Off topic

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Soara2, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't like shrimp either!!

But I loved Zedd's Daydream!!!
    Elyria, Soara2, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

We have a white bean chicken chili recipe that uses mild green chiles for flavor. Add some crushed tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream. It's to die for. I like spicy and I've had food that you'd almost want to wear a hazmat suit for. Heat for the sake of heat is a waste of good food. Hottest dish I ever had was a Louisiana Creole recipe using Andouille sausage and Tasso Ham. It was so damned hot, I couldn't finish it and that's saying something, haha.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  3. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

i noticed the forums changed, no more archive.. D:
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

O yum we get the Andouille sausage from our butcher shop, best sausage EVER!!!! I cut it up and make the Creole, but no ham in mine I haven't tried that.
  5. Surgeon Active Member

We have people cleaning shrimps in the business building we're renting out.
    It smells and the deal was they can only produce ice there.
    Well they're cleaning shrimps and we'll have to cancel their contract.
    Do you know how fish smells, in the summer?
    And the whole building stinks of fish.
    And the neighbours are annoyed by the smell.
    Problems, only problems with people.
    Renting out real estate is always risky.
    I heard stories and we had our share of bad luck with people.
    Anyhow... back to food I think
    I don't like fish or avocados. Well most fish. Mackerels are awesome. Salmon, bleh. Or anchovis bleh.
    Or how can you eat .. not octopus but calamari. It smells delicous but the thought is revolting.
    And about saussage Germans make the best. They're masters of cold meat. While Americans are really great with hot meat.
    Eastern European countries have no clue about saussages.
    Been to Prague, they have really disgusting saussages.
    Large pieces of fat, chunks, mixed with red meat. Pretty disgusting.
    Anchovis are great on a pizza though, mixed with olives and artichokes. mmmm artichokes
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I can't eat fish or seafood of any sort, so no worries for me about whether to shrimp or not shrimp (no throwing a shrimp on the barbie here!).
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I happen to like shrimp, but it has to be de-veined and no shell. Yeah, but last time I tried I cut myself on the shell. And the salt stings. Don't like avacados nor spicy food, nor hot spices.

I used to be able to eat 2 jalapenos at a meal. Not anymore.

An off topic forum would be nice. The one on the EQ forums was done away with. I think it had too many off topic posts, but I could be wrong.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

Off topic: I need a dishwasher, I hate doing dishes! :eek:
    Pixistik, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

So do I. I'm living in rental accommodation at the moment, so bought a small, stand-alone dishwasher - it sits on top of my washing machine in the laundry (next to the kitchen). Best thing I have ever bought!
    Pixistik, Soara2, Prox and 2 others like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Me too!!
    Breanna, Pixistik and Soara2 like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

WARNING!!! OFF TOPIC

I am trying to grow grass. Weirdest thing I have ever seen.

Three 10 pound bags exactly the same, planted the first one exactly like the directions said, got about 12 blades of grass.

Second bag, I decided I would use my decorators mind and plant it in a pattern, I have like these little poofs of this thick wide bladed grass that is dark in color and not at all soft to walk on there are about 20 of these poofs and each one is about 4 inches in diameter.

Third bag I made an L shaped swath, this came up a thin bladed light green and its very soft and luscious. Its full and covers the entire swath which is about 8 feet long and about 3 feet wide until you get to the foot of the L which is 6 feet wide.

I do not think I will try grass again. Because now I have a swath of perfect luscious grass you would want to walk on or lay in but to get to it you have to walk across or around these poofs!!
    Pixistik, Soara2, Siren and 2 others like this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL yea we tried planting grass too and ended up with a bunch of weeds.
    Cyrrena, Pixistik and Soara2 like this.
  13. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Your best bet for grass is first, use a broadcast spreader and put down a mix of weed-and-feed (on a damp lawn!) and grass seed of the breed you're trying to grow.

You can supplement that with plugs from cut sod, but as you noted, you have a pattern of little grassy tufts. However, these will anchor the grass seed as it grows.

A lot of times the problem is that your soil needs remediation. Take a good sample of the soil to your local county agricultural extension agent, pay a small fee to have it analyzed. They'll tell you what to do with it. If you have all sand (as I do) this involves plowing in a bunch of composted manure. If your soil is too clayey and/or has poor drainage, you plow in sand. If the soil pH is off, you plow in lime or sulfur depending ( the ag extension will tell you what). For a normal sized yard, you can rent a rototiller to help you. My yard is 3 acres of sandy soil in South Texas, so we add organic material as we can, and keep putting down hardy drought-resistant grass seed. I have tried plugging, and it was a sad, sad attempt and back-breaking besides.

I'm thinking about getting the tractor and actually plowing up the whole yard, and then disking in about four dumptrucks full of composted manure. I wish I could get that woven straw mat impregnated with grass seed like the highway department uses.

For an absolutely beautimous lawn, you do what the rich folks do and have a landscaping company come out and remove the existing sod and top inch of soil, remediate the soil if needed, add a new inch of great quality soil then roll out an entire lawn of sod that covers all the dirt.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Growing things... many housing developments/apartments in the US are locations where the builder removed the top soil. It leaves just the clay underneath. Not much will grow on that, except the 'lawn' the developer puts there. I'm not sure what that is, but not much else grows under those conditions.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's where you get into soil remediation. If it's clay, then you need to plow in sand and probably organic material. The county agricultural extension can advise you.
  18. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Me too!... but there's just so many 5 gallon buckets and tubing a person can deal with in one day though. Then there's all the lights and whatnot.. I just gave up.

...and shrimp are the cockroaches of the ocean.. lil cholesterol filled sea insects of doom, but they're sure tasty on a bed of fresh pasta with some butter an garlic..
    Cyrrena, Pixistik, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  19. Raff Well-Known Member

Gotta keep it simple. Split the avocado in half, remove the seed. Salt & pepper both sides of the avocado, add some extra virgin olive oil to each depression & some red wine vinegar.

Eat / scoop with a spoon. Each bite bathes itself in the olive oil & vinegar.

Fine eatin' :)
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Sigrdrifa like this.
  20. Raff Well-Known Member

Channelin' Salvador Dali again, I see.
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Rhodris and 3 others like this.