Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs - 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 23, 2019.

1. Ladislava Active Member

Okay I found him. Maybe make his 'book' visible on the water surface. The map I'm using doesn't show it on the map maybe because it's under water.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It should be visible; there are times I thought I'd remembered finding quest givers even under water. :-/

But yeah, the quest book should be on the map.

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. daicia Well-Known Member

Hmm. I have not be able to loot the recipe at all on my carpenter--and I have opened 122 shells now, so that seems rather broken to me. :(
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got that recipe 4 times on my level 2 trade skill toon , try to go to different areas I found 3 of my 4 in Kylong plains.
    and if you don't get one there are several people on the test server that will be more than willing to give you one :).
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's cool, and the Test folks are amazing, but yeah, those RNG odds need to be loosened up, big-time, or have a holiday merchant sell it to us, like they do for Tinkerfest. :-/

Uwk
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It is heirloom. There is no "giving" of that recipe to any other than alts, if you get duplicates. Bristlebane and the RNG have been bratty to some and not to others, but hopefully Dacia will get one soon. :D
  7. Kaitheel Developer

I did a double-check and confirmed there is no conflicting issue with obtaining the recipe scroll (unlike the illusion, previously). Niami is correct, it's just RNG.

May Prexus and Bristlebane bless all!

~ Kaitheel
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

owe :( I did not pay attention to that , well maybe it should not be heirloom than
    bashes eye lashes at Kaitheel pretty please .
    Owe never mind :(, our posts must have just crossed.
  9. daicia Well-Known Member

Came back to report that I have (at this point) opened 272 shells. Even if this is not broken, it honestly feels broken.

I looted it on my tailor before testing on my carpenter and found one after a hour of this, maybe slightly more. Could it be bugged to be one-per-account? I've been to Antonica, Commonlands, Greater Fay, and Kylong. I can keep trying locations, but by sheer volume, I don't see why location would matter. If it does matter, isn't that possibly broken?

As it is, this makes what should be a fun event not so fun. I've now been trying on this character on and off for two days and several hours, repeating, repeating, repeating, Can we have a way to exchange the things we loot maybe, like we do with the Beast'er event?

Here's my full list:

Aqueous Temptation - 16
    Explorer's on the Waves - 19
    Mounted Ship's Wheel - 20
    Ocean's Floor Dais - 14
    Whirling Water Basin - 18

Sand Pincer - 10

Aqueous Sentinel Plushie - 17
    Lodizal Plushie - 15
    Marid Lagoon Hunter Plushie - 10
    Marid Tide Hunter Plushie - 16
    Seafoam Nereid Plushie - 7
    Swimming Othmir Shellcracker Plushie - 13

Behemoth Nautilus Shell - 23
    Closed Clam Shell - 17
    Sea Foam Brain Coral - 9
    Siren's Pearlescent Shell - 17
    Sunset Sponge Coral - 17

Nautlis Shell Shield - 9
    Siren's Ensnaring Staff - 3

Oceansfull Adventurous Othmir Illusion - 1
    Oceansfull Ulthork Bonepriest Illusion - 1

Recipe - 0

EDIT to add: even if someone on Test would give it to me and even if it can be purchased on the broker on Live servers, a lot of players I know are completionists, who will want to loot it on their own. I would also expect complaints about the broker high cost of this item on some servers vs. others.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I liked your post not because your not getting a recipe , but because it shows the desperation of people trying to find something and it's just not working .
  11. daicia Well-Known Member

Thanks. :) I'm trying to be positive but can also see how this will cause a lot of complaints in general once it hits live. I can see the point of it being an very uncommon drop, but I got both of the illusion forms on the first day of trying. This is beyond that somehow and that makes it seem way off. I think making an exchange merchant if they can do it in the short span leading up to or near the end of the event might work. That or maybe the RNG needs a little bit of a tweak? Or maybe it is bugged in some way that's not yet clear.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well the way I usually handle something like recipes I am happy if one of my toons on that server gets one , because than I can just make everything on this one character for all my others, so at least you got one that's better than nothing
    hmm I only collected around 180 shells and I yet have to find any illusions.
    Have not tried since that bug was taken care of.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. daicia Well-Known Member

I'm only on Test to test, so I don't care if I really get one on my carpenter too. When it didn't turn up for my carpenter, I thought it was worth testing further. I'm thinking of all the people I know who will not get any because they won't have time to open shells for hours and hours for several days. On some servers, the population that will do that will be those who have carpenters or the decor enthusiasts who want the recipe to scribe, so I can foresee any recipe scrolls that manage to end up on the broker being set at insane plat costs. There's a threshold where rare becomes something of a thorn for those who can't play every single night of the event or for whom constant diving is not physically ideal. I'm saying there needs to be a slight tweak somewhere or an alternate way to obtain the recipe. The Beast'r example comes to mind because it's an equally simple event and it seems clever to make collectibles act as the event currency. In this case, it could be an exchange of the event item you have the largest stack of, perhaps? I don't know, since I don't know if this can be tweaked in the time remaining or if they care to fix it.
  14. elflover Well-Known Member

The recipe scrolls are heirloom, so if you get them on one toon you can pass it to intended one through shared bank...but can not broker them.
  15. daicia Well-Known Member

Ah, I misread earlier. I thought they were confirmed as not heirloom. In that case, it's likely to be even more frustrating.
  16. elflover Well-Known Member

It was heirloom when i was last on test, so not sure what has been changed haven't had much time to be on even live. But out of 160 or so clicks i had got 2 recipes, i want to say about half that i got my first one. Id rather it be heirloom than crazy prices on the broker, but that's just personal opinion on that. Can have at least one toon have recipe, its usually how i do events saves time one has them all so i dont have to write down the hoard of who has what lol.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the only thing they changed lately is that the new illusions would not drop for anybody who had last years ,you now can find the new one even if you own last years.
    And I just found 2 more recipes within 2 minutes.
    And this toon is only a level 2 crafter and that's all that's required to make this building blocks.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No, I completely agree with you on that one, Elflover; I'd much rather have it be Heirloom, too, rather than fight The Great Beast that the dang Broker has become. X-P

Or best yet, have an event merchant sell them. What would it hurt??

[emphasis mine]
    WHERE?? :D

Uwk
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, after about two hours myself, in my favorite "hunting grounds," I actually managed to find three recipe books (three; count 'em, three), though I have three Carpenters on Test and one very-similar-to-Abe-Sapien-from-Hellboy Erudite character who lives in a giant aquarium vying for three recipe books (my lowliest Carpy's gonna be upset, poor thing; I'm not mucking up my lower back again just for that). :-/

Here's another thought: make it a quest reward, even an Heirloom one (like, if memory serves, the Vampiric Mirror recipe book is from the Loping Plains Haunted Mansion). If we have to spend all our time going after the recipe book, we're not gonna have time to do the quest(s). :-/

Uwk
    Hartsmith, daicia and Breanna like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

In that time opening shells, I got the following:

Aqueous Sentinel Plushie - 9
    Aqueous Temptation - 7
    Behemoth Nautilus Shell - 18 (anybody wanna spare Shell? :-/)
    Closed Clam Shell - 14
    Explorers on the Waves [painting] - 17
    Lodizal Plushie - 12
    Marid Lagoon Hunter Plushie - 21 (or a spare "hireling"? :-/)
    Marid Tide Hunter Plushie - 17
    Mounted Ship's Wheel - 7 (hmm...thought I'd gotten more of those... :-/)
    Moving Water Spray Building Blocks - 3
    Nautilus Shield Shell - 2 (one's to be Abe's newest Appearance shield; works better for him than the Hammer's Wrath Buckler he'd been using)
    Ocean's Floor Dais - 11 (very Atlantean :D)
    Oceansfull Ulthork Bonepriest Illusion - 1
    Oceansfull Wise Othmir Illusion - 0 (but I really wasn't trying very hard, I must admit; I got the last two Recipe Books in short order from each other and left at that point)
    Sand Pincer [house pet] - 3
    Sea Foam Brain Coral - 12
    Seafoam Nereid Plushie - 15 (you realize, "Seafoam" isn't a word, but "Sea" and "foam" are...unless that's their official race name designation?)
    Siren's Ensnaring Staff - 1
    Siren's Pearlescent Shell - 12
    Sunset Sponge Coral - 9
    Swimming Othmir Shellcracker Plushie - 15
    Whirling Water Basin - 15 (that should be enough to supply all my Time Lord toons on Test with Time Vortexes! :D)

So, out of...221 items (which would've been more, had I been more concerned about completion's sake than my poor lower back in RL), I got 3 of the ones I wanted the most, for a percentage of 1.36%, and that's only because I turned up those other two recipe books when I did. Otherwise, it'd be a percentage of 0.45%, which isn't enough for any fun at all. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy, daicia and Breanna like this.