Cheating

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Drew575, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Surgeon Active Member

"Told you so"
  2. Satyr Well-Known Member

The irony of this entire thread is that Nagafen is the cleanest server in the game. People are getting away with limited crafting automation but there isn't a single bot group on the server. Period. Those guys were banned on day 1, but I'm confident in saying that no groups have been rolled up subsequently given that there's been very little price inflation in Krono. So enjoy live Sigrdrifa, where you can get banned for interfering with bot groups farming in open world and contested zones.

There were two people speed hacking (the same guys that did it on Deathtoll) and they are now banned. There were about four people farming alts for bounty tokens, they should have been banned (see below), but really the item shouldn't have been in the game in the first place, I feedbacked it to the developers at launch because it incentivised alt-farming. You don't blame players for poor design.

The only other issues are in-game bugs (cycling lich, screen dragging, equipment set switching etc) and those have been around since forever and only the lich bug could be fixed easily, so I get why more hasn't been done. Siren, you're well off base and have no real understanding of what's going on.
    Redlight likes this.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's a shame that Daybreak only had *checks notes* 4 or 5 previous attempts at launching a PvP TLE server to get the sploits shaken out.
    Ajjantis, Rhodris, Gillymann and 2 others like this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Actually, Deathtoll was the one and only previous PvP TL.

New Nagafen is an event server (although I'd greatly prefer Deathtoll II. permanency with Factional PvP and Exiles instead).

However, yeah, even with 1 previous PvP TL attempt and the original Nagafen, they've had 2 total previous server experiences to draw on to prevent exploiters. It's an ongoing "better mousetrap/better mouse" scenario in every PvP game, though, to be honest.
  5. Satyr Well-Known Member

To reiterate, Nagafen is the only truebox server in EQ2 and that should be celebrated. While there are minor issues, apart from Dreww the players commenting in this thread do not play on the server and have no idea what's going on.

My personal opinion on the census issue is that census data should be restricted on this server, but it existed on Deathtoll and it wasn't an issue then. Other minor issues like screendragging are engine related, but DBG could fix lich and disable equipment sets. On balance though, the latter bugs aren't used by many players for an advantage (except for screen dragging, which again can't be fixed).

This is just another example of casual PVE players, who in this game have been intolerant of almost ANY alterantive way of playing this game, hating the fact that a small amount of development time has been shifted off their servers.
  6. ALiav New Member

Census is pretty close to the bottom of the list of things wrong with this server.

It's easy to jump on it as a major issue when 1% of the players on the server perceive that it was used against them in some way.

Should census data be disabled for Nagafen? Probably, but I'd hardly call it a priority.
    Siren likes this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

I should have left "PvP" out as really, leveling XP and leveling rate has been an issue on all servers and after all level cap raises without exception. The devs were positively steaming mad about The Hole after Sentinel's Fate came out. They made like 5 or 6 tuning passes on it until that zone became the worst XP in the entire game. I find it fascinating that the super sekret technique this time around was exploration XP.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, no, the schadenfreude is watching how people savage one another about PVP in the forums. If you want PVP to continue to be A Thing, everybody needs to develop some good sportsmanship and pull together as a community, even if you're slaughtering one another daily.
    mercenery and Breanna like this.
  9. ALiav New Member

I like how the most vocal people about pvp servers don't even play them.

You know next to nothing about this server, what issues it has, and how to resolve them.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

There is no lack of PvP "experts". The state of Nagafen the last time it was shut down can be directly attributed to a vocal minority of PvP players who got their wishlist of changes into the game, used those changes to dominate the server until they got bored, and then quit.
    Gillymann likes this.
  11. Restrained New Member

WE ONLY HAVE 4 WEEKS per xpac, why would you want to spends 3 of those weeks grinding instead of pvping at end game???? If you just like to “actually playing the game” then go play on Kaladim and grind it out..... Nobody wants to grind their face off and then get all their work deleted at the end of the season. You have to either make it persistent somehow or make it easier or nobody will put the time in.

12. Siren Well-Known Member

Kander originally said over Discord during beta that he was open to making the time between expansions longer if need be. Of course, he hadn't counted on disco XP exploiters SC potting their way to 50 in 2 hours flat. Don't even try to make excuses for that; exploiters have ruined online games, and every iteration of open PvP in EQ2, for many years now. How pitiful.

At least this exploit, that Daybreak re-enabled so they could sell more XP pots, will supposedly be eliminated for good come DoF. All honest players can hope is that in future seasons of Nagafen, Daybreak bans exploiters right away instead of trying to cash in on it themselves.
    mercenery and Breanna like this.
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Wouldn't enabling this "exploit" as you enjoy calling it, mean that they actually make less money on xp pots as you can go 1-50 in like what, an hour?
    Gillymann likes this.
  14. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Siren, please, Please, PLEASE stop nagging the forums about the "disco exploit".

This event was meant to be played at end game. The only cheating offenses that have occured are against the cash shop.

If you want to **** about kill/token/krono farming, and DBG's seeming unconcern with it, yeah, that's legitimate.

However, everytime you throw Kander's "disco is a cheat by the players" argument out there, you lose credibility.

You clearly feel cheated by the design - the disco thing is just a straw man you're using to nag the devs into designing what you want (TLE).

Not gonna happen, so please stop.