SPRING ROAD TRIP!!!!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The SPRING ROAD TRIP will hit the road on Friday, April 26.

Depending upon the number of attendees, we will have either, a Virtually Charted Mini-Bus (Boo-Hiss), a Virtually Chartered Party Bus (YAY), or a Virtually Chartered Touring Bus (YAY it has facilities)!!!!

We will be departing from the Daybreak Studios at Noon and hitting every Amusement park we can find between the Daybreak Studios and Florida, in EVERY SINGLE STATE!!!!!! We need everybody to make this trip a roaring success, and since it is a Virtual Road Trip, it will not cost you any money and you do not have to use your vacation time to come along!!

Reply to this thread with the Amusement Parks that you know of and their locations, so we can map this trip out. We will be heading North from San Diego.

If you did not take our Summer Road Trip, you do not know what you missed, a Great time was had by all.

*whispers* If no developers get on the transportation method voluntarily to go on the road trip with us, there will be kidnappings!!!!!
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Gee sorry to miss this. I'm sure it will be "fun".
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

umm,.. "virtually"?
    If I understand the context, my I suggest the Mount Hope Estate & Winery in Manheim, PA which hosts the Pennsylvania Renaissance Fair as a "virtual stop" via a slight detour North? Better than an amusement park is the fair, as it has REAL archery! knights in literally shining armor!! maids, squires, noble men, queens, kings,... live chess board,... jousting on real horses! did I mention archery? ;) blacksmiths with raging forges! glass blowers! oh, and before i forget, ARCHERY!!!

and can wax mannequins serve in place of any "real" celebrities that are unable/unwilling to attend? ;)
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

6. Breanna Well-Known Member

I see our first Dev kidnap victim volunteer thank you ttobey for agreeing to come.

We did Kentucky Down Under one year. It isn't an amusement park, but it was really pretty cool. They had Kangaroos :) I think we should go with the Touring Bus, because you all remember what happened last time. We had to stop at the big box store. And Uwk would have someplace to cough up the hairballs instead of on the window like last time.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Haha No A Twenty Year celebration probably won't be repeated until EQ2 hits it in five years!
  8. Elyria Well-Known Member

how long is this "road trip"? if ya get to Wisconsin after Memorial Day, the outdoor waterparks will all be open at...Wisconsin Dells (the Waterpark Capital of the World)!:D located in south-central Wisconsin; otherwise, there are indoor ones if it's still cold:p I Love Renaissance Faires, but unfortunately, ours doesn't open up til like July i think
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea I think our Renaissance Fair is in August or maybe September. That is a lot of fun too we had a blast.
    Pixistik, Kasa, Elyria and 5 others like this.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I don't think I've ever been to Manheim. I grew up in Central PA.
    Pixistik, Kasa, Elyria and 7 others like this.
  11. Svenone Well-Known Member

I would love to go to a Ren Faire again, but it just isn't possible these days unless I procured a scooter to ride. I have been to the Bristol Ren Faire a few times (many years ago) and it was always fun and tasty (steak on a stake, anybody?)
    Pixistik, Kasa, Elyria and 6 others like this.
  12. Blazen Active Member

Reminds me of
  13. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

No way, so did I! Amish country ;) Not far from the home of the Little League world series.
    Pixistik, Kasa, Elyria and 3 others like this.
  14. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

If I were smart, I'd figure out how to map it all out in Google Street view, and something API and something something street view player... and then something else virtual something.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

OK, remembering the last trip , I would suggest we begin at Disneyland in Californian and end somewhere over in Florida ,
    Not at Disneyworld but a little father north.
    In between we could hit all &6 flag parks and Bush gardens.
    On the west coast we could hit the "Board walk " than up north around the San Francisco area we could visit " Marin world Africa USA". they got plenty of rides and animal attractions too. Lets visit our neighbors in Canada to see something a little different
    go and see the botanical park in Victoria for some break from roller coasters and other such rides .
    there is a giant mall in "Edmonton" Canada, with an amusement park and a waterpark all under the same roof, ( always wanted to go there )
    I have to think about this some more my kitty thinks she's really amusing and she want's some cuddles.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

Water park YEAAAAA and since it's virtual I can wear my bathing suite and look GREAT!!!!

This is going to be a really looonnnnnnggg road trip it looks like, so I won't be packing light this time.
    Pixistik, Kasa, Elyria and 7 others like this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Williamsport , I grew up in State College.
    Pixistik, Kasa, Elyria and 4 others like this.
  18. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Nice little town. I grew up in Jersey Shore! Obviously the only shore it's near is the crick (or creek)
  19. Kittybock Well-Known Member

If y'all make it thru Texas, you could swing by Johnson Space Center, hit Kemah Boardwalk, then cruise down I-45 to Galveston Island. En route are some super fun Texas Breweries.

Might I suggest we add ALL breweries to this tour, but here are some of our local faves:
    https://www.saintarnold.com/
    http://www.fetchinglabbrewery.com/
    https://www.galvestonislandbrewing.com/

With all that excitement, you could take a break and swing by my fave eatery and pub, aka our back patio. Good wine selection, no cover charge and the BEST margaritas in TX! ;)

Cheers!
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I can't tell you how many times I have driven by that exit wondering why it was named that ! haha
    Pixistik, Kasa, Rosyposy and 6 others like this.