Boooooooooooring tune it come on.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fistpower, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Fistpower Well-Known Member

16 weeks of this bland generic tank and spank?

Bland items, treasured sometimes 5 times better than fabled. No raid encounter takes more than 3 minutes to kill. One instance worth running at level 50 that drops almost identically items to raid items. Multiple raiding guilds already seeing massive dips in people who shows up on raid nights. Detriments do almost nothing. You can clear the game using apprentice spells and slap on 13 primary stat items from random mob number 51.

Are you "casuals" hitting 50 and realising just how awful the server currently is or are u stil level 30ish and in lalaland white knighting hardcore?

Surely 9 out of 10 people who has a level 50 char realise just how incredible boring the game is currently. I honestly and from the very depth of my heart cannot understand how any player is okay with the state of level 50 content on this server and that hardly anyone is speaking up.
  2. Frid Member

They would need to give us at least one more group option (Cough.. Nektropos 2 Itemisation) and then they would have to tune up the raid encounters and loot. Yeah... I cant wait for DoF
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

Stat wise they can’t really make fabled better than treasured from icy dig.
    U can already be op with treasured 50 gear.

But fabled weapon ratings should be better than treasured and mitigation from fabled armor better than treasured armor.

And also yeah another lvl 50 instance would be cool
  4. Bekkr Well-Known Member

You wouldn't think it would need to be said but: if you're that bored, no one is forcing you to play. Sounds like maybe you should find something else to do for a few weeks.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

DoF won't be any better. You have poet's palace to run, and then you kinda just run around in circles after finishing pris 2 in a few hours. Ring of Fate I suppose if it's itemized properly.
  6. Harmonized Member

Let's see if we can get to 50 in one day.. DONE!! Now let's complain about being bored for the next 3 months and 29 days... DONE!! It took me over a week to get to 50, and just recently got all my level 50 gear. My first raid will be this weekend. I'm in no rush to get maxed out, or be the first to clear the whole content. Slow down. Relax. Enjoy the game. We all knew it was going to be 4 month between each expansion, but yet everyone was trying to max out in the first 6 hours.. smdh!
    Jaden, Dezz u, Sixgauge and 3 others like this.
  7. tbmroark Member

I have a few alts, my highest character is level 37. I'm taking my time with content/HQs/playing the broker/crafting/harvesting. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'll say that you're delusional if you think it's only lower level players who are in lalaland white-knighting the content tune. Content across all tiers is boring and easy. I play a tank because playing my dps classes is a snooze-fest when I get tank after tank who pulls just one or two heroics at a time in FG, RoV, RE, etc. etc, so I have to make it fun by pulling literally everything I can in sight to put any stress on my mid-30s healers who are in mostly level 1 and 10 gear. That's not hyperbole. I've had multiple healers in RoV/RE that were in mostly level 10 gear with quite a few pieces that were level 1 still.

Content across all difficulties needs to be adjusted. Make it more difficult, please. It'd be amazing if people were forced to actually get semi-geared for content, and have it so dungeon drops were actually better than treasured stuff. Also, having dungeon drops be itemized in a way where it was exciting to get them... damn that'd be amazing.
    Sixgauge and Bekkr like this.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

I wish it wasn't 4 months either, but we knew it going in it would be a long 4 months.

Yes the raid content being ridiculously undertuned speeds up the potential for burnout. Kander has already said more than once that the raid content is not being adjusted. So no point in fighting that battle.

Redoing itemization would be nice, it would at least give us something to farm, but unlikely to happen.

Your best bet is to do your best to keep active but not over play. Do your best to keep the guild having fun, we are coming up with some clever shenanigans to spice things up.

Just try to reduce the attrition as much as possible and hope for a successful Beta 3 months from now DoF :)
    Adoninilol and Dude like this.
  9. Fistpower Well-Known Member

If u arent 50 by now on one char u are either the slowest gamer in the universe, you jump characters constantly or you play 30 minutes a day.

There is absolutely no reason it should take you three weeks to hit 50 on this server with how fast XP is. Even while doing all the quests.
  10. Surgeon Active Member

Well I wonder when Tombs of Night will unlock.
    And then Splitpaw.
    Are there any dates?

Personally I don't feel bored. There's still collections to complete and then there are alts to tradeskill up. At least the main alts and having a tradeskill base so one doesn't have to spend absurd amounts of money on consumables.

Itemization can't remain like this, it's a complete unfinshed mess. a work in progress totaly FUBAR.
    Idk how they're not ashamed to release something like that. I'd be red with shame. Unbelievable.
  11. Byron Member

The situation is just laughable. Half the end game dungeons drop level 40 gear. Angler, Echoes, Shattered, Commune, Deserted Mine. Lifting the level of that gear is a 20 minute job. It doesnt fix any of the fundamental problems but at least it creates something to do. Just boggles the mind how little love these servers get.
  12. Tominator Member

Meh. Honestly I've never been interested in mmo end-game progression. I have four toons from 5-32, each TS 40+. I enjoy the lower level content, for me it's the nostalgia that gets me excited, not the end game grind. I want to do all of the dungeons & HQ's I remember on each character. I want to craft my own gear, and sell it on the broker. That's how I like to play.

I agree the content I've seen so far is relatively easy, but I'm still having a blast. I hope they hear your concerns and make some tweaks to make the content you enjoy more...enjoyable :)
    Jaden, Bekkr, Sigrdrifa and 1 other person like this.
  13. Atan Well-Known Member

Kander thinks delivering end game raids that are so easy they can be done by a single group is the right challenge level to keep the game interesting. He thinks we'll enjoy having little to do for 3 months as well, since even casual play, you will best in slot at level 50 very quickly.

To the OP, you're only highlighting why all the vets that have been on previous TLE's have been saying 4 months for vanila and DoF was a terrible idea. 2 months each for them was more than enough. This is the reason I didn't move / form a raid guild on Kaladim, as it will be impossible to keep people interested in raiding that content for the duration of the expansions as planned.

Kaladim only works for the ultra casual population that will do very limited raiding and will assume because something is labeled fabled its better than treasured.
    Adoninilol and Zenji like this.
  14. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I'm going to let you in on a little secret... a lot of ppl don't play eq2 every day.
    Jaden, Rarkevan, Grayven and 4 others like this.
  15. Tominator Member

Everyone thinks they know what's best for the game! But think about it - DB's dev team is probably pretty small, and I imagine EQ2 isn't the only title they support. The company will put their limited resources where there's the greatest potential for returns (money).

I'd speculate their big money, from EQ2 TLE, is from the cash market, not subscription fees. With that in mind, what incentive is there to cater to end game raiders who aren't going to drop cash on the market? I expect they'd rather focus on casuals who buy pets, appearance items, housing, xp pots, etc.
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

I'm going to let you in on a little secret... you didn't need to play every day to be 50 by now on this server.
    Adoninilol likes this.
  17. Bekkr Well-Known Member

This attitude is just... I don't even know where to start.
    Rarkevan, Pestilus, Grayven and 2 others like this.
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

u don't play TLE for challenge. U don't even play EQ2 for challenge anymore. rushing through content isn't the way to do it but people can't help it, they want to be max lvl ASAP knowing there's not much to do anyhow.
    The way to play it is more to rediscover the game and old zones and some timelines.

First time I did the whole zek timeline ever (was always going to EL previously). Also I try to do more HQ .. even if they are useless to my class, just fun to do them. raid slowly. It won't make my life better to rush prismatic after the first week.
    I rushed through live game, because usually there's more challenge and discovery .. real new content, and discos and finding first the strats and so on. But on shattered lands, it's just no use.

after that people wait for new content, rush it and complain again. But if rushing is what people like, maybe nagafen was better suited to them, because it's only 1 month of shattered lands, and then DoF.

or u just play less for a while, maybe play 2 months and come back for DoF .. play 2 months and come back for kos. It's not a farm game, you're not obliged to loot all shinies and u don't feel behind because u haven't played for a week, which is good, it can give us more things outside of game to do. MMOs are not always .. play non stop
    Jaden, Rarkevan, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It's quite amusing to see people in this thread attack OP's request for content catered to him, then go on about how their way of playing the game is better.

It's not a secret that it's incredibly easy to level to max level on this server. Even only playing a few hours a day, a few times a week even; you can hit fifty pretty fast.

This server seems to be catered to the ultra casual "tradeskillers, housemakers, questers" yet nothing offers any rewards to back up these casual ideas. Tradeskillers are useless in a lot of trades, if you're not making spells, or botting arrows. Not much value there. Housing is pretty useless on this server as you can't /house from anywhere, and you lack all the house items that a live server has to offer.

Harry, if you want hard content. Wait until the game actually develops to more than a turn/burn. I've posted about this in another thread but here's another reminder: it's impossible to balance t5 to have any difficulty without it turning into a stack three tank groups cycling threat/guardian sphere. There aren't aoes that hit hard, there isn't adds that you need to time specific high damage attacks with, scripts period, tank rotations etc.

Everyone telling him to just stop playing for a few months really just doesn't work if you want to raid. If you leave your raiding guild because you're bored. What happens? Well, the guild will die, and or you will be replaced. Lose all your dkp, and be behind on the next expansion. So that really isn't an option. I guess I just log into game to raid then? Jump around freeport? Repeat questlines that offer zero rewards; no.

Finally this thread is clearly posted to ask for harder content. Seeing as how majority flaming him are clearly not level fifty, or care about raiding (from what I can tell) I see no reason why you are telling him how to play. If he wants harder content that you have no intention of seeing until all the guilds are already killing it/it's nerfed; don't post in a thread about hard content, when you aren't even there to experience how easy it is.

Everyone on this server has played the game before, for the most part. They play on this server to experience what they think is worth their time, wether it's doing a questline for nostalgia, raiding, tradeskilling etc. If you want to just run around and experience a questline that is kill/run back for hours on end, get no rewards, just for nostalgia. Go for it, but don't imply that content you're not experiencing/haven't played on this server doesn't need updating. It's no secret that T5 has next to no endgame content, broken itemization, and is generally unplayable once you do the same instance 3-4 times for the upgrades.

Edit: I have like four days(?) play time on Nagafen right now, this includes standing around time in Freeport AFK. Running in circles, and hunting for pvp. I could of hit level 50 in under 8 hours not doing disco xp. This leaves a few hours to do HQ's, run Icy Digg a few times. Then get speak as a dragon in an hour or two. Fun times. Really tough amount of hours to play in a few weeks, honestly. I hit level 22 on a Warlock just running around getting disco, I probably could of sold a few kronos and hit 35-40 with collections if I really cared to level on this server, instead I just log into someone else's when I feel the itch to run icy digg on a pve server.

We asked for harder content on Fallen Gate, and every time it came without actual testing, feedback requested or numbers to back it up. You're either gonna turn into a situation of having to sit there and beat on Darathar for 1 1/2 hours where it kills your tanks over 90 times, or kill it with one group. I'd prefer the one group, even as someone who enjoys harder content~
    Zenji likes this.
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Clever shenanigans under four weeks of server being out. Here is to three more friend, hope your guild makes it to KoS at this rate~