The Anchorage NPCs leveling

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mermut, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Wasn't there supposed to be something gained for leveling the NPCs in the Anchorage?
    All of the quest NPCs on Maj'dul are level II and there is no change in them, their assistants or the anchorage.
    No new items on the merchants, no banker/broker... nothing that I've been able to see or find.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

HA HA I was also wondering about that Level 1 then Level 2 but everything stayed the same. I thought maybe new stuff on the vendor guy, but I guess all you get is research assistant level 2 or whatever the bling says.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow chat, someone said that Niami was told by Gninja that there would be changes when they'd researched 7 items or some such. But that's a lot of links back to the authoritative data.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Gninja is probably stealthing this thread right now.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ugh.. I hope they didn't do the 'every other level does absolutely nothing' thing :(
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Kitty Ninja like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm on Maj'dul and I've had people say they're already on Level IV, so it may not be the researcher assistant's level as much as a "meter of individual participation." Not sure what rewards they're seeing, if any at this point.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

there's two things levelling here, and people aren't distinguishing between them well.

First, the researchers in the Anchorage are leveling as ew complete missions for them. As THEY become higher level, then maybe good things happen?

Secondly, there are Achievements that individuals earn for completing X number of Anchorage Missions:
    • Researcher's Helper I (25 missions)
    • Researcher's Helper II (100 missions)
    • Researcher's Helper III (250 missions)
    • Researcher's Helper IV (1,000 missions)
    • Researcher's Helper V (5,000 missions)
    I don't know that the achievements grant anything besides ego boo.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the NPC level.. and you get extra tokens at each personal achievement level
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yeah, one of my toons hit L2 this am, and got the achievement and 25 tokens iirc. Also, is it my imagination or are those dragons wandering around getting bigger as we progress through levels?
    Xianthia, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

O Wow now that you mention it, they do appear to be bigger than when we first started LOL.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Xianthia like this.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The researchers are *supposed* to gain Rank II once they have researched 1/3 of their recipes. (Which would be 7 recipes per researcher). Then Rank III once they have researched 2/3 (at 14 recipes completed per researcher), then Rank IV once they are fully completed. At each of those target points, more things unlock on the vendors, and the Anchorage itself gets omse improvements.

However, the ranking wasn't something we could test in beta due to time constraints, the beta build breaking (twice) and other fun things, and the researchers may be displaying a rank they haven't earned. When we saw the Test server researchers suddenly display Rank II the other day, when we won't finish our third recipe unlock on each of them for a couple more hours, I let Gninja know, and he thought that it might be a cosmetic thing due to Test at the time having an older build than was live. He was going to look into it. If the researchers on live servers are showing Rank II (or more) before they've finished 7 recipes, then he's going to have to look into it some more, I'd guess.

Which server(s) have researchers with Rank II below their names before that individual researcher has finished researching recipes?

(I'll ping him on Discord after I wake, if he hasn't seen this by then. My laptop, which handles Discord, etc., is already shut down for the night, though, and given how late it is now, I may sleep through most of the morning.)
    Cyrrena, Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

They're showing as Rank II on Maj'dul with 3 recipes researched.
    Cyrrena, Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I will run over and check AB.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Gninja Developer

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on it. They should not be rank 2 yet. But they are showing rank 2 regardless. I have been poking around with it locally, cleaning the scripts up a bit more and stream lining it a bit more to make it all more simple. So, we will see how it looks tomorrow after the update. It looks fairly good on my end. It may just be that we will have to forgo the whole ranking up part of things and keep the researching part simple. Baby steps for this overly ambitious gnome :p
    kingmob23, Quillyne, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Are they, maybe, using the total recipes between all 4 to count rank rather than individual recipes?
  16. Gninja Developer

No, its just a lot of script. I probably should have kept it simple until the basics were working first :)
    Cyrrena, Mermut and Breanna like this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

I do appreciate trying to give us players feedback on the progress we're making :)
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I just checked on AB, all 4 are showing rank 2 regardless of the fact that all 3 have only researched 3 recipes.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Maybe as they level up - the anchorage folks to have some more friends living there with 'em... someone to talk to.. more interior lighting.. a couch.. fridge.. plasma tv, etc.

As for the broker / banker / mender - just toss those in there now, and chalk that up to QoL for both us.. and our hoodwinked brethren tradeskill NPC's.

#freeanchorage!
    Cyrrena, Xianthia, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  20. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

[IMG]

You: I am looking for someone with just your excitement for all things tinkering.
    Jurie: You really know how to speak to a lady don't ya?
    You: No, I just know talent when I see it.

Jurie after relocating:

You: Hail Jurie, aint you done yet?
    Jurie: Go get me this stuff.
    You: Pff, what do I get in return?
    Jurie: [box] "you think there might be a reward inside"
    You: ....well played Jurie, well played.