Chronoportals 2019 - Longer Duration!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niami DenMother, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Some of you may have noticed that the Chronoportals event is running for longer this year. This is due to it being the 20th anniversary for the launch of EverQuest.

There will be 6 new buyable house items and one gifted one from the event, along with several changes/additions to the event.

You can find out more details, as they become available here. (Not all the art is in. I don't have detailed info on the new instances yet due to needing more bodies to test it. We'll get there!)

~Mum
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

It was nice to read a little bit about your beginnings, thanks for sharing.

Time does keep on slipping... wow! 20 years... I'll second that.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ughhh ...We are all 20 years older!!!
  4. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

really 20 years? man I feel old. o_O
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, it's the original EverQuest, EQ1, so don't feel too old. :D

Now, when it comes to the 20th of EQ2, I really will feel ancient... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Feara like this.
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

Come November that's just 5 more years away :eek:
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Time flies by doesn't it. Hard to believe it's been that long.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The art for the statue and the Kunark Rising painting is now on Test, so screenies have been added to the writeup.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

Love love love the statue. Thanks for the write up!
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think the painting's awesome, too! Not at all what I thought it was! :)

Uwk
    Feara, Katz, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bit of an odd question, perhaps; I've never successfully completed any of those "old-timey zone instances," so I don't know, but can you convert the weapons and such you get into house items to go on a wall after you or your alts have "grown out of them"? 'Cause those would be cool souvenirs/reminders if they could! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

No.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Although you can stick them on a mannequin, and with very creative positioning maybe get them to display. I haven't tried doing this with a house actor, so I dunno if you can get a house actor to "freeze" in a position displaying a weapon and then sink it into a wall.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

House actors are just mannequins that can move and "speak" in the chat channel box, essentially; the good news is, they can't mosey off by themselves like pets can. ;->

Ostensibly, it would probably still work on an actor, though mannequins are cheaper. ;->

Uwk
    who thinks, "Ooh...re-create the Doctor Who episode 'Rose' using house actors playing the mannequins from the ep... :D" (The mannequins in an after-hours dept. store come to "life" in a very creepy, dangerous way. ;->)
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Feara Well-Known Member

WOW! I love the painting. Thank you team for this painting and thank you Niami for posting :).