Chronoportal Phenomenon Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Well keep in mind that this content is intended for a full group of people just shy of Tier 1 Heroics in CD, so unless you can duo+merc those I don't think your comparison as to the difficulty is a fair one.
    That said I do very much agree that the offered items are junk, when the original portals came out, the zones were very hard to do at their respective levels.

I remember that level 90 was the maximum level at that time and for Guk you also needed a full group (even though like now it was enough that the group consisted of a casual group of soloers). However the items that dropped from those zones were best in slot back then for the different levels. They were a fun way to get a good gear piece in a different setting mid content (remember that at that time big mid content updates and summer ethereals did not exist). That was also the reason why the original items were made no-trade, cool looking and worthless if not worn (sell for 2c, no-transmute, no-salvage).

That is exactly why this new content fails to compell to most players, the stats are not good enough for any of the higher geared players to even consider and the casuals which could use the stat upgrade balk at the grouping requirement. Now I'm not saying you should make all these items best in slot, that would just be removing any incentive to do raid content as there is now not only 1 max level zone but 7 which would mean 7 best in slot items. Rather the rating on the stat gear should sit between T1 and T2 heroics or even at T2 Heroic level. This would not only incentivize higher geared players to participate (thus bolstering both the number of groups being offered to run the zones as well as raising the average strength of those groups), but also bridge the gear gaps which so many have complained about (rightly so) in this xpac. As to the no-trade part that is in spirit with the original zones and ok, provided that the stats are changed to incentivze people to gear up their alts with their alts and not their mains thus running yet more groups. However as offering a too wide variety of slots might be an issue with now having 7 max level zones I'd suggest to have each zone drop a cool & unique looking gear piece unique to the individual zone (So that all zones are being offered to run) + in addition 1 stat item of a smaller pool than 7 pieces as the incentive, thus also offering 2 rewards so at least 2 out of the 6 players have something after running the zone.

As for more Chronoportal content additions in general I was actually hoping that the level gap would be filled and we would see a new level 100 and a new 110 zone. Maybe those 2 zones and the aforementioned additional shiny collection (maybe with (fully tradeable) shinies found in the fabled zones rewarding a nice house item at the end, thus also getting decorators involved) would be good ideas for next years event!

Thank you for reading this brain dump and to Kaitheel & team for considering the aforementioned changes.

Kind regards

Pijotre Kajek
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Pixistik like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The items we got at the end with a full group were alright they were 70 resolve which were better in most cases than my 50 and 60 resolve and better for the others as well so it worked out well for us, we were able to get together enough people that for the 2 of us that lasted the entirety we did every portal, and the others did at least 2 each. Fun night, especially since it is the only time I have been able to log in for over 10 days and I probably wont be able to log in until tomorrow (Monday, 04 Mar).

I missed most of Erollisi, and now the first few days of Chronoportals. Brewday starts on 05 Mar, I am Irish, everything else be darned I will be logging in for Brewday!!!!!!!
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I finally caught the one I was looking for, the Delki sibling in the Chronoweave. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

This is feedback and its late because its not for test, its for the achievement that just went in.

The house is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's part of Sleeper's Tomb, in Eastern Wastes. It's where Kerafyrm was being held asleep, hence the name.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er, I'm confused; what's the achievement got to do with the house? :confused:

Uwk
    going back to ... /sigh ...ADULTING for a while :-/
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Pijotre Well-Known Member

The achievement unlocks the deed to the prestige house and/or the ability to buy the guild hall with the same design.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You complete all the Fabled versions of the Chronoportals and the PQ and you get a deed for Kerafym's Lair/Sleeper's Tomb. There is a little blue house type portal inside of Kerafyrm's Lair that takes you into Sleeper's Tomb.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"A little blue house"...does that mean it's bigger on the inside? :D

Uwk
    /ducking_rapidly
    Breanna, Elyria and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*giggles*

Uhhmmm maybe... but we wont know unless Ttobey convinces them to put the Sleeper in there.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ok, this is feedback for real this time. Yesterday on AB, we started seeing people locking encounters within the PQ so that not everybody could participate on all of the spawns.

Is this an intended mechanic? We are not allowed to have mercenaries or mounts in there, I don't believe people should be able to lock encounters in there either.

Kaitheel, Chrol, Gninja… anybody?
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  12. Chrol Developer

Looks like this was an issue with one of the dune spiders and possibly with the quest-related desert asps. Should be fixed next update. Thanks!
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. I will pass this on to the people screaming at me because they know I come on the forums and they do not.
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Pijotre like this.