How do SK/Fury work together?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by OldRodKS, Mar 15, 2019.

1. OldRodKS Member

I usually 2-box a monk/bruiser with a healer, usually Warden, but I want to try something different for Kaladim. Since they restricted the accessibility of houses for Kaladim, porting will be needed, and since I've played Warden a lot, I thought I would try Fury instead this time.

With my limited play time, I won't be raiding, so I don't care about that aspect of the game - just world dungeons, timelines and heritage quests.

I'm thinking of going with a SK/Fury duo. Anyone played that combo? Do they work well together?
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

they don't have much synergy. I mean fury buffs don't do much for SK but furies will do the job of healing and dpsing if u have time:)
  3. OldRodKS Member

Who would be a better partner for the Fury?
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

furies buff mages.

they have int/wis buffs. Now u may not want to box mage/healer. though it works of with roots from fury and mages but u may struggle wih adds.

still SK have nice dps and furies are good heals. just not best synergy .. but if u want the port, it's druid anyhow.

plus sk have evac, furies have invis so .. can work well for that

well primal fury is still a nice buff for melee ..
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Aren't like, half of SK's abilities classed as spells (I know INT doesn't affect them anymore, but still)? Fury seems like a decent match to me. Maybe Inquisitor is slightly better. Or Mystic.
  6. OldRodKS Member

Inq and Mystic don't have ports :(

I'm going to give it a try with SK/Fury and see how it goes. If all else fails, I'll re-roll my SK as a monk (again :))
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

My daughter ran her Fury with my Wizard for years, and it totally rocked. Not to mention, you'd automatically have the Wizard Spires portal and the Druid Rings Portal, which would be an amazing travel combo for the greatly restricted travel options on Kaladim *and* Nagafen, for that matter. (You'd have to do /invites to get a tank, though.)
  8. Kindread Active Member

You have one of the most OP tanks for the group game, with amazing sustainability, along with the highest DPS healer, who will be able to DPS even more with an SK tanking. Not only that, but you will have ports on a sever that does not allow housing ports.

Even if the synergy is not 100%, it is a hell of a good combo. Do it!
  9. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Yeah, ports are definitely handy. I just meant from a pure "synergy" point of view, maybe Inq or Mystic is better. But from a practicality point of view, Fury and SK would work just fine, and you get all the benefits of what is, as Kindread says, an OP tank class, with a high DPSing healer, along with evac for when things get hairy, as well as ports for mobility around the world. Pretty much a winning duo combo if you ask me.
    Jasonis, Bekkr and Kindread like this.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

doesn't matter if SK are casters.

furies don't buff casting skills, furies mostly buff INT .. and as u said INT isn't SK stat. It's STR. Still furies are potent healers and can bring dps to the table. The fury just won't work as buff bot. That's all

but warden of fury, it's same. Wardens don't buff STR either.
  11. Bekkr Well-Known Member

A few years ago when my wife was playing we duo'd SK/fury exclusively. Worked a treat. SK mostly keeps itself healed so Fury can dps a fair bit, but the fast heals are good for when things get hectic.

I guess min-maxing is important for raids or whatever, but really, if you're just playing the game, it's a good combo.
    OldRodKS likes this.
  12. OldRodKS Member

Thanks everyone!
  13. Vozzor New Member

If you ask me they work Great together...My roommate and I will be doing Sk/Fury combo :) we did a few dry runs and man what a breeze....
    Bekkr likes this.
  14. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

If you want a buff bot, you wouldn't be running with a healer, you'd be running with an enchanter or bard. But either way, if it's going to be a boxed toon anyway, I don't think it really matters that much from a healer perspective, except primal fury is pretty nice. Inquis probably better though? I dunno, I don't care to look through every ability they have.
  15. OldRodKS Member

Well, so far (level 13 LOL) this duo works great. SK rarely needs healing, even in multi-pulls, so Fury can melee and nuke/dot. Stuff dies fast :)
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Jasonis New Member

Have great fun! It will work fantastic!