Bloodline Chronicles

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tominator, May 30, 2019.

1. Tominator Member

I’ve never done the Bloodline Chronicles content. I’ve seen mixed info about what level you need to be, and if its solo or group.

I tried to click on the burial chamber trap door in Nek Forest with my thirty-five Warden, but nothing happened. Is that the starting point? Do I need to be level 50 first? And is it solo content? Or will I need a group?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Hey!

Did you recieve a ring that is named "a D'Morte insignia band"? If so, examine it. :)
    Soara2, Breanna and Zenji like this.
  3. Tominator Member

Thanks!

Hmmm, by ‘receive’ I assume you mean in the mail? I haven’t checked my mail in ages, but will at lunch.

Still – is there a level requirement? And can you solo it? I’ve never done it before and have seen mixed info on both.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

When you click the door it should give you a ring. And the Level requirement is 30~
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Tominator Member

Thanks again. I tried at lunch on my 35 Warden, but didn't receive the ring. I filed a report, hopefully that will help.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Ragna Well-Known Member

It used to be 30ish but they revamped (no pun intended ;) ) it to lvl 50 on TLE, (at least, I didn't take a look on Live)
    You might be able to get to get it a bit sooner (45+ ?) but I can't confirm,
    Soara2, Kalika, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  7. Greene Active Member

Just be warned that it's some of the dullest content known to man. Compare any of the Bloodline "dungeons" to say Ruins of Varsoon, and it's awful. A computer generated, soulless dungeon, no themes, no lore, nada; with mobs just copy pasted all over the place for no rhyme or reason.

And the quest line has you going in and out of the same instance repeatedly. I did it for the shiney appearance armor on FG, but that's it :p

It's like the free intern did all the content, just to learn some of the ropes!
    Soara2 and Eradani like this.
  8. Ghorast Active Member

In any other mmorpg Bloodlines and Splitpaw would have been free content updates but even back then SOE just had milk out every single penny they could by selling them separately.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

We tried to start with a 35 group, we got quests that were either 50 or sometimes 35. But we could not get neither the ring no the main quests.

It is quite silly since the recipes that you get are level 35.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Xevran Well-Known Member

As much as I hate defending SOE, TODAY content like Bloodlines and Splitpaw would 100% be free. Either that or they'd be more like Fallen Dynasty and would be sold as a DLC pack. Back then things were different and developers were still trying to figure out the right way to monetize extra content, I don't blame them for trying DLCs like that even though they ended up kind of mediocre.

I'll take small mediocre DLC packs any day over intrusive pay to win nonsense.
    Soara2 and Eradani like this.
  11. Chrol Developer

From the update notes on May 14, 2019:
    • Bloodline Chronicles quests and dungeons have been increased to level 50 and itemized to match.
    Siren, Soara2, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

Isle of Mara was also an adventure pack when it first came out. They were all expensive though at the beginning I think like $6.99 or somewhere similar to that, they were under $10.00
    Schmetterling, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I think Bloodline and Splitpaw were both a $3.99 DLC and Mara was $6.99 or $7.99 since it was so much larger and of superior quality.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

That sounds right too me, but OMG that was what 12 or 13 years ago LOL Well not for Mara but the other 2 iirc were not that long after eq2 first came out I think maybe 2-3 years.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  15. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Bloodline and Splitpaw dropped in the first year, before DoF. Mara dropped between KoS and EoF about a year after Splitpaw.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Somedude Active Member

They were free for all access subscribers...
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

At that point in time, weren't we all subscribers?
    Cyrrena, Xevran and Blazen like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

They did not have all access back then. I have been a subscriber since day one (they also did not have F2P) and when they first came out no you had to buy them.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Somedude Active Member

How quickly we forget...

There was 2 subscription models then. One that gave just access to EQ2 (standard subscription), and an all access subscription that gave access to all SOE games and free access to DLC content.
    Zenji likes this.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

You're right. Totally don't remember that. Not saying it's not true. It's just been a long time.