A Guide to Chaos Descending

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Hurtsbad, Jan 17, 2019.

1. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Yeah I found a bunch of the random overland quests but haven't checked around the library for books! Thanks for that tip.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Oradim Well-Known Member

One way is to in-game open the Marketplace window by clicking the shopping cart button, type "reforging" into the Search field, then enter/return. This should give you the option to purchase.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Obano Well-Known Member

That only leads to reforging requisition tickets. That is not what I am looking for. The tickets won't even work unless the account is flagged for reforging.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Oradim Well-Known Member

Hmm, that's how I purchased the option for my account. If you don't see it, then something must be different.

Here's what I saw when doing the steps I mentioned (you can see the reforging feature and it is available from the search):

[IMG]

I guess if you execute "/show_account_features" that reforging is not in the output?
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

"Step One:

Remake your PoP tome. Get two imbued stones and craft it again. Then infuse it. From this point on lets assume that you are using ALL available infusers and plat when I say "infuse". Once it is made go reforge it and put all of the AB mod into Potency. This should push it up to 4700+ potency."

Is this referring to the Tome of the Planes?I have the recipe for this. https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Tome_of_the_Planes_(Charm)
    Or the ones you get from leveling Ascension classes, the Tome of the Ascended. If so, no idea how to remake that one.
    This is the one part of this guide that truly confuses me. How do you imbue stones? Does this mean refine?
    When you say remake it, then remake it again, why would you remake it a second time?
    Infusing and reforging I get, but yeah, tried googling the hell out of the other things and can't find anything about imbuing it.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's a typo. They mean you use your Tradeskill Prestige AA ability to Refine the rares. Then craft the Tome of the Planes from the refined Darkstones. Using refined rares gives you some stat boosts.

The business about Reforging ABMod to Potency no longer is operative.
    Soara2, Breanna and kingmob23 like this.
  7. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Awesome, yeah you cleared that up in the other reply as well. Thank you soooooo much. My brain was going bonkers trying to figure out how the hell you imbued the thing haha
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Alterino Member

I'm thinking of resubbing. I haven't played since PoP which properly burnt me out.

I've heard that refined and experimented armour was needed to run heroics in Chaos Descending however this has since been nerfed and is no longer adequate to get through the zones.

Just looking at some clarity at how I get geared to start running heroics if possible.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Obano Well-Known Member

You basically have to run Public Quests and solo missions until you get enough Gloom tokens to buy the 90 resolve gear. That is the new starting point to begin progressing through heroics.
    Soara2 and Alterino like this.
  10. Alterino Member

Thanks Obano.

That doesn't sound much fun, I don't play an MMO to solo. I was hoping there would be panda quest gear or something.

Think I'll save my money and do something else instead.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have noticed some searches in Marketplace don't work the same every time I look for the same thing.

Sometimes to find the 10 broker credits, I have to search for 'credit', another time 'credits' brinhgs them up. Another type I had to type 'broker' to find them. Yesterday, I had to look all over marketplace as no search brought them up. The last one was for a new character.
    Soara2, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Obano Well-Known Member

I would recommend giving it a try. Despite being rather difficult Chaos Descending is one of the best expansions they have done.You won't find content this fun in any other MMO.

Also "Public Quest" is not solo content.
    Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.