GU109 Eye Candy?!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niami DenMother, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Oh, I'd say this is illuminating. I'll put an example pic on the page shortly :D
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Actually, as of today, it is more yellow than it had been, so it is good as a sunbeam, too
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

YYAAAAAYYY!! WOOHOO!!! /cheer
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Tonight we were having lots of fun with the new currency name. . . CHIT.
    However. . . . on a serious note. . . it is MILITARY like I said. . .

Chit: A chit in the Navy refers to any piece of paper from a form to a pass and even currency. According to the Navy History Museum, the word chit was carried over from the days of Hindu traders when they used slips of paper called "citthi" for money.

My husband would have to get a Lunch Chit to have lunch at a different time or a Chit to get a non scheduled day off. . . so we can be childish about it or we can be grown ups. . .

** we may all choose to be children because it is more fun to laugh and chit**
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, BLESS YOU, DENMUM! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Any relation to "chitter-chatter," or is that more onomatopoetic? :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Febrith like this.
  7. Febrith Well-Known Member

Not even close - I'm from a Naval family so such things as a "slop chit" (which sounds TERRIBLE lol) would be like a list of things to do or a work order etc. It's not as bad as it sounds - honest!
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I have to rewind my comments regarding the beam of light. At first, we thought it had changed from a blue-white color to a golden sunlight color due to a patch, but it changes color based on the time of day!!

It is VERY cool.

9. Breanna Well-Known Member

Sweet, nice showing of it too :)
  10. Febrith Well-Known Member

You should definitely do more videos - you have a very mellow, pleasant voice. I also love that you too have naughty cats who love to try and mess up your videos lol:)
  11. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

while I think the ACTIVE item is way cool to match accurately the Time of Day,...
    what of those homes with,.. say, the Cloudy Sky Tiles for a sky,... and/or a house where the Time of Day never changes (Tenebrous Tangle, Mistmoore Crags, etc.),...

having different color "sun beams" coming down would look,... unusual.

might there be any way to have these as separate items for each of their colors?
    or maybe have a way to LOCK the item's Time of Day at placement?
  12. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Speaking of Cloudy Tiles; how hard would it be to make "sky-type" tiles that also change with the accurate Time of Day?
    could have a completely underground house seem like the most pleasant valley or plains with the active "sky" tiles ;)
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

That would be something to add to the proper Homeshow Wishlist thread for the dev team to consider for the future. It'd be far easier to do single-color beams than to "lock" this one, I suspect. I also suspect that your request regarding changing sky tiles would be rough for them to do, but again, add it to the proper forum thread, as we won't know until you ask! :D
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if this new functionality isn't due to our requesting at least something like this on the Wish Lists... ;->

It's very cool as a start! ;)

Uwk
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Interesting, I hadn't thought of this, I have the Personal Grotto which is Underground so it doesn't have sunlight. Although I suppose I could put it someplace and it would be like there might be a crack or something in the rocks allowing a beam of light to enter the Grotto.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There you go! :D

Too gloomy as it is for my taste, and omg, is it ginormous to try to decorate. We definitely need more slots there. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Febrith like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have never even really figured out a concept thing for this. Of course out of all of them I only have one with a concept and that is the one I did for the wedding recently.

And I love most of it. But its in Sprockets Interlocking Plane and I only used one of the buildings and the floor was perfect in there and I paid someone to come and do the walls because I ran out of time to figure it out. They said I had a shimmer in the floor and fixed it. Then the floor started eating tiles. I had to keep adding tiles over the tiles until it stopped eating tiles. The floor in there is hideous now. Its lumpy and bumpy. It was fine for a week and never ate any tiles until it was redone because of the shimmer. Now there is like 50 extra tiles in there and I cannot pick any of the floor up except the 50 extra that I kept adding to cover what was being eaten. So I am out of items now and cannot use the other building at all. If I could figure out how to remove that floor entirely and put it back in myself, I would do so. Then I could move parts of the other wedding layout into the other building. The walls are perfect. The person that did them did them very quickly and perfectly and came back once because of the tiles on the floor being eaten. But every time you left that building and went back in the tiles were gone again.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

That is odd! And it also sounds very annoying I'd be screaming by now.
  19. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

it sounds like, when they redid your floor, it moved the location of some of the tile's anchors to just below the horizon. It'd probably be helpful to have someone with a layout editor come in, assess your floor, and move everything up to a positive "z" value. You'd probably get back all your devoured tiles as well :eek:.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

What server, Cyrenna? Probably just need to do a 180 flip of all the tiles and they will probably stop getting eaten. Is the floor the only place you used the tiles? It would make it a lot easier to clean up if that is the case. I agree, you need someone with the editor to come in and repair things for you. If you are on any of the regular servers, and not Fallen Gate or any TLE servers, I'd be happy to come assist you with that sometime.