A kind request to the dev team

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Jovie, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Jovie Well-Known Member

Please restore the quests that were in the suburbs at eq2 launch. All of them.
    Why do something half way? You already worked a wonder by bringing the suburbs back, but being very honest, they are boring and mostly useless without all of the activity that they inspired at launch.

Heck, i would even be so bold as to ask for you to go back and add back in the quest lines that people went from fighter to guardian or monk or whatever. (optional i suppose for those who don't want it)

Please. Please. Please. And thank you.
    Mercychalice, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Don't forget sub-combines!!! *grins at Breanna*
    ConcealFate and Breanna like this.
  3. Jovie Well-Known Member

You mean tradeskill subcombines? If i had to take it to get the neighborhood quests back, i would gladly say yes!
    (for the record, subcombines are the spawn of hell)
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

Just a general FYI, some of the old neighborhood quests got moved out into the main city zones. I know there are some from Baubleshire that got moved. Quite a few are just completely gone though =(.

I'd love to see them back as well.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Sub-combines FTW LOL :p
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  6. Chrol Developer

All of the quests and their associated NPCs from the hoods/villages that are still available were moved to The City of Freeport, Qeynos Capitol District and Qeynos Province District. That's a lot of files. Reversing this is easier said than done.
  7. Jovie Well-Known Member

I imagine restoring the isle of refuge wasn't easy nor restoring the suburbs. Yes, it is work, and it is worth it.
    Anything good is worth it.

and to show my good intentions, i am willing to donate 1 grand towards the dbg overtime fee to get this rolling.
    totally serious.
    Febrith and Cyrrena like this.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Actually, I read somewhere that Gninja figured out the whole island problem pretty fast once he was allowed to mess with it.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Jovie Well-Known Member

While he did good, the isle is missing quite a bit from the original.

So i finally went about looking for the quest people moved out of the suburbs, and quite frankly they are hard to find.
    I am just sick of starting in new halas/gfay/neriak/gorowyn.
    I could care less about quest itemization, just wish the neighborhood quests were all put back in.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I wonder if DBG would allow us to do a Kickstarter to raise funds to pay for the full restoration of the Isle of Refuge, The Suburbs, The Sub-Combines, Lesser Faydark, and New Tunaria?

Lesser Faydark makes me sad, most of the quests are gone. The Brownies and the Satyrs have had all their questlines removed so they have no purposed other than to be slaughtered for lore and legend. I miss those quests. And Lesser Faydark is such a gorgeous zone. So much work and love was put into it originally, to have it stripped to a mere shadow of its former glory is a travesty.

New Tunaria is almost the same. Most of the quests are gone. It does not make sense for someone going in there now as they are not getting the full storyline, the full picture of the reason for the existance of New Tunaria. It too is a shadow of its former glory.

I still go to both of these places for hours and look around and remember how they used to be and wish for them to be that way again.
    Febrith, Rhodris, Jovie and 1 other person like this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

I would contribute some money if they would put stuff back the way it was/is supposed to be.
    Cyrrena and Jovie like this.
  12. Jovie Well-Known Member

I had no idea about those zones being stripped of quests. Why? For what purpose? I can't imagine that when Kunark goes live for the TLP that this would be too fun?

The history of this game reminds me a lot of where i work in real life. Things get changed for the sake of change. In other words, they fix what isn't broken.

Qeynos and freeport were destroyed for what? combined zones? Who cares. I would rather zone a hundred times in a game if it meant that working content was still there.

I think i remember some excuse about they wanted to streamline new players/characters into new halas and neriak because they wanted all the players to be there (they know that newbies rarely group), but it was just a refusal to redo the quest lines for the original new player zones.

Hell, they even let the voiceover contracts expire on likme 90 percent of the original areas. I feel badly for people today who weren't around for the voices when the game first launched. It was ground breaking for an mmo to have so much vocal flavor.

I may sound like a spoiled brat who is just ranting, but i do so because i love the game. I love eq1 as well. I've let ESO gather dust because even with its flaws, i love the eq's that much.

While i am ranting so much, i will give the development team much credit.

When the game was launched and for many many years after, the graphics engine was horribly optimized to the point that you could have the best pc on the market and still stutter and suffer muchly with everything full tilt.

Now, the game runs very smooth and beautiful, and it barely makes my pc huff and puff :)

So dear and wonderful devs and the bean counters over them, please, bring back some of that magic that was taken away from us.

Please.
    Febrith, Dude, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Its to bad that we cannot smack SOE upside the head for allowing the voiceover contracts to expire.

*attempts to fwaaap SOE upside the head*
    Febrith, Dude, Jovie and 3 others like this.
  14. Jovie Well-Known Member

My favorite was the random female kerran ones where they would go on and on about their "tom".
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

DBG gets blamed for a lot of things that happened under SOEs watch. People need to look at the dates of when something occurred and lay the blame where it belongs. This statement is in no way directed at anybody speaking in this thread, it is just a general statement as I see people blaming DBG for things that occurred in 2009 and SOE owned EQ2 in 2009 and similar things to that.
    Breanna likes this.