A Treetop View - Valor Homesteads - Thurgadin Server {Video Tour}

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Febrith, May 23, 2019.

1. Febrith Well-Known Member

Hi all, I was talking to a lovely lady last night and went to see her home this morning - this is a brand new decorator and this is her first published home:-

Soara2, Elyria, elflover and 2 others like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's amazing! :D

Though I don't care what those lazy devs call it; it's got two rooms now by default now, they should be calling it a Halas TWO-Room House by now, dammit. >:-/

But she still did a bang-up job in turning 2 rooms (heck, 2.5, if you count the Cupboard Under the Stairs) into like 4 or 5! :D

Uwk
    Soara2, Breanna and Febrith like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Words cannot begin to express my loathing for AT&T these days. X-P

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Faeonara Well-Known Member

So much is packed into this small home but vistas abound and it does not feel the least bit small in anyway at all.Such a wonderfully creative way to use this house . I love the simple elegant flow throughout the dwelling area and yes the colors and furnishings work together perfectly .I do hope she publishes more :)
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

Me too! I'm blown away by it and for a first home project too !
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! That's definitely one of the impressions I had, watching Feb go upstairs; it was like, "This is a 2-room place? There's not that much room up there, how'd she do that?? :eek:"

Awesome! Of course, this is her first published place; there was a guy, Barry Hughart, who won the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel with his first published book (Bridge of Birds, based loosely on a Chinese folk tale; I highly recommend it, and its two "sequels")...in like his late 60s. :) So, it's entirely possible she's had a lot of practice; it's also possible she just tossed some things together and is talented enough to have it come out looking like this! :D

Uwk
    who isn't jealous/envious...honest ;)
    Soara2, Febrith and Breanna like this.
  8. Febrith Well-Known Member

Lol yeh me neither /mutters :p
  9. Erinna Member

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, I'm totally stunned!

I really hadn't expected a video, let alone all this lovely feedback, when I asked Feb to take a look at the home and give me a bit of advice. You're all so kind! :)

Unfortunately, I can 100% guarantee that I didn't decorate this home by tossing things together...I wish I was that talented...then I wouldn't have alts complaining about their building sites...err homes! lol :rolleyes: :oops:
  10. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

What a beautiful job, and your first publish too! I have to ask what is the blue in the kitchen? Feb called it blue metal? I don't think I've ever seen that before (keeping in mind I don't play on the live servers anymore), but that looked really good!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. elflover Well-Known Member

The blue metal is a new tile from bristlebane day this year on the merchant.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'd like that and the new yellow (metal? I think?) tile to be offered as recipes, in the full set of building blocks, for next year's Bristlebane's. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Niboota Well-Known Member

LOVE IT!!!!!!! Small, Naturey, and efficient! All of my favorite things!