Dev Bruiser letter.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Glynt, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Lifebane New Member

sadly never got a reply here, private tells, etc. disheartening to say the least.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

This is a familiar lament. Bet you can find something similar for every class somewhere in these forums, lol.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

no because bruisers right now aren't a class anymore, they are a joke
    Lifebane likes this.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

Everyone thinks their class nerf is special :rolleyes:
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

Therés no nerf. The class has just been left to rot since ka

But thanks for your insight
    Lifebane likes this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Honestly at this stage you could delete bruisers, and the only people who'd notice are those bruisers too stubborn to accept their class is pointless vs its alternative.

I can't think of a single thing that bruisers do better than any other class.

DPS - No
    Tanking - No
    Soloing - No
    Farming shinies - No
    Harvesting - Perhaps?
    Lifebane likes this.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

in TLE they are ok

good solo ability, descent dps, good tanking, and shiny gathering.

and yeah ... I don't like monks :). why every class is at least descent but bruisers in live servers ?

it's just lazy work
    Lifebane likes this.
  8. Obano Well-Known Member

I have been gone for 6 years and I can't believe Bruisers are still junk. So easy to remember why I quit. Probably the best place for a Bruiser is on the seasonal PvP server. As soon as you reach endgame the whole server gets wiped and deleted. Then you don't have worry about the awful endgame class balance.
    Lifebane likes this.
  9. Lifebane New Member

Sent another inbox message to Kander in hopes that he or someone might at least post here or make a statement elsewhere about the Bruiser Situation. Not very hopeful at this point.
  10. Galadar New Member

This is absolutely sad. I returned after 12 years to realize that im ridiculed in the end game. People literally talk crap and tell me to betray. What can i do??? Why are we the least played class???
    Lifebane likes this.
  11. Lifebane New Member

I feel your pain. Came back to the same scenario some months back. Still stubbornly trying to make it work but it's tough and the utter lack of Dev attention for years is crippling.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

Just one less class to balance for them.

I also guess they would have deleted it if they could but certainly too many things are intertwined and it could get messy if they did it
  13. Drona Well-Known Member

Personally I think EQ2 will be better off if they deleted some classes and better spend the limited dev time they have else where. I know it sucks but at least this way, it won't let players hanging.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

I agree but it’s not that easy.

U cannot just press delete.

The best way wouldn’t be to simply delete classes but merge them. And using AAs to give players options.
    Like u want a caster or melee druid ? U want a buffer or debuffer shaman? U want to focus more on Haste as monk or have hard hitting CA ?

But it would be tedious to do. And they won’t. Forgetting some classes et the easiest way to do it for them.
  15. Gratouillis Member

Stop giving bad ideas to the devs. I don't want to be erased. With the etheral fighter rune and spells in master is not hard ti tank with a bruiser. I have more difficulties with my berserker who is only in expert for his taunts. Maybe I don't DPS as much as a monk but I can exist ! tsssss
    /bonk all these negative ppl
  16. Lifebane New Member

Please don't delete the bruiser, just fix the bruiser to be the dps fighter that it originally was. We were meant to be an off tank more than a main tank. The rest of the function of this class was to cause damage, not top of the charts but definitely not the laughable low end of it. The fact that we are the only fighter type with a positional attack strongly implies that we weren't mean tot be facing the MOB most of them time.

Regardless of the changes the Devs might decide to make, I'd be happy just to see one acknowledge the post or the class issues at this point.
  17. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Imagine if the class balance we were promised with CD actually happen, we may not have this discussion. But as with all things DBG stuff falls apart.

Its too late now and Bruiser os one of those classes that just wont get any note worthy love any time soon. Its just not worth the ressources when its by far the least played class.
  18. Lifebane New Member

This is true, but it is the least played class due to their handling of the class unfortunately. The class had its fair share of population representation before it became the forgotten child. Dev's should take some responsibility for it and implement at least some high level changes that would impact the class's current standing in the pecking order of class importance.
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

the class still works. the classs isn't broken or anything ... u can still tank, well I wonder if a bruiser tanked raids to see how they handle bulwark phases.

but they could easily upgrade some of the bruiser CAs ... like they did for monk .. remove the positional from sucker punch, the positional from the prestige attacks. remove the no-move condition from brutal stance.

but seeing they haven't done a single thing to bruisers since the start of PoP shows how they care. While .. when SK cried about the BT on off stance .... they quickly added something to allow SK to still use their epic buff.
    summoners cried about their pet, and they tried to help them.

while nothing .; not even a statement has been done about bruisers.

Don't tell me since the end of KA that they couldn't have evened out bruiser compared to monk. If they wanted to, they would have done it.
    Lifebane likes this.
  20. Obano Well-Known Member

What Bruisers need is a Class Steward to give the developers focused feedback on how to fix our long term issues. It doesn't seem like anyone has taken up that role since I left.

From what I remember 6+ years ago the Bruiser class started to become junk when they removed our strikethrough immunity. That really wrecked our defense so Bruisers had to trade in their DPS gear for more defensive stuff. Then our DPS and aggro suffers because we are in defensive gear all the time. That is how the class originally became broken.

To fix Bruisers is really simple. Just give us back our strikethrough immunity. Players can use gear reforging to balance out the rest of issues if we had strikethrough immunity. Our class fundamentally does not work without it. It has been our eternal issue forever as avoidance tanks. Fix it and you fix bruisers.

Don't give strikethrough immunity to Monks. They don't need it but Bruisers certainly DO.