Question on the Game Update Notes...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

...from earlier this morning:

It doesn't say explicitly whether that's for the TLE servers (which I would expect) or for all of us, for some unfathomable reason. Frankly, I like the "early game progression" in the ordinary servers, and wasn't even remotely nostalgic for the old "early game progression" on the TLE servers (or, it must be said, any of the rest of it on them, but at least we don't have to slog through subcombines again, thank the gods). :-/

Uwk
    SierraDawn, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Uwk, it looks like the re-itemization is on the regular servers as well. I was looking at some level 1-40 gear I was pricing to sell today, and the stats quite literally completely suck now. They didn't used to. It's funny, because there's a sudden huge jump at level 60 for gear stats.

I'm going to guess that they're going to "fix" the itemization for later levels as well, as the new TLE goes up, so those sucky stats are going to follow our characters upward.

They re-itemized it to the higher stats for the last TLE, now they're itemizing them the opposite way. :confused:
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, so the question now is: what, o Devs, was WRONG with the stats before? Your favorite flavor of white level critters were dying too fast, and us too slowly?? >:-/

What's so special about the TLE servers (that we can't transfer off of, yeah?) that the rest of us have to match them?

Uwk
    Finora, Cyrrena and Juraiya like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...it's probably the casual players that use the Handcrafted, even Mastercrafted stuff other than just what they can get off an instance or if they have enough money (or can take out a substantial loan) to get stuff out of the Broker? Is this an attempt to muck about with the casual players and mess them up? Or to force soloers to at least molo, if not group outright?

I guess I'm still just trying to figure out this rationale. :-/

Uwk
  5. Defender of Hedgehogs Member

I noticed this when I had my 42nd level Inquisitor in Deathfist Citadel, and realized that half my gear had had its level change (up to 50), and I was no longer wearing it. I went back to my guild hall and looked in my stash of saved up items (to use as I leveled), and saw that a large portion was now wearable, and all of it had the stats reduced, by half or less.

Items that are Legendary are the same (or nearly the same) as Treasured items. Mastercrafted items used to be better than Treasured, but are now the same, or worse. All very confusing.

I thought that items needed rebalancing (especially in the case of older zones, for example Lavastorm loot was always a lot worse than comparable items from other zones), but this wasn't how I thought it would go. WTF?
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No sub-combines even though I loved them!!!! The adventure experience is good, its fine, its perfect!! The tradeskill experience, not so good, not fine, not perfect, you run out of vitality after about 5 item creations and there is no hand of the maker, so after that it crafting with no vitality which is slogging through quicksand.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, Cy, you know I love you, but in this, we have massively differing opinions. In a way, it's okay that the adventure XP is like HALF of what we'd be getting on a real server (subcombines still suck, always have, always will; it's the primary reason why I NEVER did anything with crafting back in the day), since that way, the tradeskill XP might be able to stay on par with it. ;)

I'm still confused as to why the Powers decided to screw over our equipment down to TLE standards. :-/

Uwk
    Finora, Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

O no Uwk Subcombines were awesome I loved them too. Plus you could make decent money on the broker selling all the oils and resins and what not to other people who either didn't have that crafter of was too against doing them they would rather buy. I used to rake in the cash with subcombines one of the reasons I started with 9 tradeskillers.
    Rhodris and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The equipment, I have no idea. It is not even good for the levels it is supposed to be good for.
  11. Svenone Well-Known Member

The return of subcombines would only make sense, sort of, if they also brought back the different tiers of items based on how far the progress bar got before the item was completed. One bar? Crude item. Two bars? whateveritusedtohaveasaprefix? Three bars? yetanotherprefix. Four bars? Pristine and the best that item can be. Personally, as a carpenter, I hated all the subcombines and didn't get past 19 until that hot mess was removed.
  12. Mircury Templar - A.B.

I see with the update notes for tomorrow they are not addressing the LVL 1-50 re-itemizations they did for the non-TLE servers.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about it, and I think we might've seen it coming when they had those pages after pages after pages of item tweaks in the Game Update Notes. Maybe that's what they were doing with those, but I'd never noticed any changes until after the one on Saturday. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Looking at gear I'd recently spent quite some time making for my character I'm on currently, it just dawned on me that I'm going to have to sell it all, either on the Broker (thank the gods it's not like the Auction House in WoW) or just plain vendor-trash it, because it's now nowhere near where the gear was, stats/etc.-wise. It's all but useless now, and it's higher than 51st level.

Thanks so much, devs; thanks for making me feel like anything I can make on my own, by my own efforts, is now worthless. :mad:

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Juraiya and Finora like this.
  15. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Causes bewilderment that the transmutation does not work at the epic items which fell from toons
    Cyrrena and Juraiya like this.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

I take it you never had a provisioner back during subcombines lol.

That was a miserable thing, I did it because I loved my guild mates and we'd divided up the crafting, but holy moly! I used to spend quite literally an hour making one stack of drinks or food, because the good stuff took so many sub combines. That wasn't even counting the time it took to harvest.

Good riddance to subcombines and I don't know that I'd ever craft again if they are put back in game.
    Cyrrena, Juraiya, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL I actually had all 9 crafters back then so they could help each other out. I still loved it :p
    Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  18. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

And raw materials only stacked 20 high....while I made a goodly amount of coin making pristine inks and quills for sages, I'm quite happy with current tradeskill mechanics.
    Cyrrena and Juraiya like this.
  19. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It wouldn't help. The stuff you get from drops is pretty crappy as well, although not quite as crappy. Why they felt that Live needed the TLE itemizations, I don't know. There's a REASON I dislike playing on TLE, and they dragged over part of that reason to Live now. Treasured is pretty much the same as Handcrafted, so questing for gear is pointless, too. Unless you get Legendary or Fabled, you are going to have trouble staying alive at times, particularly if the mobs gang up on you.

One thing, though; they made it so that now there actually is a distinct difference between handcrafted and MC. Before this, the difference had been so negligible that I rarely bothered with MC anymore, but saved my rares for Experts or for making nice furniture items. And perhaps that was their intent; to make MC more valuable again. The only problem is that they made handcrafted COMPLETELY worthless, which isn't quite how it should have been done.

Or maybe there wasn't really any way to get it all right, and they did the best they could. They really need to fix a few things, though, because I've noticed that the TIER of the crafted equipment is often inaccurate. Most of my 80s characters have titanium armor, for instance, and for whatever reason, it's marked as being for level 70, and, I suspect, given the stats for level 70 as well. Except that Titanium is a tier 9 (level 80-89) harvest, so equipment made from it should be level 80, not level 70, and have stats appropriate to same. Sumac weapons have the same issue, and amber and quicksilver jewelry as well. So, fixes need to be made. I've bug reported those things, but I have no idea how soon they'll be able to get to those bug reports.

I have no idea about the other tiers; almost all of my characters are 80+, and the rest are mules whose equipment I don't pay much attention to. My 100+ level characters have the PoM gear or better, and they didn't mess with that stuff at all, thank goodness.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Me too Breanna. I actually started with a provisioner and expanded my way out from there to the other 8. I loved all the sub-combines.
    Breanna likes this.