And yes, I'm foreseeing that not everyone will be able to get all of them., even once on each server :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I found both of those wheels this year.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really? I thought the Mounted one (the Wall one) was the only thing that was coming back (the only one I've found so far...sigh), and that Oceansfull would be like Santa Glug's gifties, that they'd vary each year, a bit.

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

nvm I looked in my test toons backpack and all I found was those mounted ones.
    But yes it is sort of like Santa Glug , we got back a small number of old ones , the ones people wanted more of .
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Moonlight Enchantments were on Kaladim by accident in March, look at the broker, the items are on there for sale, back in March they were a gold or two, now they are repriced in the few gold to a few plat range.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I hope we can get the Snow Globe with the Hamster Wheel inside of it!!

I also hope maybe we can get a music box or two with some Frostfell music?
    Breanna, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o well we could always torture Kaitheel on the road trip ;).
    Feed him to the mosquitoes when and if we get to the everglades .
    I was told when we still were on FG that we could not have any globs , because they are Santa presents
    But I found out there are 12 of them on the merchant I only want one
    and it plays the Frostfell theme.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

Thanks for Oceansfull, Kaitheel! It's fantastic and I'm totally having a blast. :cool: