CD PQ's Items No Value/Salvage/Transmute

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tkoss, May 30, 2019.

1. Tkoss Member

If we can no longer Salvage / Transmute / Sell / Turn them into Greater weapon essences
    what is the value from doing the library PQ's ?
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

well,..
    there is a tiny bit of status awarded,...
    once the Sig Line weapon is replaced, one gains useless currency,...
    umm,.
    oh, yeah, there is ALOT of frustration to be gained too,...
    let me see,.. what else,... o_O
    Soara2, GrunEQ, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Once a month for the celestial quest.. that's it
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

Items from Dr Arcane chest are no transmute no salvage no values Also niow.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Ugh, what is it with them adding no transmute, no salvage, no value tags to everything.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

The items in the Dr. Arcane are now non salvageable, non-tranmutable....and they were not that way prior to this last update.

No point in doing them anymore now...unless it is a bug?
  7. Interstella Member

Good thing I traded anything of value (earring) to my alts ages ago.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Another nail in the coffin from my perspective. Getting real tired of nothing but negative changes to existing game mechanisms without one shred of communication.
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

I don't understand all the negative changes either. It is like DB is deliberately trying to kill the game. We are getting more and more useless "rewards" for completing quests to the point where I have stopped doing a lot of quests with my alts.

At the present time, most of my game play involves just doing the daily tradeskill apprentice tasks and the daily objectives and it is getting harder to make myself do those.

My breaking point came when I tried doing the PoP Sig line, with a 107-level character, and was still 107 after getting all the way to the Plane of Disease despite double xp plus xp pots. I wouldn't have had to dungeon crawl at all if DB hadn't changed my xp/aa bar without my knowledge. Unfortunately, I had run several characters through the PoP timeline before realizing their bars had been changed.

Since then, all my main characters have reached 110 just by doing the PoP timeline which is how it should be. Signature lines, and above, should be optional content for players who enjoy dungeon crawling and more of a challenge.

But that is just my opinion as a player who would rather decorate than dungeon crawl. And if I have to complete mind-numbing quests, to be able to do the decorating I want to do, then I would at least like to have access to the gear needed to complete the quests. It would also be nice to get rewards that I can actually use rather than junk I have to destroy.
  10. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

If you are a raider that have been playing since CD launched in November, this is your routine.

Click your house plant and sell the rare.
    Pickup daily TS skills in anchorage if you have any use for it still. Pickup the daily TS skill in Library.
    Go gather, takes 10 minutes top. Craft the items, takes 5 minutes.

That is your daily routine and thats done in less than 20 minutes.

Lets see what you do on a weekly:

You may do the weeklies if you have a new guild recruit that still needs the cloak and needs to level his spiritstones.
    You may login to raid 2-4 times a week to raid.
    You may do old PoP content for new recruits for the insanely strong achivement buff.

This is if you can even find a guild group or even more of a lottery, find a PUG.

Then once a month you do the celestial quest which involves running two PQs and the weeklies.

If you do nothing of the above, you been stuck with decorating a house or waiting for summer ethereals since at least May and I'm sure some people will now flock to the forums to defend this game design.

Anyone at DBG that thinks this is good MMORPG design must not have played one, ever.
    Soara2, leannel and Ruckus like this.
  11. Ruckus Well-Known Member

This has been my routine for the past 6 months now.

I just do the daily TS quests on 9 toons and then log until it's time to raid.
    I used to do every blasted collection quest in this game, but since the no-trade collection rewards in the heroic zones only show up 10% of the time, I said "screw it" and found other things to do with my life than muck about with that useless goal, especially since the final rewards are "meh". This includes CD as well as the mindless grind of Runnyeye's "new content".

PS "new content" is not really that new, especially since Runnyeye has been done twice previously already.
    Soara2 and leannel like this.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Don't worry, soon you'll have to log in daily and do 3-4 zones per day at minimum to stay relevant. Otherwise you'll miss out on some absurdly OP item that will put you miles behind everyone for at least a year.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Gosh, that sounds absolutely ethereal! :rolleyes:
    Soara2, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

Hmm. Maybe I'm not doing so badly after all. At least I have a variety of things I can do each day if I'm so inclined.

I guess that is the advantage of not being relevant. With 35 characters, just on Maj'Dul, there is always something I can do. The challenge is finding something that will give me a better return, for the time spent, then just slaying and hacking mobs who only offer useless rewards--if any reward at all.

I see little point in paying a monthly sub to do under-100 content. But 100+ content rewards have little use except to sell, if they even have value so you can sell them. So far, thanks to the no-trade, no-value, no transmute, and no-salvage tags, I've had to destroy a number of rewards that required long, boring fights to get. Those that I could sell, didn't bring in much plat considering the time I spent to get the rewards.

At least for me, it isn't so much the lack of content but the rewards for the content. I have a large stable of characters to support so I need rewards that will keep my characters in decent gear. Right now, most of my characters are still using the stuff right out of the box in the library because I lose about half of my rares when I refine them. So why not drop the occasional refined rare off of CD overland mobs? Or how about the occasional house item that could be traded or sold?

Right now, I kill about a hundred mobs, per outing, and get virtually nothing off of them. I don't even bother with the named mobs because their loot has so many tags I end up destroying it. The only things of real value, I normally get from my outings, are the mats I harvest.

To me, CD is just a big wasteland except for the harvests. I tried doing the CD timeline quests, but without mastercrafted gear, they are simply too hard on the hands as fights take forever. Even with mastercrafted gear, you still need a ton of adorns to get the fights to a reasonable length of time.

That's the same problem I have with the PoP sig line but at least it does give out decent rewards. I just hate the way it reserves xp until certain arbitrary goals are met.

Ultimately, these issues are causing me to drop back to a maintenance mode of involvement with the game. I do a bare minimum of daily tasks, each day, and then log off. None of that requires a sub.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Summer ethereals have been dumb for several expansions, I don't think anyone is arguing that. But at least it gives you a reason to play their game outside of raiding.
    Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  16. EmJay Well-Known Member

Just more mindless grinding. /feedback NOT FUN!
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Tkoss Member

Well not fixed with this patch on 6/4 please /bug it in game
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Menko Member

Another thread in a handful of them pertaining to different aspects of the game but all with the same issue.

DBG is no transmute, no salvage, no value - ing their customers right out of the game.

I actually laugh when I see the no-value tag...like wow DBG you hit the nail right on the head...there is no value to so many activities in game atm...please reconsider this absurd decision.
    Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Y'all act as though the no-trade and no-salvage loot is new. I just ran one toon back through the Epic 2.0 which goes back to Chains if Eternity zones, and dang if I wasn't getting stuff I couldn't transmute, salvage, or sell.

I hate that they do this. But it's not new.
    Soara2, kingmob23 and Breanna like this.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Specific quest rewards have had these tags before, but they were few and non-repeatable.
    They have never CHANGED gear to be 'destroy only' after it's been in game for months and months.
    Nor has gear from repeatable quests ever been 'destroy only' before.
    People have already been complaining that nobody does the PQs any more (except once a month for celestials) and now they've taken away the teenie tiny bit of usefulness they'd had.
    Since the devs have declined to comment on the change (they didn't even put it in the patch notes), it looks completely pointless AND harmful from the player perspectie.
    Soara2, GrunEQ, Quillyne and 5 others like this.