Boooooooooooring tune it come on.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fistpower, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Bekkr Well-Known Member

This post is bad and wrong.

Many people don't have a level 50 yet. I don't. I've met several others who also do not.

And before you have an aneurysm of nerd rage yelling about how everyone should have been 50 in 10 minutes even playing casually, some people, and I really can't stress this enough, don't care about getting to max level quickly. Imagine clap emojis between each word of that last part.

Contrary to what you seem to believe, EQ2 TLEs are not, in fact, serious business. It's a game, and there are lots of us just having fun playing it, not worrying about if we're winning it or not.
  2. Spelzguk New Member

Are people trying to make up for not being the first ones maxed and in best gear back in 2004? People taking this recycled content way too serious. Stop the rush and just enjoy the ride.
    Breanna, Bekkr and Dude like this.
  3. Ghorast Active Member

Those 15 second fights just aren't very enjoyable, just up the hp by 300% so we can at least pretend to raid damn it.
    Adoninilol likes this.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Oh come on, who doesn't like x4 raid mobs dying in 15 seconds? Just makes that 4 second cast on Ice Comet so much more engaging game play! /s
    Atan likes this.
  5. Gloiste New Member

6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

ITT: Casuals complain about people leveling too fast and asking for fixes, input their own play style as a counter to fixing content they don't play.
    Atan and Zenji like this.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Probably not because back in 2004 even if you rushed it took time to actually level, unlike now.

If you can hit 50 on this server in under a day in a 8-12 hour play session I have no doubts that anyone who players casually could be 50 by now.

I have played maybe a 1/4 of the month since the two TLE's came out and I could of been 50 2-3 times over by now just questing up.
  8. Bekkr Well-Known Member

I was speaking specifically to the length between content unlocks, and only that. That seems to be the main issue here, as itemization always gets complained about constantly anyway.

Get itemization fixed, sure, I'm all for it. Fix raids while you're at it.

But if the release schedule was sped up, it would negatively impact many people's enjoyment. Full stop. Your understanding of that fact is the only thing I'm advocating for here.

ITT: Comically impatient Serious Gamers™ petulantly demand unnecessary speed changes to a server that many are enjoying and wasn't designed for them, all while belittling the ones having fun for said enjoyment.
    FTFY
    Grayven likes this.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

You're trying to project your "communities" opinion on a four month schedule that you're only a month into. Like I said, when we hit month three; come into this thread and try to hold the same opinion on the long schedule.

Your fix is comical at best, no one here is a "hardcore gamer" they all raid 2-3 nights a week and would like some enjoyment to the content they play. T5 is the ONLY artificially long expansion because of the level up time. Every other one is much faster to level/go through the content because of the scale of it.
  10. Ting New Member

It would also positively impact other people's enjoyment as well. So you have 2 sets of facts that both negatively impact people's enjoyment.

Now, if only we had some sort democratic process by which a majority of the player base could decide on a time frame that would negatively impact the least amount of players on the server...
  11. Elskidorr Active Member

Doesn't matter. Nothing will change except maybe some itemization sprinkled here or there. Be great if unlocks were reconsidered but there hasn't been a shred of dev response so it's likely not on the radar.
  12. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't disagree with that. The statement you quoted was kind of a continuation of an ongoing discussion, so some context was lost.

I actually wouldn't personally mind if the expacs were sped up a little bit. I think they're ok where they are, but it wouldn't upset me too much if they were a tad shorter either.

What I disagree with is the attitude that anyone who doesn't want them sped up is objectively wrong or stupid for holding that view, or that you're somehow enjoying EQ2 wrong if you aren't level 50 by now, which has been the implication quite a bit in here.
    Dude likes this.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

I agree that insulting a person because they prefer a slower release cycle is wrong, and no they are not enjoying EQ2 the wrong way. Everyone is entitled to enjoy the game (with in reason) in what ever way works for them.

I think much of the argument over slower expansion cycles stems from the people that have done these TLE's; have personally witnessed the drastic decline in population as Vanilla and DoF seam to lack a lot of what keep players engaged in the server.

Where as KoS - RoK seem to retain the population better throughout the course of the expansion. So it is less about wanting a faster pace, and more about wanting to get to the content that retains a player base. When a server is hemorrhaging numbers, that is bad for all types of players.

I know there is more to population loss than just what the available content is, class balance, XP rates, itemization, raid tuning, pay 2 win mechanics all lead to a decline in players. However, I would be confident in saying that dragging out Shattered Lands and DoF, is hands down the leading cause of players loss through the first 6-8 months of the servers life.