Is AB a dead server?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vashaar, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Vashaar Member

I know there us a server merge coming, but I ask in all honesty. I used to play AB exclusively when I played before and it was always full of guilds and activities. I have checked recently, and it seems that most guilds may have one recruiter or none at all online. It makes me sad as the AB crowd were such helpful people, and there was a real sense of community.
  2. Tomshindo Active Member

Many players have moved to Maj'dul server, though there are still kind and nice people in AB.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There are many on AB, most have abandoned general chat as its toxic. Most talk in guild chat or one of the specialty channels. You can find people out and about and talk to them, make friends, join a guild, and avoid the toxic general chat with almost everybody else.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My FG toons want to come hang with the cool kids on AB! I'm just waiting until we get the HHE19 done before I move.
  5. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

and I abandone, but at some of my chars it joins again. Also I don't know how to fix :confused:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  6. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

It's a shadow of it's former self.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. semisus Does not play this game

Really a server merge for AB needs to happen , also i think the game is loosing out seeing as AB was once the most populated server and they come back and see a low populated server and most wont stick around for long after that
    Pickup grps are almost non existant and doing the pq's for doctrine is really bad

Fallen gate merge is hardly gonna help , it needs to be merged with either skyfire or halls of hate
    Dude likes this.
  8. Stibbie Member

AB is desolate at times. Others like a ghost town. It reached a point where it became so difficult to get groups that many simply stopped logging in except for raid nights. The last merge really did very little if anything to help the AB population and I'm not sure a TLE server is going to add much more. What once was the most populated server now is home to on 4 raid forces and before non-raiders say it isn't all about raiding, I'm simply stating that raid forces are a good indicator of the health of a server.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Raid Forces may be a good indicator of the health of a server, I don't know, and to me, it does not matter.

I do know that AB is a roleplay server and a decorators paradise server. This is where you will find a majority of the people in roleplay venues and decorating homes for Homeshow events or just because it is what they love to do.

We took a big hit with CD. The people that were running heroics in PoP could not do that in CD, so a lot transferred or they just run solos, or group in PoP or older content. That falls on DBG, not on the players, nobody asked for the drastic change between the mechanics of PoP heroics and the mechanics of CD heroics. I read all the complaints and gripes about the CD heroics but the only changes I see being made are to make the raid mechanics easier, nothing is being done to help players be able to do the heroics easier.

DBG knows what the server populations are. They will do whatever they believe is best for the game no matter what we think or say. I personally do not want AB merged into another server, but would welcome any and all servers that DBG feels should be merged, to be merged into AB. And before anybody says you can roleplay on any server, that is true, one can roleplay on any server, but this is a Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game (MMORPG), at least one server should retain the ROLEPLAYING tag, and AB is the only one with that tag. Just because it appears that the majority of the people playing this game and a lot of the people working on this game have forgotten that it is supposed to be a ROLEPLAYING game, does not negate the fact that it is indeed tagged in the genre of roleplaying.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm on AB so that's all the population you need!
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes Ttobey is there, I see him scurrying about quite frequently.
  12. Elyria Well-Known Member

i have 8 ladies on AB, three of which are in a lovely, laid-back guild called <Grave Intent>. We recruit all the time (well, they do, as i am too shy:p). i would say as long as you find a guild you like, you're all good...and i'm not sure when exactly you checked,{ and i'll admit i've been on Test quite a lot in the past few weeks, Not AB:eek:} but it always seems to be some guild or other advertising in chat! We are not Bright, shiny Kaladim...but we are Not Dead.
  13. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

It (AB) - as the big river which small join. Oh, at me is big list of what I would like to do here. Someone whom I not bad know is so engaged with the affairs (as well as I) in the game that we just have no time to arrange something in common
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you really wanna find out where the cool kids hang out, Vashaar, I recommend either /join Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow as a chat channel from any of the other servers, or if you're already on AB, just /join Homeshow. It's one of the specialty channels Cyrrena is talking about, and it's really well populated, mostly with very cool people. Most of the conversations are about decorating and such, but not always, and depending on a question asked, can go for several different tangents, or just be a social place for folks to hang out. :)

And let's not forget that Sebilis folks were merged into AB as well, so there could be some fascinating folks hailing from Japan to chat with, too! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Vilento New Member

I don't really understand the decoraters and roleplayers arguments against a server merge. If you want to do either of those and are already served well on AB as is, how is a server merge gonna stand in your way? Just merge AB onto another server and slap the RP tag on there while you're at it. Non-roleplayers wont even notice the difference just as they aren't noticing the RPing aspect on AB at the moment.

As for current endgame content (namely heroics), either you know people that you can arrange groups with or you can't group. It is that simple on AB. I've been grouping with the same 12ish people all year long and we've been doing fine as long as we have enough on at the same time. However, if you can't arrange groups with friends/guildies, chances are you will be left trying in the LFG channel for days without success. Those that keep track of it will have noticed a few poor souls that are doing just that, being lfg consistently over hours day in day out ... but no luck cause puging is in fact dead on AB.
    Teletrium and Xianthia like this.
  16. Spat New Member

I prefer it as it is. It may be quiet, but I like the lower population as I don't group, raid, etc..
  17. semisus Does not play this game

So what exactly is so exiciting about low population?
    i simply fail to understand
  18. Vilento New Member

also i want to add: the lack of players makes it really difficult to do any pq's. after the celestial docrine resets you have like 2 days to get your updates, afterwards noone is running them anymore till the next doctrine comes up. also noone ever runs the overland pq's. so (unless you unlocked the combined mount) if you want to gear an alt or bring your main up to speed (as a returning player) you will be left with no mount at all unless you pay for collectors or premium edition. So on AB new players already start with like -60 res and -6000ish potency on top of all the other obstacles they have to overcome to catch up.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No lag, for one thing. Introvert heaven.
  20. semisus Does not play this game

You must be hiding in your house , we get just as much lag in raid zones as other servers
    Especially in contested/Air