Kaladim is disappointing

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Bella222, May 28, 2019.

1. Bella222 Active Member

I hadn't realized that playing on Kaladim required grouping. But so I have just been told when I was wondering why so many of the quest targets are all heroic mobs -- for quests that appear to be regular solo quests. Why they are heroic 3 arrow up mobs when they are for a plain old regular quest or a City Task. It is disappointing and I think the explanation and publicity for joining the TLE was misleading. Oh, well.... disappointing -- back to the regular servers.
  2. Liral Active Member

You most certainly DO NOT have to group on Kaladim. You can solo from 1 to 50 no problems at all. Will there be quests you can't complete solo? Yes. Will it be much slower than if you group? Yes. TLE servers are meant to approximate what the game was like in the beginning when it first launched and that means that grouping is much more common to get certain gear quests, etc done. EQ2 was designed as a social game that rewarded grouping and meeting new people when it launched. Grouping has always been strongly encouraged but it is in NO WAY required to play the game.
    adaria, Bekkr, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  3. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

TLE servers have, or attempt to have, the content that was originally heroic at launch reset to being heroic once again. If you're running into ^^^ mobs while questing, it's probably because those mobs started out as ^^^ but had been nerfed for soloability at some point in the game's life. That's an advertised feature of the TLE server type.
    Siren, Jaden, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

just play a summoner (both are very strong) or a Sks. Healers are horrible till around 30. Killing pack of "3 weak heroic" in your low teen is very slow with a healer, even if furies and warden have an easier time than the 4 others.Against those groups i had to really fight but my conjurer/necro just send the pet and assisted lazily.

Bards are probably the weakest solo, remember some asking for help for the solo quest in Frostfang (it is in a cave with group of 3 or may be 4 orcs).

My fury probably grouped 90% of the time, my conju only 50%.

All classes can level to 50 solo, conju/necro/sk can even do heritage quest solo (here i mean doing the quest when they white or high blue, much more classes can run then when green).
    Maldaris and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Almost nothing here is accurate, but enjoy live servers. :)
    JDV_Crushbone, Dude and Zenji like this.
  6. thesightless2 New Member

I beg for grouping as a 39 guardian, you would think its become illegal to group
    Snikkety and Sixgauge like this.
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

The problem with playing a tank is most groups don't even start unless there's already a tank. So you pretty much have to start your own groups (in addition to leading the group through zones and pulling all the mobs and holding all the aggro and eating blame when the group sucks).
    adaria and Dude like this.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

It's the weirdest thing. This is exactly the experience I had on my guardian. On my monk it's never an issue. So I ditched the guardian and life was better.
  9. diezil New Member

could you tell me bist lords on kaladim at all not will?
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

This is from the Kaldim FAQ, but it's confusing.

The Channeler and Beastlord classes will not be available for play on Kaladim. These classes have been deemed “Out of Progression” for the beginning of the server and will be made available at their original expansion releases.

"Will not be available for play" and "will be made available at their original expansion releases" are contradictory. o_O

https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-kaladim-tle-server-faq-2019
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

Maybe it was a hint that the server will not make it to the expansions that unlock BL / Chan ;)
    Siren likes this.
  12. Somedude Active Member

I'd like to play more eq2, but this content pace is making it really hard to not find another game to play instead.
    adaria likes this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

I think it's perfect. Gives me a chance to enjoy the content on several different characters.
    JDV_Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

What content are you referring too? and how many characters have you done it on?
  15. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

You can play more than 1 game... I rotate through several on a regular basis. Kerbal Space Program and Subnautica just dropped expansions. Pop on to EQ2 when you get bored of other games and start to miss it. Then there's always the standard EQ2 servers if you're into that kind of thing.
    Dude likes this.
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

You know a MMO is in a bad place, when the best suggestion to avoid being bored is to play another game.
  17. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I wonder how fast I could fill up all my free character slots if I started now and just geared them out with my fallen gate rewards, maybe a week? For full prismatic's on all of them and experts/masters?

I hear it's like four hours 1-50, I guess I could quest up one dude in 20-25 hours if I was extremely bored and wanted to be a tryhard killing orcs in the commonlands.
  19. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Why would you bother with all that gameplay when you could just hire a PL and buy icy dig broker gear by end of the day. Throw in another krono and they'll do your prismatic too.
    Bekkr likes this.
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I was trying to take a casuals thought process to how this server actually has enough content for four months, I also threw in a bit of sarcasm and parodied the thinking of people who think it has that much content.

In reality I would just plvl to 50, get pris, run icy digg three times and then log out because there is nothing to do. Multiply this across like six toons to cap out my character slots and I have maybe 2-3 weeks worth of content.