Hunter's quest chore is not fun or challenging

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sixgauge, May 29, 2019.

1. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Standing around camping a mob for 1.5 hours is not fun or adventure. Especially when you get kicked into a pit and don't get the update, thanks to your sloped ice walls. PF and SE should spawn additional instances like CT does.
  2. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

No iteration of the hunters quest has ever been what I'd call fun. It's a time filler. In that regard it's functioning as intended
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

They could have done a much better job implementing the Hunter's quest in T5, and the coins being heirloom on top of using open world mobs, is just a terrible mix.

Option 1- use instances
    Bastion of Flames
    Tower of Drafling
    Sanctum of Fear
    Nek 2 (if they ever updated the itemization in there)
    Icy Dig
    Tombs of Night
    Split Paw - Arena / Crawlers Nest

Option 2- add a weekly quest (short easy raids, easily 2 grouped)
    Commune of K'Dal
    The Cove of Decay: Epic Angler
    Drayek's Chamber
    Echoes of Time: Epic
    A Meeting of the Minds
    The Deserted Mine
    Firemyst Gully: Shattered Stillness
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Add em to the x2 city guild raids.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Those are all valid ideas to make it better... I just think the quickest and easiest and least disruptive solution is to make SE and PF spawn additional instances. At least then you're running around hunting named. The whole time this morning when I was camping with a group, I kept thinking... I can't wait until I'm done with this so I can log and play Rainbow 6 Siege.
    Mizgamer62 and Zenji like this.
  6. Somedude Active Member

I agree with all these sentiments...

It would be best if they were instanced objectives, so the primary challenge is forming a group vs finding a name to squat for 90 mins.

However, given that would take completely recoding the quests, the next best fix is setting Perma to spawn a new instance at 18 people in zone instead of 70. Sol Eye, it could probably handle 24 before needing a new instance.

I hate to even mention this, as its working so well for me I don't want others to do it....

I get the quest and log out and don't log back in till the next quest is available. So for example, I grab the sol eye quest, and log out until the next quest (perma) is offered. At this point everyone is chasing the lastest quest and camping perma to death, I can go over to sol eye and get my 3 named in like 15 mins.

This works, as it only requires 1 healer and 1 dps to kill these names, so I do this on my warlock with my fury friend.

Yes, I'm one quest behind and will get my reward one quest cycle later than I otherwise would, but I'm not fighting hardly anyone for the nameds.

Hopefuly I don't regret posting that... granted I only need like 6 more coins.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o well Zenji Kaladim is supposed to remind you of the old days ( probably not as old as eq1 )
    So camping named would fit right in , at least you don't have 5 guilds sitting in the same place for a week.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

Nothing about Kaladim reminds me of "the old days" other than we are killing T5 content. Kaladim is not a Classic like server, is a time locked server doing T5 content.

I played Classic, and never once did I sit in Sol Eye for 90 minutes waiting for the same name to be killed 3 times.
    Mizgamer62, Pehter and Bekkr like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Zenji I know that Mr , not everything people say can be taken word by word . I was being sarcastic.
    You remind me of my dearest husband ever rational , he thinks playing games is irrational and I should be taking on real live issues, and when I tell him somebody else said this or that he replies " I don't want to share your phantasies, like this real person is simply another NPC.
    Your probably right , I have not played this game as long as you but I also said it is SUPOSED to remind you of the old days
    and I also said that camping mobs like that is more like eq1.
    And guess what , I don't like this either so lighten up.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Schmetterling likes this.
  11. Kalika Well-Known Member

The problem is that people are doing it, on day 1 i decided to skip it. If everyone had acted in the same way they would have been forced to change something.But instead we got some weakling running it each 18 hours on 3 toons. For them it is the only way to top the parse.

Anyway even if 20% reuse is Huge/massive etc I will wait the T6 mid term hoping that it will be instanciated.

The only good new about the hunter items is that they are not needed to clear the content. I like also the fact that people cannot P2win as much as on Fallen Gate, no grand master or ancient, no familiar.

The only P2win i saw is a complete heal Legend of norath potion (long recast but infinite charges).
  12. Pehter Member

Hunter's quests seem to bring out the worst in people.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Frustration and boredom do too.
    Xevran, Schmetterling and Mizgamer62 like this.
  14. Tobias Fünke Member

I really don't mind it. I've grouped with a bunch of people I may not have, sometimes those groups stick and head into Icy. Nearly every time I've shown up solo a group has added me in to get my updates. If you don't like it, don't do it.
    Dude likes this.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  16. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I don't do it, I can't think of a more useless way to spend 90 minutes of my day.