Class restrictions based on faction

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Okanagan, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Okanagan Member

Can we please be provided further information on the class restrictions per faction.

On Beta, Qeynos couldn't guild with Freeport, and I believe it was stated in Discord by Kander that this will not be changing.

The concern is that there is currently 8 of 24 classes that are restricted to either Good or Evil:
    Defiler
    Mystic
    Shadowknight
    Paladin
    Brigand
    Swashbuckler
    Necromancer
    Conjuror

I believe it was also stated that betraying (as exile is being removed?) may also be removed, but is 'being looked into'.

I would advise one of the following:

A) Remove the restriction on the above classes all together. Allowed Paladins to start in Freeport etc. This should be the easiest and I don't see this being a large impact, even if it were to be a change applied to live servers.

B) Allow Qeynos to guild with Freeport. I believe it was stated this would take a massive re-coding to accomplish, and while ideal, would be unrealistic with resources currently available.
    Trasor, Restrained and Siren like this.
  2. Satyr Well-Known Member

You could class switch on beta by talking to an NPC. I don't see why it would be any different on live.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

It'd be nice to get an official response. Could you ask in Discord?
    Trasor likes this.
  4. Restrained New Member

I agree, at minimum just implement option A. Then at least you can play your class on whatever side faction your guild of choice is.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Most people have rolled Freeporters by now, because they've got the Shadowknight and Necromancer and we....don't. ;)

It would be nifty if Daybreak could fix this situation, and at least enable Exiles again so we can betray, if nothing else.