OK, how do you exit the game?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by EQnewbieNJ, Mar 16, 2019.

1. EQnewbieNJ New Member

is there an EXIT the game button somewhere? I can't find it anywhere. thanks
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Saw-Lau like this.
  2. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I usually do /camp desktop (in the chat window). Or you can /camp to character select and exit game there.
  3. alricjames New Member

/camp desktop and /camp will work, or you can click the menu button on the bottom left side (it looks like your forum pic) and click "camp (logout)" then "camp to desktop" or "camp to character select".
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Or you can click on the EQ2 button on the bottom left, and log back to characters, log out to desktop, or quit without camping at all. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rhodris like this.
  5. Cunning Member

/exit is also a valid option...
  6. EQnewbieNJ New Member

OK, will do. thanks everyone
  7. Seefar Well-Known Member

Why on Norrath would you want to leave Norrath in the first place? ;)
  8. Blazen Active Member

9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What I do almost all the time is play in Windowed mode. It takes a bit to get used to it, but when you have it up, you do get the upper right-hand corner Window buttons of -- (minimize), squares (for adjusting the size of the window), and the red X button, for exiting. :)

If you're in Windowed mode and don't see all your hot bars containing your icon buttons, go up to the grey bar at the top, click and drag it (and everything else on the screen) further up, until the monitor seems to "get it" and fits things properly into your screen. Hard to describe without a video. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Beee and Jasonis like this.
  10. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

You can also double-click the title bar to get this same effect.
  11. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Warning: problem with quitting this way, if you have made any gamma or other color correction changes within the game, they won't be reverted back to normal and your desktop will look messed up when you quit the game. Well, I do know that if the game crashes on me, my desktop remain too bright and have to restart Windows.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Svenone Well-Known Member

/exit : dumps you to the desktop, and leaves your character in the game until it times out. Not recommeded unless you are in a safe place. Same effect as pressing the X in the upper right hand corner in windowed mode.
    /camp : leave the character safely, and puts you at the character select screen. Can exit the game from here, or play another character.
    /camp desktop : leave the character safely and exit to the desktop
    /camp <character name> : leave the character safely and switches to the named character. Only intended for characters on the same server and on the same account. There is a way to use this command to select a character on another server and/or account, but I won't go into that here.
  13. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

You can /camp ,charactername> to another character on a different server, so long as both are in the same region, i.e. US. I can use this command to /camp directly from a character on, say, Maj'dul to another on Halls of Fate, or Skyfire, or any other US region server.
  14. Svenone Well-Known Member

I only have characters on Maj'dul and one on IoR, so didn't think about the other situations. :/
  15. Arclite Well-Known Member

Play in full-screen windowed mode and click [X] to close window. Been playing in window mode for years, quick and easy exit.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's been wonky with me lately on the /camp desktop bit; apparently, no matter how carefully I type the word "desktop," it invariably thinks I'm camping to a character named "Desktop" and, not finding it, kicks me out to the Character Select screen, rather than straight to the desktop and completely out of the game. Not an issue, since I can get out all sorts of ways from there, but it does take more time and an extra step. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

For me similar problems are solved by it:
    https://justgetflux.com/ or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshift_(software) Resets and other dancings with tambourines are not required. It "on the fan", is pleasant not to all..