Conjs and Necros

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lorilie, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

let's hope a big summoner pet is coming this patch

well at least the tank pet. the tank pet should be able to tank con solo mobs or ^ mobs, but harder. nothing else. one way to do it would be an ability on ^^^ mobs and nameds that allow them to "eat"/destroy a conjuror tank pet or at least deal double damage to them.
  2. Doyus New Member

ok, I have a semi-decently geared necro with all masters. I keep hearing our tank pet hits mobs for 25% of their HP. I tested on multiple non-heroic mobs and never seen it happen.
  3. Frid Member

I agree, summoners are WAY too OP. Im not talking about a slight overtune, I am talking about some serious, game-braking ****. Please fix it...
  4. Malachy Well-Known Member

I am 100% certain summoners will be tuned very soon and there will be a lot of blow back. I just hope the changes aren't too dramatic. Summoners are, historically, favorites of those that like to solo and they should not be overnerfed to the point that they are worse off than the several other classes that can solo ^^^ heroics. Raidwise, they bring nearly nothing so that has to be made up for somewhere. But some balance is required.

That said, it's a shame they let this go on, it was pointed out literally on day one how strong summoner pets were.

Was in a group yesterday and a guy had broken equipment. His response? My pet will still top the parse. And it did most of the time. No one cared, at least he was one of the rare summoners that actually knew how to send his pet in. I've never come across so many people completely clueless about how to play their class and still walk away with serious loot and fast levels. No class should be that easy and that OP. Hope the nerfbat doesn't kill the players too this time around.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Class is really good at soloing, you can totally do the same thing with six wizards cycling ice lash/roots and just nuke mobs before it matters/they even get close. I knew of a coercer who solo'd every instance in EoF alongside my wizard because of how busted charm was. Before you ask how i solo'd terror, it's broken mob. T5 is a horrible tier to balance the game for so many reasons, they literally balanced profession skills around AA's and then didn't include AA's. This is why you see summoner's doing so well, because their AA's are weaksauce comparatively to say a sorc.

DPS wise they aren't the best in the game at all when you factor in stuff like curse/ice lash, especially in the zone-wide situation.

Every other dps class also gets better AA's than summoners as you level up, the only broken thing about summoners right now is Lifeburn. The pets are a tossup, you either make them worthless and kill the class like FG. Or you make the pets become decent and they can actually parse like stormhold. I don't know what the medium of this all is, but i'd rather the class is good instead of being useless.

Summoner's were good on FG until around EoF, then they really started to fall off. I'd imagine the same outcome will happen, unless of course lifeburn is just meme good because of the lack of confront fear's around, and the manaburn nerf. Still, even mathing out the highest lifeburn possible on FG, it wasn't enough to beat ice lash on a zonewide in EoF.
    Kalika likes this.
  6. Merit New Member

Summoner's are definitely overpowered. Soloing named in sol eye and top DPS on single and multiple target raid bosses against equally equipped characters.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yes but they a bit OP. killed most named i RoV with my 26 fury (fully mastered since i was 1week in vacation) healing my guildmade 30 necro tank pet (expert); we ended up there after trying with no result to get recipes from non heroic mobs. I was not too surprised since my conjurer soloed almost everything during Stormhold, i m quite sure she soloed Varsoon while he was still yellow (but not at 30, probably at 34). During Stornhold every named in OLS was camped by a 40-50 summoner.

As you i don't want Fallen Gate broken summoner, and of course their pet should be able to tank moderate stuff even in group; but currently they are quite too strong or others are quite too weak.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Adon, summoner pets are currently getting double stat boosted. If I have 500 int, the pet has ~1000 int. Since this affects damage and hp in the pet package, the better geared I am for my level, the greater the bonus on the pet.

I'm sure the summoners not seeing it as well as others simply don't have as much int. Once this doubling is corrected, the class will be where it should be.
  9. Tominator Member

If conjuror pets are OP, and a Brig was constantly stealing agro from my mastered pet with mastered defensive stance in FG around L25, I assume that means that Brigs are OP and should be nerfed as well? And my conj is fully geared w/T3 crafted+. I mean, if they're stealing agro from a mastered OP pet, they must be super OP. Discuss.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

.... At level 25 your pet taunt is fairly infrequent, and unless you wait a full 5 seconds for the pet to taunt before the brig engages, he's going to take it literally every time.

That doesn't have much to do with the pet being OP vs understanding at a very fundamental level how the pet works.
  11. Tominator Member

Devils advocate - so a Conjuror's tank pet is way OP, yet, a 'regular' dps class that can out DPS it & grab agro from it is ok?

I guess regular tanks must just give up when grouped with Brigs? If a mastered OP tank pet can't hold agro from a Brig, a regular tank wouldn't stand a chance. I'm not saying the pets don't need tweaking, but from experience, Brigs might need a look too.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Yeah, this happened on FG with beastlord pets, it's why they were so broken in T5. Once we all caught up on green stat in DoF and the curve started to hit hard the pet became pretty balanced comparatively.

As I said, t5 is a joke in terms of balance unfortunately.

I'm not seeing any thing different than FG on the parse right now, necro is winning the zonewide on the parse, but ice lash/curse is still making the necro below the sorcs. This is of course on Nagafen, I can't imagine Kaladim changed at all since FG.

Another problem I just thought of is probably mastering the pet verus having to master like ten spells right now to get comparative results. Auto stats also scale incredibly hard on pets in t5. It's honestly just beastlords in t5 all over again. Stack melee stats, pet lols on mob with 300-500 dps from autos alone.
    Redlight likes this.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

Well brigs have shenanigans... positional that makes them target to then counter attack. Did your brig use that ?
    Redlight likes this.
  14. Doyus New Member

Are we talking Conji or Necro pets or both? I cant do what is being claimed on my necro. I would hate to be nerfed just because a Conji can do something. Am I an expert on necro? No. But there are still only so many spells to cast at 50. Mine are all mastered.
  15. Earar Well-Known Member

It’s kind of what we call trade off. A class that solos well should be « somewhat » weaker in group dps wise coz of the other more defensive tools the class has. Heal, lifesteal and adaptability with pet.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

It is both, I rolled both to prove the point.
  17. Venser Active Member

I dont know whether or not it's the case for that low of level, but there are a fair amount of pieces of gear with +hate on them that have really nice stats for scouts. Some 15-20% hate gain to be had for decent stat scout gear before icy dig / raids. Also does your brig understand how dehate works. If he pulls then uses evade or shadow slip early then it will have effectively done nothing as he has no hate yet or very little. He needs to get his stun chain going then evade, if still wont drop use the positional.
  18. Doyus New Member

At 50? Seriously, macro my pet attack with every hostile spell. I have a good rotation, I can’t do these things. Can someone please explain how they are doing this?
  19. Tominator Member

Good points, Venser. I don't know what the Brig's rotation was, or what gear they were wearing.

Based on the comments in this thread, it sounds like the pet's stat 'package' is double what it should be (i.e. 1k INT instead of 500) and hitting even con mobs for 25% of their health. If that's the case, I can't imagine anyone/anything with double stats being out dps'd by a 'regular', non-OP class. Yet that's exactly the argument folks here are making for it.

Either they're wrong about the double stats, or Brigs are OP too.
  20. Doyus New Member

And I wasn’t seeing double stats in Int. My pet was 1.5x mine.