Coercer: What should I improve to get better DPS output?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Alarra, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Redlight Well-Known Member

Finish getting your GM ascensions to ancient, the difference is massive.

As for Feedback Loop: after finishing the cast, the trick is to fit in as many hits as possible. This means that you should check your abilities and set them in an ascending order of casting speed/recovery speed added up together. However, if you have a few exceptional hard hitters, put them first regardless, of course (NO ASCENSIONS as they take too long to cast). As soon as feedback loop ends, start using damaging ascensions, in descending order of damage.
    Pixistik likes this.
  2. Alarra Well-Known Member

Yup, my spells in general need upgrading, just don't have the plat for it at the moment.
  3. Airvh Active Member

As any class the best thing you can do to get better DPS is get a raid guild. Those seem to increase DPS quite a bit because they get you the gear that makes the big differences.

I never really noticed until I found the section that shows top listings and found that my Mystic was on there for one of the top DPS. I was like wtf I never tried to do big dps on him, I was always healing/warding and dropping a bomb every now and then. The only reason I could think of was because I raided and had the stats.
  4. Alarra Well-Known Member

I'm in a casual raid guild, we just started raiding T1 around 2-3 weeks ago. We got up to T3 last expac.
    But yeat, stats will make dps better, but also how you use the spells will separate you from someone your own class with similar stats.

Raid damage is significantly different to heroic damage though, possibly due to buffs and debuffs on mobs.
    In Heroic I am averaging around 1-3 billion, while in raid I can do around 4-8 billion.
    For the record I only have 1 piece of raid gear at the time of posting.

I'm not counting the huge trash smashes that you can use Feedback Loop with your AoE's and AoE Ascensions.
    Think I got like 40 billion off a trash smash on one parse, but for me those fights don't count.