So Far, CD Leaves Me Cold

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I run spreadsheets, but not for adorns or equipment or anything like that. I have all the events, all the tradeskill recipes including all the faction recipes, all the furniture, and quest checklists for my army. I started this long before I knew about EQTraders, EQ2U, and EQ2Furniture, but it is a mashup of all 3 of of them.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

Sigrdrifa I watched you video and you use the same route I usually take in that zone. I had to laugh, however, because I've never seen nodes so abundant on Maj'Dul no matter what time of the day or night I play.

I was out there around 3am EDT, and finding the nodes I needed was a real pain. I spent more time harvesting non-quest mats than those I needed. There were players in just about every area of the zone also looking for mats.

The Anchorage tradeskill repeatable quests are far better than the Myrist repeatables which makes me wonder if I should just skip the Myrist ones. Is there some benefit to the Myrist ones I don't know about that makes those daily quests worth the time and effort? I can do four of the Anchorage quests in the time it takes to do the one Myrist quest.

Also, is there a limit to how many times a day you can do the Anchorage quests. They keep giving them to me so I've been doing them and hoping it isn't some bug in the program.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

The Anchorage quests are available every hour. I'm not aware of anything you can get from the Library quest that isn't available from the Anchorage quest. The daily harvesting quests though from the GH harvesters can reward an Essence of Chaos. I'm not aware of any other way to get those currently.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I got an Essence of Chaos from one of the Anchorage tradeskill missions last night.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

I think I'm having a senior moment. When you say quests through the GH harvesters are you referring to the guild house? I wasn't aware that there were any NPC harvesters giving out a daily quest. Please enlighten me.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If your Guild Hall has the Gatherer, Hunter, and Miner NPCs, each will give you a daily harvesting quest for PoP and/or CD.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

When you complete the TS timeline, each of the harvesters in the Guild Hall give a quest to harvest 50 of 3 different items. The reward is random harvests and rares.
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. I didn't realize they would give me quests. Wow, they really went all out on tradeskills with the CD xpac. I don't know what to do with a lot of the stuff I get as rewards but then I've been saving the mysterious blue coins for years without knowing what they were for. I'm sure I'll eventually figure it all out.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The GH harvester quests were from the PoP xpac. I think you have to do the PoP tradeskill line first, before they will give you their quests.

The GH harvesting quests are of no interest to me, as I refuse to do the GH harvester's job for them. What am I paying them for, after all!?!
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

They do that for PoP and CD. They say they are afraid or something to go there so would suggest you harvest there yourself. You get a quest from each one, you harvest the resources, you get to keep the resources and you get a reward of more resources and sometimes a nice rare like the Essence of Magic or the Essence of Chaos.
    Soara2, Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you zone into Cobalt Scar by a bell, there is the huge Combine tent. In the corner at the front of the tent where you enter on your right as you enter there is an NPC in there that sells furniture and the recipes to make that furniture for the Mysterious Blue Coins.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

I completed the Cobalt Scar tradeskill timeline today. Thanks for all the information on it and the GH harvesters.