New Thurgadin Player Who Just Wants To Say Hello!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by ForeverRaynning, Apr 23, 2019.

1. ForeverRaynning Member

Hello there everyone!

Started playing EQ2 maybe, two days ago now and already loving it (HOUSING!!! I LOVE HOUSING IN GAMES!! :D )

Gotta say though, I am finding myself stuck in a loop, make a character, do some low level quests.. go get the starter house in New Halas... end up deleting the character and repeat the cycle.
    I'm currently a Level 10 Paladin Barbarian... but knowing my tendencies that's subject to change
    :confused:
    . I've tried Monk, uh... Well... that may be it? I can't really recall... I just picked one of the more tanky classes' because I tend to just run into situations and get attacked from all angles and just... flail at everything - basically I have no common sense!!

I suppose one of my issues at least now with this character is the New Halas start quest things... I have done all the ones that the folks give you at the small camp before they move to the Great Shelf (is that what its called?) and no longer have any quests in my journal... I'm not used to not having a goal or direction to go in so... I went to new Halas and got my home :)rolleyes: ) and am now pondering what the elk to do!! I don't like not having something to work towards, I don't do well just being shoved in and stold - right, here's all the freedom you like, just do whatever, no one needs anything from you or anything.

I have played MMO's before, mainly FFXIV and ESO, though never really have reached any end-game content... heck, not even MID-game content in any before...Hoping I can change that, key work 'hoping'...

I enjoy RP as well as getting to know a few friendly people to talk to about the game and to ask for help with things, people who I can befriend!

Anyway, apologies for the ramble! Hope to see you all around,
    Raynn :D
    Cyrrena, Elyria and Soara2 like this.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Go to Qeynos, find the agnostics portal at level 10. Pick Stygian threshold if you have the expansion and kill kobolds straight from the zone in. If you don't have the expansion, pick Crypt of Agony and kill everything. Then go back out of the zone and re-enter to reset the zone.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

well, first off,..
    As resident Burynai, may I welcome you to the ever changing world of Norrath,...
    which is surrounded by MANY continents, dungeons beneath the ground,.. lands floating (somewhere?) in the air above,...
    oh yeah, did I mention the nearby and distant inter-planar dimensions?

nearby to the docks, you should find a sparlky sphere "world bell" which would allow you to take a "boat" to the other continents.

Also, look for HUGE quad, inward leaning spires, as they can also lead to other dimensions.

the druid rings (literal tiny Stonehenge-type ring) also allow for distant travel,...

explore,.. kick your feet,.. as you never know where you will find yourself :D
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Elyria like this.
  4. ForeverRaynning Member

Might I ask what the point of doing this is? Is this simply for levelling purposes?

World bell I know of... those big pillar things I may have accidentally stumbled into once or twice which was a bit of a shock.
    Seems theres a lot to explore!
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

The purpose of it is to level up and have a great place to get gear until level 95.
    It's easier than always trying to find quests your levels and deleting your charaters. Crypt of Agony will earn you status as well as providing your gear every 10 levels. Sell extras for cash.
    Stygian gives 900 exp per kill before bonuses. It's a very quick way to get to mid level if you have the expansion
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. ForeverRaynning Member

well... I tried CoA and died very quickly :( will persevere!
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  7. Elyria Well-Known Member

There are more quests if you progress further into the zone...you must assist those who have journeyed to the Great Shelf...west of the little camp (Gwenevyn's Cove). The have lots of stuff they need help with!:)

*lookin at the map, it really is kinda south west
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

On the paladin? How many mobs did you try to take?
    The mobs scale to your level. I am not sure why you died
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. ForeverRaynning Member

well... attempt 2 - aggro'ed one, ended up with a second then eventually a third joined in... this time I managed to kill all three - the issue is I keep running out of power and it regens very slowly so am very limited in what attacks I can use! Also I think I'm just really bad so... that's also a factor as to why I died.

Now waiting for power to come back to try and pick some more off...
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Tell you what. I will go to the library and help you. Post your name or send it to me via message. I will make a character and pl it real fast via merc
    Cyrrena, Feara and Elyria like this.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Welcome to Norrath!
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Elyria like this.
  12. ForeverRaynning Member

That sounds like a lot of work, please do not go out of your way! :eek: But regardless, my character is Noaka :)
  13. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Sent you a tell in game
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Okay I tried to group with you but it says you are ignoring me
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Can you please fix this? Left click my name on chat window and toggle the ignore
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

17. Soara2 Well-Known Member

For others that read this thread. So we found out that exp was nerfed again in crypt of Agony but not Stygian. And we went to wailing caves and it was also exp lower than outside in Antonica. Anyway I have to research now which zones are good experience for no expansion again.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Welcome to Norrath!!

When you take the raft from the New Player area across the water, do not go up the ramp and do not go towards the rocks that are bouncing around, the other way there are some tents with a ton of quests. That is where you are supposed to go from the New Player area.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.