Off topic

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Soara2, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

No longer in that situation. Currently living with relatives who have magnificent lawn growth when ever it rains.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We moved into my aunt's home because she is almost 80, she is an above the knee amputee and she has non-hodgkins lymphoma, which is what my mother died of. They gave her a five year expectancy, she is at 4 years and 3 months now, there is no way she can live alone. And residential care facilities are far to expensive for normal people to afford.

She had what I call trash grass. It was Bermuda and Centipede grass and it was hideous. Her older sister and her husband lived her for a few months while they were purchasing a new home and her sister started removing the trash grass and planting new grass. Her older sister and her husband passed 21 days apart, 2 years ago, and I was digging up the trash grass and it became a compulsion. The MS gives me weird OCD things. I cannot stand that trash grass, I see it and I have to dig it up. So all of these seeds were planted in plain dirt, but I think it is mostly dead dirt, its dust, clay, sand, its river bottom dirt. Some schmuck went down to the river bottom, filled his truck with dirt and rocks and dumped it in the yard here, after the house was built and said it was good to go. Digging out all this trash grass I have found a myriad of things. Tons of different types of glass in a multitude of colors, plastics, toys, rocks and minerals that should not be here, quartz, shale, slate, sandstone, a couple of geodes, some petrified wood, its like a treasure hunt.

These seeds are supposed to be tall Fescue (sp?), but matching the poofs and the luscious grass to pictures on the internet, there is some tall Fescue, some Kentucky Bluegrass (the dark green poofs that are thick and wide bladed), and St Augustine (the light green poofs that are thick and wide bladed). I think I will make a loopy stepping stone path through the poofs to the luscious grass. It would probably look something like a loop the loop roller coaster and people might get dizzy walking on it but you could get to the luscious grass without stepping on the poofs.

Oh well, so much for my adventures in grass growing. *runs off to find a clean coffee can to fill with dirt and take to County DoA*
    Soara2, Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  3. Rarkevan Active Member

Grow beans instead! grass is over rated. Plough it up, sprinkle bush beans and feed the neighbourhood for free.

Seriously.
    Packs of bush bean seeds are dirt cheap. And from this years crop, save a ton of seeds for next year.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

What will I do with them?
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Have you thought of concrete? No need for lawnmowers then!

Bear in mind, though, that my idea of gardening involves a chainsaw and a bottle of weedkiller.
    Pijotre, Geroblue, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Nice! LOL you and my other half would get along great. He actually widened our drive way (concrete) so he would have less grass to mow, and then put a BIGGGG shed out back again to have less grass to mow.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Bottom land dirt is great fertilizer; however, these days it could contains all kinds of chemical crud.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That is the problem with River bottom dirt, it used to be the best, now you have no idea what has been dumped in it.
    Pixistik, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

OK so I was driving to work this morning and looked in the rearview mirror, and I swear there was a gnome behind me in traffic.
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Soara2 like this.
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Lol. OMG
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Whenever I go anywhere, I find myself scanning the roadside for shinies....
    Soara2, Elyria, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have seen the Gnomes, I have seen those fairies from EL the Darkflight ones as well and I always scan for shinies and am ready to screech to a halt if needed!!!
    Rhodris, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I would say it was Gninja, but you wouldn't see his head. (above the steering wheel)
    Pijotre, Rhodris, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

O I always, always, always look for shinies and I also have had to refrain from pulling over to harvest wood and bush's along the way too. Those are the most common, I don't see a lot of roots or animal dens, or ore for some reason.
    Rhodris, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

OMG do you think Gninja is following me? Is he a stalker? I'll have to be very careful from now on.
    Rhodris, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Azrael's Tear Active Member

Fixed.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and ttobey like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

He is very stealthy Breanna, he could even be in your backseat and you probably wouldn't know unless he let you know.

Here I tend to see more ore and animal dens and shrubs, no wood or roots.
    Rhodris, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

So we should contact our local CS and have them add more to the area then right? :)
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Soara2 like this.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

So you're saying this might be Gninja causing problems for Mr. Bueller?
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It certainly could be. He just appears out of nowhere.
    Dude, Rhodris, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.