Proof of Death Certificates

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Eradani, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Eradani Well-Known Member

Update Notes: Tuesday April 2, 2019
    TRADEABLE?? seriously. whatever are you thinking? i suppose next you're gonna tell me they might drop in pvp also
    Siren likes this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Being tradeable, they can be dropped I'll bet.

People are selling and buying status/fame over /shout to get to the top of the Cheater Board for Pete's sake. Let's face it, this server is so far gone it really doesn't matter what they do anymore.

XP pots never should have gone in, bean counting overlords or no. It's a gold sub-only server for starters, and they limit you to 1 character per account besides. If it was one of the F2P servers, I could understand it more.

Moreover, they're wiping even though there's no way to shut off PvP XP so no one can lock and twink at low level, so building up too much player power vs newcomers and casuals isn't even an issue. They're just wiping every 3 months to get more XP pot money, mistakenly thinking that we're actually going to want to relive this horrible mess over and over.

Sorry, I'm so disgusted I don't even care about tradeables at this point.

And of course they couldn't even increase the drop rate on advanced crafting recipes or t2/t3/t4 gear so anyone who actually wants to play the game could have a better time of it. No, because that would discourage the buying of XP pots to bypass this whole godforsaken mess! :mad:

PS/ I don't think I have ever used that Smilie before, that's how mad I am about the shape of Nagafen. To even call it the same server name is sacrilege.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

It's a PVP server.

Do you really expect the community that enjoys it to be any better?

Have you guys learning nothing?
    Dude, Rarkevan, Siren and 2 others like this.
  4. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

When I saw the word trade-able in front of those death certificates .. made me think saleable, loot-able.
    .. now if you are seen making a kill any group or player seeing the fight will know you are now worth 2 certificates .. wheee fun times
    well at least the broker will get some business now LOL
    Siren likes this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Maybe all those cheaters selling and buying status/fame will get camped and robbed before they can turn their certificates in. One can always hope.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

7. Drew575 Active Member

All i see is Siren crying. She got ran off the server on day 3...couldn't take the ganking I guess. Oh well RIP It was fun while it lasted right? Don't let the door hit you on the way out
    Dude likes this.
  8. Drew575 Active Member

just fyi before you start crying, the scrolls sell for 20 status, you get 50 for 1 kill. 50x20 you do the math. a whole 1000 status (exactly the same way it was in PVP for killing someone, now theres just an extra step) stop crying and get better at the game
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Oh look, yet another embarrassed L50 discovery XP/XP pot exploiter trying to deflect attention away from himself. No mob kills, no real PvP kills, you all just did the lame-duck disco dance to 50. Now there's a wrecked broker economy and an empty game outside of L50, because all the players that haven't exploited have gotten disgusted and left the server.

And nowadays there are only L50s /shouting in EL every night that you're buying/selling status/fame so you can actually get onto the leaderboards....somehow (when you're not too busy farming your own alts, that is). :rolleyes:

Good thing Nagafen is getting wiped. That's about the only thing that can save it now.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Drew575 Active Member

you are super upset and cant handle pvp go back to your blue server where you belong.
  11. Satyr Well-Known Member

I dislike this thread for making me agree with the goober.
    Dude likes this.
  12. Redlight Well-Known Member

What exactly is this cheating being spoken of?
  13. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Nagafen is a sort of BR/PVE hybrid thingie (which was ill-conceived....unless.....the intention all along was to sell experience potions).

Some people want a TLE Nagafen, even though that was NEVER the offer.

Some of the people who wanted TLE are mad at DBG for lots of reasons, and seem to be especially mad at those who went straight to end game pvp with disco and pots.

The people that went straight to end game are cheaters :)
  14. Redlight Well-Known Member

You seriously would have to turn off XP to level normally. Walking around is cheating? :(
  15. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

I think the players that Siren considers cheaters , are those that are offering plats or golds to other players to stand in one place and allow them selves to be killed, so that the killer/purchaser can move up the leader-board.

I have to agree that this model of play isn't exactly what I would consider "pvp" play, it certainly doesn't have any element of challenge, and I can see that it shouldn't get rewarded with a title or other type of reward.
    Rarkevan and Siren like this.
  16. Peak Nagafun

I wish I knew who these leaderboard kill farmers are but I fear we never will.
  17. Redlight Well-Known Member

Wasn't it obvious from the start that the leaderboards are irrelevant as to how good a player is? However, think about it this way, those who are on it are a bigger target.
    Siren likes this.
  18. mercenery Member

Yesterday, in TS, I shouted that I was looking for a fight (I wanted some PvP). I had a couple of replies asking for my price! I can only assume they wanted me to stand still for a price while they killed me for fame...
    Gillymann and Siren like this.
  19. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

or were they offering to do the standing and demising? whats your price , can mean 'what are you willing to pay me? ' as easily as 'what can I offer you for your death?'
    Siren likes this.
  20. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Yep, I'm conceding this point to Siren, because i'm hearing about this from a lot of people:

People rolling multiple accounts so they can farm kills, either to get the OP blue stat item to win in pvp, or buy/sell, kills/tokens/whatever.

It's funny that Kander went out of his way to point out that overtuned disco exp was a cheat exploited by the players, but remains silent about this behavior.

It would seem that cheating is really only cheating if it cheats DBG's revenue.

In any case, no one should be surprised why EQ2 pvp is unappealing to so many.
    Siren, Rarkevan and Breanna like this.