Mischief Managed:Duty and the Beast - Live Capture Net

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Gudum, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Gudum Active Member

In the quest Mischief Managed : Duty and the Beast, the Live Capture Net requires adventure level 20. This makes it impossible to complete the quest on a low level. Doubt many have encountered the problem, but I keep a toon around at low level just for testing tradeskill quests.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Fetialis New Member

Problem persists after the 19 March patch. It also effects the explosives.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Gninja Developer

There were logistical reasons for which the net and explosives were set to adventure level 20. They will not be able to be lowered for this content.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Do you expect this type of logistical reasons to continue going forward? I have a couple of toons that are level 5 and a level 12 that are pretty much permanent on those adventure levels. They are, however, max level (110) tradeskillers. It's a choice I'm making for those characters and with your post I know they won't get to do this content. Trying to understand for future content how my different level characters will/won't be affected.

Edit to add - They can do the missions so that's good for this content. They will miss out on the actual quest lines/rewards.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Gninja Developer

What is the reason for them being locked at such a low level? You would think they would get to 20 just from exploring the location needed to get to 110 tradeskill :)
    Cyrrena, ConcealFate and Breanna like this.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I locked them on purpose. The level 5 was on purpose to always "test" do the tradeskill quest lines on as low of a toon as I could manage. The level 12 is more of a rl reason and people I played with long ago.

Neither are set in stone to remain there, but it's worked out for me and made me wonder once you posted the information.

I added this edit to my other post before seeing your follow up post
    Edit to add - They can do the missions so that's good for this content. They will miss out on the actual quest lines/rewards.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Gudum Active Member

I have my lowest locked at level 2, mainly so I can copy over to beta each year and test out the tradeskill questlines with a low level that leveled naturally instead of by using the beta buffer. Traditionally the tradeskill content was designed to be possible regardless of your adventure level, so it hasn't been much of a problem, other than occasionally having to employ a high-level to clear out an area. Also have a level 10 that I used to use for agnostic dungeons.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Lowest level I have is a 3 and she got there just by getting off the boat and getting into the building in Qeynos where the mercenaries are to do the mercenary project with Sigrdrifa.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Avithax Well-Known Member

Old issue remains now in an irrelevant entrance quest. Some of us like having lowbie locked toons as crafters and up until this quest ALL TS related quests could be completed by any level toon. Even if removing the level requirement from a few quest items isn't possible why is it so hard to change the requirement to pick up the quest if you're not going to be able to complete it.

It smells like this was an oversight by a well intented dev team and I cannot fathom why a line has been drawn in the sand now.