Currency/Rewards to Events PQ

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mercychalice, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

For the new PQ released with the Chronoportal event, I've noticed they only give elemental quintessences. Why don't they give currency related to the event? Getting the same currency related to the current expansion, that I can get at any time of the year, makes doing the PQ to the event feel trivial, and less special to do. Why bother with this PQ when it gives practically the same rewards that the normal PQs do? I mean, I've done it a handful of times and gotten adept books and an adornment book....I'd rather see items related to the event, like with Erollisi. I did every PQ I was awake to attend for that one, hoping for the new black roses, of which I got a few! :) Point being, I made time to go do those, because I could get something cool and limited. I probably won't do the Chronoportal PQ anymore, because there's nothing neat attached to it - not even an achievement.
    Pijotre, Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I was also kind of confused. I don't own Chaos Descending so the coin side of the reward is a tad bit pointless.
    Pijotre and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Gracey Well-Known Member

I agree the reward should have been the Ancient Platinum Coin. Now I have to make characters/tear them down to get the coins I want.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Part of the reason may be the very.... limited.. selection of items to spend the Ancient Platinum Coins on.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Nilyana Active Member

You can repeat the portals every hour, or something close to that, to get more coins. No real reason to make/delete characters for them...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Gracey Well-Known Member

Hmm - I thought the quest was only offered once per year. I never received any coins during the quest (only upon completion) so assumed that they were only for completing the quest. Will have to try - Thanks
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Nilyana Active Member

The quest itself is only once a year, but you get two coins in each portal boss chest (so four if you're a subscriber). The instances reset themselves every 18 hours, but you can go into your lockout window and manually reset them every 30 minutes.
    Xianthia and Cyrrena like this.
  8. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

This event is somewhat baffling in lack of reward, items that can be gained and then coupled with the fact it runs ALL month. On top of it, I did all the available stuff and didn't get my Time Traveler title, which was really the only thing I wanted lol
    I'm not looking for mounts or prestige housing or anything, but just something more than what's there. There's not a lot of replay value for this event.
    Pijotre and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I'm confused with why it lasts all month too. There so little event to go with it that it barely held my interest for the week, much less for a month, and even less for a PQ that gives the same as what I can get for the normal ones available all year long. There's so much nothing associated with the Chronoportals, I have to admit, this is my least favorite event of the year. I did a fabled zone, spent 10 minutes wailing on the last guy, only to find out I got the same token reward as if I did the solo ones. So I gave up on doing the fabled zones, as they didn't feel worth my time and effort.
  10. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Then there's the whole matter of the rewards from the chest being the level that you're mentored down to for the zone (like Qeynos Hills exquisite chest gives a lvl 20 weapon) and they're no transmute/no salvage...so you end up with a bucket of junk.
    Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

People were clamoring for elemental quintessence long before chaos descending. They were few and far between. I am assuming whatever they were needed for then they are still needed for now.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

/shrugs. Then they should go do more PQs. They're up, all year long, every three hours. Just don't clutter the once-a-year events with the same boring stuff that's already (overly) attainable year-round. How unenticing.
    Juraiya likes this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You had to salvage something and the chances of getting them were worse than finding rocking horse sh%$ on your lawn.
  14. Miragian Well-Known Member

Pretty sure "Elemental quintessence" is the CURRENCY you get for doing Choas Decending PQ's. It is not in any way related to salvage. There is a vender in the merchant section of the library that trades them for a few items. So if you have Chaos Decending there is a reason to have them though I suppose it's to encourage 110's to participate since the other PQ's are pretty few and far between (and a pain, water one in particular requires knowing a bunch of stuff about the fight).

If you want the quintessences from salvage you just need a bunch of crafted stuff from Alter of Malice. I believe that was how I made about 5 or 6 of them one day to make runes. Not that you can use them with any of the current expansion weapons they removed that slot.
  15. Melkior Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Cyrenna is confusing the Elemental Quintessance currency with the Transcendant Quintessance Salvage item.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, I was, I apologize. I realized it last night.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Lera Well-Known Member

They're probably trying to get people who don't care about furniture to do the PQ.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

People don't care about furniture? *looks stunned and falls to her knees*
  19. Lera Well-Known Member

I know. It's mind-boggling. But they do put their unwanted furniture :eek: on the broker for the rest of us to buy and hoard.
    Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I know, I surf the broker everyday looking for bargains to add to my hoard and I am not even a dragon.
    Juraiya, Mercychalice and Breanna like this.