Rollback Required?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Occisor, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Occisor New Member

People level 50 within a couple hours of play, can't imagine this was intended? I appreciate no one wants a super slow grind, but this is way too far the other way.
    Vexil and Feldon like this.
  2. Xadienx New Member

Have you tried talking to the level 50s to see how they did it??

How much per week do you play?

All the ones i have were full grouping with each other, and spent around $300 over 8 hours totaling all people within.

Vit Pots// Solo Pots/ Group Pots............
    Siren likes this.
  3. Malvolio Member

Correct me if I am wrong I only played the First TLE (Stormhold if memory serves) but there have been at least 2 other TLE servers than Kaladim and I am told that EXP potions have existed in them all and no-one was even close to 50 day 1 on Stormhold and i'm told its similar with FG.

I believe that the super fast EXP and FG Heritage claim vendors being in Kaladim was not intentional.
    Nickolous likes this.
  4. Occisor New Member

Why is how much I (some random guy on the forum) play per week relevant to people hitting lvl 50 within 3-4 hours of the new servers launching?

Yes, I know how it’s done and it clearly wasn’t intended.
    Jasonis and Feldon like this.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Why would it need a rollback, how does their levelling ambition impact you?

Play the game how you like, and leave others to play it how they like.

Also from what I saw, after 6 hours the highest I saw was 37
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  6. Occisor New Member

That’s a simple one to answer. Because it’s incredibly obvious that the devs didn’t intend for people to run around using disco xp to hit max level just several hours after the server opened. For what it’s worth, although it really should be irrelevant, I just hit level 49 too.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

If the devs were so worried about it, they shouldn't be selling so many different XP pots. ;) One day or three, I don't see how it makes that much difference. Even if they hadn't done it with discovery XP, they'd have dungeoned and PvP'd their way there in a few days tops anyway, with so many layers of cash shop potions and such going on full teams.

Daybreak had better not do a rollback! And I say this as a L17 on my main, lol. Wiping would negate all the legitimate progress the rest of us made, too. And if you do a /who all, there are tons of t1 and t2 characters playing-- many, many more than the few 50s running around.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Kindread Active Member

It took us a little over 8 hours actually. We expected the XP to be FAR slower, and had planned to only get to 25ish on night one, but our group was server first.
    Zenji likes this.
  9. Occisor New Member

Well, there was certainly a whole bunch of people on Nagafen who hit 50 a lot faster than that.

To explain, by rollback, all I would suggest is that 95% of people’s Disco xp is removed.
    Vexil and Siren like this.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

Even if they did that, we would have hit 50, 30 minutes later. 95% of our XP was from dungeon grinding and questing.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

You know the devs can datamine and see exactly what you did, right?
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Kleit New Member

Ah yes, the concern trolls worried about EXP rates. Wouldnt be a TLE without them.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

You know those who didn't exploit, hack or do anything shady, couldn't care less if the Devs check in and see what we did.
  14. Malachy Well-Known Member

There were 2 groups that hit 50 between 8 and 10 hours. It was non-stop grinding and xp/vitality pots.

Most of the server was pretty much incessantly doing who all statements, so I think a lot of people saw exactly who and where they were. A rollback would be ridiculous.
  15. Nickolous Member

I don't think people are worried, in fact I am sure they are not. It is an issue of being told one thing by the Devs and another thing happening, not what they said would.

"Kaladim TLE Server FAQ"
    "Will experience values be tuned for Kaladim?"
    "Experience values will be slower, similar to how it was at original launch. Tradeskill experience will be the same."

Calling for a rollback is a bit extreme IMO.

Spending 300 US Dollars to get to 50 the first day seems foolish to me, but that is my opinion. However; if the experience rate was what DBG stated is was going to be, these people would not be 50.

I think they can, and should, do better in accomplishing what they say..IMO.
  16. Milambers Active Member

You guys are clearly not getting the point of this post.

Unless Kaladim is different, on Nagafen you can easily hit level 50 in just 2-3 hours running around with group XP pots getting discovery XP. You don't have to kill a single mob, or a single player. This is obviously not what the point of the PvP server was meant to be, given the Devs specifically stated the main way to level would be to get out and fight.
  17. docsam Member

No rollback
    No experience change
    This is why i am against such threads
    If there is a nerf to experience after some have used it to max out then there will be an even louder cry for roll back
    So best thing is all should go enjoy the game as it is .simple!
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I hit 50 from 25 in 40 minutes of running around. Someone went 15-50 just using the run around disco strat.

We went 1-10 just off of discos. If we had done this from the beginning we would of been 50 in around 2 hours honestly.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm guessing there is some trick to disco strat that is a little bit hidden? I tried it in a group at around level 20, and explorations such as Enchanted Lands/Rivervale were giving around 3-7% each on average, with the odd one giving 15%+. That was with 250% bonus too.

Just how many zones are people running round?
    Siren likes this.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you didn't stack XP pots to 250 experience mod? The key point is disco xp is being modified by potions.