Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Lera Well-Known Member

I am not a Frostfell elf!
  2. Mirt Well-Known Member

I am not talking about having light. When I say 'gives off light' I mean actually illuminating the room, which I think is pretty self explanatory when I say 'gives off light'.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen: "shines brightly." But yeah, there is a category for "piddling li'l tiny bit of maybe light" -- er, "gentle glow." :-/

Uwk
    who really, really prefers things to shine brightly :)
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Mirt and 2 others like this.
  4. Mirt Well-Known Member

Kaitheel - Will the verdant stucco blocks indeed have the stains removed from them for release with Brewday on Tuesday?

Thanks,
    Mirt
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And the Blush/Peach/whatever Stucco, too? ;)

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Lera Well-Known Member

Which is what 'gentle glow' is. None of the lights that have that in the description illuminate anything.
  7. Mirt Well-Known Member

You are missing the point and I can see you will keep this going no matter what I and others say about wanting illumination.

People want lights that illuminate.

Mirt has exited the building on this particular one...
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Darkzypher like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Gentle glow" is a tag that the devs/Art Dept./whoever's in charge of such things slap onto an item to describe it, but not always, apparently. Guess they missed the boat (ha! Pirate joke...) on this one on not adding the "gentle glow" tagline. :-/

Uwk
    who yeah, would also like all lights to actually work ;)
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

I'm echoing this 100%. There is absolutely no light or glow coming of of this light. If you are seeing a light it could be your personal torch or your computer settings.

There is ZERO, ABSOLUTELY NO LIGHT COMING FROM THIS PIECE OF FURNITURE!! Move on please this horse is dead please quit beating it into the ground
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yo, devs/Art Dept./whoever: solve this problem by making the thing actually "[shine] brightly," please. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Mirt and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't wish to beat the dead horse or any other dead animal for that matter, but my question is, what good is any light if it does not give off any illumination? If I have a table lamp and when I turn it on the illumination in the room does not change, what is the purpose of the table lamp other than to aggravate me? It is not wise to poke the bear, I would more than likely pick the offending table lamp up and hurl it into the wall.
  12. Lera Well-Known Member

I'm not missing anything. People want them to illuminate. The art department may or may not be able to add this. If they don't, and it gets released without illumination, then I asked for them to tag it as such, with the "gentle glow" description, the same as many other lights we have that don't illuminate.

My request had nothing to do with whether you or others want illumination, since it might not get added. And some people like lights without illumination, depending on what they're building, since it can make things too bright, and creates lag.
    Cyrrena and Pijotre like this.
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

Does it illuminate anything else? No. But take a look at the picture. There is light coming from it. Or, if you want to be really technical, some sort of effect that resembles light. Preview it in game. There's a glow around it. Just because it doesn't cause illumination on other objects doesn't mean there's "no light".
    Cyrrena, Xianthia and Pijotre like this.
  14. Lera Well-Known Member

The purpose of the table lamp is to look like a table lamp. Maybe you (generic you) already put other lights in the room that are bright enough, and adding more light from the table lamp makes it too bright and washes out whatever else is on the table or nearby. Maybe the lamp is in a house that's been abandoned for years and is off. Especially if you've rotated it and put it on its side. And we have several lights that give off a really annoying flicker, and some have light that's the wrong colour for the house, but the look of the sconce is perfect. Light also creates lag, and too many lights in a room can make people crash.

Except none of that was the point. The point was "if light doesn't get added like people are asking for, please tag it 'no light'."
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It has a faint phosphorescence that does not illuminate anything besides itself.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Exactly! Hence the difference between the "shines brightly" and "gentle glow" tags the Powers That Be use. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

just put a candle in there shish, I mean one that works.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Pijotre Well-Known Member

ENOUGH you light fetishists you derailed the thread far enough. Now get it back on track and do your testing *cracks whip* :p
  19. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

omg that piece of wood isn't real wood! devs pls fix!!@#!$1

;)
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Exactly!!!! Every object that is in the lighting category that does not give off illumination to other objects or the walls or floor should be tagged "no light or no illumination"

We need to get the tagging of the lighting system standardized and at the moment its not. I have a bunch of different candles, candleabras, chandeliers, et al together, they all say gentle glow, some give off illumination into the room, others do not.
    Mirt, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.