If Etherealist, will cold-based AA multipliers work for Warden?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by VivoDivo, May 27, 2019.

1. VivoDivo Member

Another question for new raiding Warden.

I'm Etherealist which means my spells are converted to magic based damage. Does this mean that any AA which has a cold-based multiplier, e.g. Chilling Winds in the Shadows AA line, will not kick in? So would it be a waste putting points into that?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I dont want to be an idiot, but it would take you exactly 2 minutes to figure this out in game.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. VivoDivo Member

Well, you are an idiot, because you took the time to reply to my post, yet you said nothing helpful or even confirming -- just a snarky put down. There are all sorts of mechanics to this game that I'm trying to figure out.
    Lovidicus, Soara2, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  4. Interstella Member

I believe this to be the case. For this reason Wizzy has done well as Elementalist. Same is true for Warlock, Elementalist or Thamuaturge is the way to go. Also, your ranged slot/weapon effect should match ie Elemental rending w/Elementalist, and Noxious Rending with Thaumie.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

AAs that affect spells of damage type x do work because the base damage of those arts and that happens before the ascension damage type conversion.
    Kittybock, Soara2, VivoDivo and 2 others like this.
  6. VivoDivo Member

Thank you.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Satara Member

I'm happy to see there are other warden Etherealist in game (all the wardens I know are elementalist).
    Yes, AA spell do work but, is the Etherealist still a good Ascension solution to improve DPS of the Wardens ?
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Absolutely.
    Heriophantic Genisis is great for getting power back after ethershadow assassin
    Hit Nature's Grace (otherwise useless warden epic 2.0 ability) right after feedback loop to maximize the triggers
    Satara and Breanna like this.