Conjs and Necros

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lorilie, Mar 22, 2019.

1. kitleez Member

On encounter mobs, root main mob, have pet tank and kill the adds, then focus on main mob, re root and summon a new pet when your current pet dies. Takes maybe 30 sec for a necro to kill a triple up of corrent or higher level. Could be faster depending on gear.

I was in RoV rolling a lowie and there were 4 instances filled with necros with names like oaiaosiaosioli. The wave is coming.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

Doesn't surprise me, just like the necro that had Crana on lockdown for about 40 hours this weekend.
  3. MazeEQ New Member

Crana wasn't on lockdown this weekend by far.

We killed Crana maybe 12-15 times this weekend alone, Necro+Inq
  4. kitleez Member

when a necro or conj can solo anything heroic it its not suprising how on lockdown mobs are.
  5. Lorilie Member

looks like its time to level up the summoner! groups lookout, your names r mine!
    Toxify likes this.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Only issue i foresee i that we will have to ask politely to Mister Necro to let us kill the Obelix named for the two access quests ;-)
  7. Fistpower Well-Known Member

The only issue is, if they touch summoners now we all know they wont touch them again because of a lack of ressources. So when T6/T7 and beyond and AAs gets unlocked summoners will eventually be out parsed by utility classes like conj was on FG.

I really hope thats not a situation people want on this server too. I think a decent middle ground is that we let summoners be kinda OP for T5/T6 to not completely destroy them in the long run on this server.
  8. Lorilie Member

They can always change things back later, the fact is they are extremely overpowered right now and one can kill the same mobs it takes another group to kill, which should never happen. Trying to get obelisk access is hard when there is a necro at every soul mob and every room down below. Or when you see some guy botting 4 necros killing the x2 but hey all is good look the other way.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    This is what summoners became on FG from KoS-DoV. In the first two tiers they were comparable. But once Primary stat reached a point where the pet wasn't getting insane amounts competitively, and things like Ice Lash AA's, and the duration AA/reuse started to come into play they fell insanely behind. Summoner's have weak AA's. Every tier going forward they won't be as strong as they are now, they will always be good at soloing. My wizard could solo every instance in EoF with just ice lash and ranging it down. I could not only solo faster, but not have to waste time using tainted heals.

I won every zonewide by 40-50% over our necro, the only parse I lost in the entire expansion was a burst lifeburn fight. Lifeburn is going to be a tricky spell to balance with confront fear being nerfed, players won't have as much access to blue stats to counter the hp pools this time around. I still think it will average out to wizard's being a better buff target because of TC/UT, and Ice Lash being easily 10-20% of a groupwide parse.

Time Compression doesn't share with the pet, UT doesn't give the necro pet bonus ticks.

Buffing a summoner pales in comparison to a sorcerer. If they nerf them, this pattern will continue. It already is an issue considering buffing summoner's isn't the greatest idea, and they also don't have a strong group proc damage ability like Ice lash or Curse.

The Necro had UT in my group, and Jcap/CF as well. I had TC on a wizard, the warlock (Pants) had UT/EV in the other group. I had EV as well.
  10. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

https://u.eq2wire.com/spells/soe_character_spells/2611343676147
    Incase you were also curious. I had mostly experts/masters. One ancient. Level 7 familiar that was from POP collectors. Warlock/necro had level 10 familiars, the warlock had full ancients and the 8% ability double cast familiar.

Side note: It seems my one ancient got defaulted down to an apprentice because it was ancient. Can I have my DBC back?
  11. docsam Member

well said
    This is where i see a problem
    any nerf to ANY class in a TLE that has only a 4 month period before an expansion opens will cause major havoc to class balance along the line
  12. Elskidorr Active Member

Potentially breaking classes early on that may never get a revisited fix later is bad. Add those who've spent cash for that special Kalidim package that's only good for one character, and they'll have another major problem.
  13. Atan Well-Known Member

Good luck getting the AFK botter with his 6 necro's camping all the names to respond and accommodate.
    Kalika likes this.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

I agree that they will get out paced in future expansions, but I still do not believe a summoner pet should be able to tank an x2 with no healer support, which they absolutely do today on Kaladim.

Also, the dps output of tank pet is kinda stupid.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

This is an issue moreso with how content is balanced not really an issue with classes. With the removal of channelers and what seems to be any buff packages, combined with an high amount of stats; what do you expect.

If a nerf is necessary, nerf the pet’s hp, not the outgoing damage.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

The tank pet in many instances is out parsing the dps pets. I need to take some time and setup some parses from my summoners to demonstrate.
  17. Greene Active Member

Well the conjuror mythic has been broken(the pet is unusable) for every TLE server, so I don't see much dev effort being put into balance. So enjoy your super buff pets until you all start to suck again a few expansions from now :)
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

This woukdn’t be an issue if balance was happening more often.
    But it doesn’t happen mich indeed.

I just wish class balance was more constant and really check which classes need what.

Coz then they coukd lower sum tank pet for now (not necessarily the other 2 pets) and maybe boost it if needed later.
    Kalika likes this.
  19. Frid Member

That's the thing. People are talking like we can only get class balance once, lol. Nerf summoners, and if they get below par during KoS or EoF, boost them a little bit or whatever. Is that too hard?
  20. Observing Active Member

Based on two previous TLEs, yes, it is too hard.