NO-VALUE Handcrafted??!!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sigrdrifa, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I am outraged. Really. It took me several tries to get calmed down enough to write this note.

I've been used to craft a few hundred handcrafted items and then salvage them for infuser fragments. So I crafted a few hundred handcrafted items, switched my spec to Salvage, and only THEN discovered that suddenly these items can't be salvaged because they are NO-VALUE.

So, not only can I no longer get my fuel costs back by selling these things to the guild junk vendor, I have my bags full of junk that has to be tediously deleted one by one. WHY? There are NO-TRANSMUTE and NO-SALVAGE tags, why the heck are these things now NO-VALUE?

NONE OF THIS was in the release notes. I knew to expect the weapon leveling nerf.

But now I have to grind hundreds of Solos to get infuser fragments? It can't be because of the Marketplace, because Marketplace infusers don't apply to the Physical layer. How are people supposed to get enough Potency to do heroics? Because the Celestial white potency adorns have the exact same stats STILL as the PoP adorns, we can't increase Potency that way.

These changes aren't going to help people graduate up to Heroics and Raids. They're making it IMPOSSIBLE.
    Beanno likes this.
  2. Gninja Developer

Not sure what changes were made you are referring to, but the entrance requirements for heroic and raid were lowered so getting into that content might not be as difficult as you may think now. You may not need to do that now. Just trying to help.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I just tested this (making weps and then salvaging) in order to create fragments and had no issue. Not only did it not read "No Value), but salvaged easily. Not sure what problem Sig is articulating, but I can not replicate the problem she is referring to. These were etherium daggers of energy and they worked fine for me.
    Pijotre likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As an addendum, went back and crafted 50 etherium daggers of energy and again, none of the problems Sig has identified in her post occurred for me. Every one of them was listed "infusable, attuneable" and I easily could salvage for fragments. So I'm not able to replicate the problem she describes.

Logged in armor smith and made a couple of different items. None had the no trade tag, and they salvaged into cadium ore. I used my armor smith to check to see if the current issues with dropped armor being no-trade an no value had carried over, but didn't find that to be the case here either.

I would be very interested in knowing what she handcrafted to get that result to see if we can reproduce it. I'm scratching my head over this issue.
    Pijotre likes this.
  5. Aeriel Active Member

It is not a change - I think Sig is referring to Chaos Descending handcrafted items. CD handcrafted items have always been no value since the expac launched. This means that they cannot be salvaged nor sold back to the vendor to recover fuel costs. I know this because I made one to test it out back in November. Unless something has changed handcrafted items from all previous tiers could be sold to get back the cost of the fuel.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't think y'all thought this through quite enough. There's a great discussion of all the hurdles you have to jump to get into Chaos Descending heroics that breaks out what you need in stats,

No, JUST changing the Resolve didn't help, because simultaneously the update removed our ability to make handcrafted CD stuff and salvage it for infuser fragments. You still need Potency, at a minimum 75K POT, but you really need more like 80K+. You didn't add any Potency. Remember, ALL the CD gear is worse in terms of POT than PoP gear.

A fully piece of gear that is fully infused with crafted infusers has about +120% POT. You need 5 infuser fragments to make 1 CD infuser. Crafted infusers ONLY affect the Physical layer, so you can't make up the difference using Marketplace infusers. You have 21 equipment slots, and there are 2-4 stats you need to infuse: Stamina, Potency, ABMod, and Crit Bonus. Let's just say you need only two kinds of infuser per item. It takes more than one infuser to max infusing on an item, and I dunno how many it is, I guess between 5 and 10. Let's say 5.

So, for a single slot, I need 5 STA infusers and 5 POT infusers. Times 21 slots = 210 infusers. Times 5 infuser fragments per infuser = 1,050 dropped salvageable items.

Instances drop a limited amount of salvageable loot:
    • Awuidor: Marr's Ascent = 5 chests
    • Awuidor: The Nebulous Deep = 5 chests
    • Awuidor: The Veiled Precipice = 3 chests
    • Doomfire: Elements of Rage = 5 chests
    • Doomfire: The Enkindled Towers = 5 chests
    • Doomfire: Vengeance of Ro = 3 chests
    • Eryslai: The Bixel Hive = 5 chests
    • Eryslai: The Midnight Aerie = 5 chests
    • Eryslai: Trials of Air = 3 chests
    • Vegarlson: Council's Stronghold = 5 chests
    • Vegarlson: Ruins of Rathe = 5 chests
    • Vegarlson: The Terrene Rift = 3 chests

That's 52 items to salvage. That means you have to run ~210-350 instances (Solo instances, so you get all the loot!) to get the infusers you need to update one set of gear. Oh, and you have to KEEP grinding instances, because when you do get upgraded gear, you have to start over from zero on infusing each new piece.

This isn't even mentioning that at some point, you have to be transmuting dropped gear so you can get adorns.

Oh, well, we can get additional Potency from adorns, right? Not so much.

(1) White Adorns make 878.4% POT
    (1a) Celestial Adornment of Raw Power gives 109.8% POT (8 slots) -- no improvement over the PoP adorn!
    \aITEM -334915289 969490636:Celestial Adornment of Raw Power\/a

(1b) Planar Adornment of Raw Power gives 109.8%POT (8 slots)
    \aITEM 461293832 2020884850:planar Adornment of Raw Power\/a

(2) Orange Adorns make +2261% POT
    • Celestial Aspect of Aniquilacion set gives 35% POT
    • Celestial Aspect of Pinqyuan Diqu set gives 35% POT
    • Celestial Aspect of Paixo set gives 35% POT
    • Celestial Aspect of Zou Kunnen set gives 35% POT
    • Celestial Rune of Championship [VII] is +528% POT
    • Celestial Rune of Juxtaposition [VII] is +631% POT
    • Celestial Rune of Witness [VII] is +562% POT
    • Celestial Rune of Expedience is +400% POT

So, it's not enough to just mess with Resolve. You either need to reitemize everything to have more Potency, or you need to make it possible for players to boost Potency somehow.

Oh, and did I mention Fervor? You need a bunch of THAT, too.
    ConcealFate, Beanno and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I can confirm Sig's OP. It's the Student gear that is now listed across the board as no value, which makes it unable to be salvaged. So, my original hunch was correct to validate her problem. It's the current gear in the CD expansion that has been impacted by this NO VALUE problem. It's not just dropped loot, it's anything that's crafted as well. The loot tables need to be corrected as this makes zero sense.
    Beanno, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is a NO_SALVAGE tag.. if the devs really don't want people salvaging handcrafted gear, they should use that tag. Crafted gear should ALWAYS be sellable for fuel costs. There is zero good reason to do otherwise.
    Beanno, Beee, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  9. Gninja Developer

Please give me the name of an item as an example.

Update: Never mind. Someone posted one as I was writing this :)
    Beee, Cyrrena and Pijotre like this.
  10. Aeriel Active Member

Sorry Sig but this is not a change with this update. CD handcrafted items have been no value and no salvage since the expac launched.

I agree that it is something which should be considered but I don't want Gninja spending a lot of time hunting for a change which didn't happen.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm fighting a migraine, so I may be terminally confused, but dang, today has been stressful!
    Cyrrena, Pijotre and Breanna like this.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

You were not alone. Had a headbanger that made my eyes want to explode out of my head.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying Aeriel, but here's my problem. This was something that happened at launch of CD, and was a change from the previous xpac. It's also in the same boat as introducing merc accolades with this xpac that has nothing but an orange slot available. Problem here is that there are no orange adorns that work in these slots and six months later, we're still faced with this problem. It's as if someone at DBG is making fundamental changes to gear, but the problem is...the implications of those changes is sailing right past people who ought to know better. Put another way, you don't put a blind guy in the cockpit of a commercial airliner. It goes back to something we used to say years ago...take the time to do it right the first time, because if you're strapped and you rush it through because of a time crunch, it's not likely you'll have time to fix the problem later. Do less and get it right the first time. In reality merc adorn slots are problematic. They really don't seem to serve a purpose or influence the performance of the merc. Someone was saying on the forums that one of the devs (think it was Kander or Caith, but don't quote me as I've never seen it posted), the only adorn that seems to help is strength. If that's true, it simply doesn't make any sense at all to have adorn slots for accolades. Just take the damn things out and have one less problem to worry about. Accolades are fine if they actually do something. If they don't take 'em out of game and just have stats raised as the merc trains. Just a thought...life doesn't have to be complicated.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Well, your link basically reinforced what I said earlier..."ain't no orange adorns that go in merc accolades,' haha. The message I get is "No items found."
    Cyrrena and Beee like this.