Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And other lighting things, like this latest, don't have any tag at all, one way or another.

Uwk
    (now getting back to work on other stuff... ;->)
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Maybe Lera could add the subcategory "Illumination", so you could use Category: Lights, Subcategory: Illumination to get just the lights that have the "warm light".
    Cyrrena, Pijotre, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  3. Mirt Well-Known Member

Your comparison doesn't make any sense. Asking to add light to things that are called lights, is not even remotely the same. (I realize you were trying to make a joke.)
    Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Mirt Well-Known Member

I don't know if that is going to happen for stuff that has already come into the game, but it is happening for things that are coming out.
    Cyrrena and Darkzypher like this.
  5. Mirt Well-Known Member

This would be wonderful and has been suggested to Lera by various people, including myself. However, many of the lights are mislabeled, so it would require actually testing each light.
    Cyrrena, Darkzypher and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

You admit it yourself that it doesn't illuminate.

That is exactly what a "LIGHT" defines as.

You are being completely over the top obsessive compulsive about this needlessly and won't let it drop. You are nitpicking this topic to death. You are derailing the topic at every chance you can and every person you can. Put yourself in the other persons shoes for five minutes before you respond to them. Think how you would feel getting that response from you if you were in their shoes, treat people as if you want to be treated... this is common sense especially in game and real life.

If you have nothing further CONSTRUCTIVE to add to the conversation for heavens sakes keep your 2 copper pieces to yourself and let other people put their comments in without fear of being nitpicked to death at every comment that they make no matter how innocent or off the wall it maybe -- it is THEIR OPINION.

Why don't you take some of the suggestions on board for your website if you are so incredibly pedantic about the "light and no light" issue. Stop bumping your post count and irritating other people with what you maybe seeing is just "different' than what they are seeing and accept it "AS IS" and don't always have to be right! It doesn't make them incorrect either. Its called OPINIONS -- Everyone is entitled to have one and when someone voices said opinion against you it doesn't make it wrong because you disagree with it. Opinions cannot be wrong. That is why they are opinions!
    Cyrrena and Mirt like this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Hey everyone, I think there's been enough debate of the "light." I have already added the prose to this item consistent with other "light" objects that provide little to no actual light. If the object gets actual light added at a later date, the prose will be changed.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Joke indeed.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I apologize. I am OCD about things like categorizing, labeling, dust, dirt, pine needles, mounts, houses, housepets, plushies, lists. The MS caused most of the OCD stuff. The Physicist in me caused the rest of it. I have this OCD to have everything that has common properties be listed in a common category.

I would gladly test every single light that I have access to in order to tell if it illuminates anything but I will smash this OCD into the background so this can be put to rest.
  10. Mirt Well-Known Member

Kaitheel -

The new solid green, non-stained building blocks are freaking awesome. WTG Kaitheel

Any chance the peach stucco blocks will have the stains removed as well?

Thanks,
    Mirt
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I grabbed every quest on live with Whilhelmina (Thurgadin) but that one wasn't offered to me. I have it in my completed journal (03/06/2018). I grabbed every quest, ran most of them, and when coming back into the bar the third time (after redoing Hammerhall), Tellar finally had a feather and gave the quest.
    First 2 runs into the bar, he only said "Enjoy that book, friend. And thanks again, for the Gorowyn Pepper Swill". It's weird. I think to remember having troubles with him in the past too but I'm not sure.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Pijotre Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly you need to finish other quests before he offers it every year.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; couldn't say. I've only ever done his first quest that leads to the Hammerhall. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

On Test I did as follow (and usually I do that on all my chars in the same order every year -with portable druid rings/spires on previous years, fast-travel now- as it's the most efficient for me):
    • I went to the brewday bar, grabbed everything including Rummage for Answers, validated the stuff inside (hops, bear for olaf and noise) then headed out,
    • grabbed Brell's quest in Anto, did first step in blackburrow
    • ported to TS, grabbed stuff in the village, escaped, grabbed the quest near docks, validated the first lady,
    • ported to TD for the too ladies, entered the bar to buy Ale for Brell
    • ported to CL, then Nek, SS for the drink, Feerott for the toy,
    • ported to EL, did everything there including Rummage for answers (and killing the gobs and tiping the minotaur), escaped to finish Rumage for Answers and the killing
    • then went to Kylong and Mara and then to Butcherblock where I did everything (race, Tumpy, instance neer Kaladim)
    • ported to Windstalker village (animated hops, last lady and water)
    • ported to Frostfang, grabbed the ale
    • went back in brewday bar, validated the prayer, the beer, the collection of items for the annoying gnome, ladies for the gnome, updated “Thurgadin Ice Brew” and got ported
    • ported back to gorowyn, entered the brewday bar, got the list for the Ice Brew
    • ported to SS, ported to moors (“Thurgadin Ice Brew” and new quest)
    • ported to steamfont (new quest)
    • ported to Anto docks, grabbed final piece of gear, flied to Brell and turned the quest in, entered the bar, turned Thurgadin Ice Brew, updated new quest
    • Ported to TS for "Pressed into the Brewcrew”
    • Ported to EL for the halflings
    • Ported to TD for the pepper
    • escaped, went to the bar and turned the new quest in
    • Everything done, yay me!
    The important thing is: I grabbed Rummage for Answers along with all the rest, then I turned it in before even heading to Butcherblock.
    On live, I couldn't get it and so I had to grab the quest after my Frostfang step and do an additional trip to EL (which can be timed with the new quest which isn't sending very far from the entrance). It's not possible to do Tumpy and Hammerhall before updating everything near Runnyeye due to the minotaur tiping. So as I did everything in EL prior to even getting to Butcherblock on my chars on Test and couldn't do that on Thurgadin, there's a problem somewhere. Either both of the servers don't work the same way or Whilhelmina is bugged somehow. Haven't tried with another char yet on live, I'll let you know when I'll have checked.

EDIT: oh, and btw, for those who want to max alcohol tolerance fast, I got a tip from Homeshow and tested it yesterday:
    - buy truckloads of a single alcoholic drink
    - create a macro
    - add 10 lines of "use item"
    - drag 10 times the drink you bought
    - name and save it ("I want to be drrrruuuuuunk and see 4 Gninjas every time I look at him" is an apt name ;p)
    - drag it to a keyboard-controlled hotkey
    - hit the appropriate key in a row for the time needed to max out your alcoholic levels
    - enjoy your new maxed alcohol tolerance (while waiting half an hour for the effect to dissipate completely, 20 minutes for very-very drunk)
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

After checking, another char on live, Shilah, completed Rummage for answers the same day as Whilhelmina last year and the quest is available directly from the bar. Go figure.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My recommendation is to work on alcohol tolerance while crafting. Because then you have the crafting window open, usually your bags open, etc. all covering up the screen drunk effects. You're focusing on the crafting window, so the wavy visuals aren't as annoying.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL Whilhelmina I have a cat named Shilah :)
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

go to distillery and pick up the drinks for free right of the ground, you get some shinies at the same place too
    Last year on of my toons collected a bag full of booze bottles.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

Were they following behind someone in particular? ;)
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I lost my name in the server merge but got it back with the last purge which implies that there are several people named that way (and I saw one during CD beta), which is weird as we had created the name without seeing it anywhere before for one of my chars in Neverwinter Nights 15 years ago or so.