Erollisi Day Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Question if I am not able to hatch the familiar this year , does it carry over to next year ? or does the poor little thing expire in it's egg.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You, sir/madam, are. A. Genius. "You are sooooo right!" --Foghorn Leghorn

Indeed, what are the conflicts? The only way you can get enough of the hearts for the race, really, is to stay within the far smaller area within/behind the towers; if you go too far out of there, the hearts get too sparse to be collected efficiently and if the ProtectMe(TM) race mount goes away while a Good lowbee is too close to the guards, farther out before The Commonlands themselves really start, you're pretty hosed. And as far as I can tell, those who are racing do not physically interact with anything else, which is why they're safe from the opposite alignment sorts while mounted. They shouldn't be interfering at all with the PQ. ;->

Or is it just a technical thing...? ;)

Uwk
    who's never seen a "lovelorn" anything in the towers' racing area, just the spam for them X-/
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  3. Lera Well-Known Member

I am not a Frostfell elf.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're a Dark Elf, yeah? I didn't think the FF Village ones were Dark Elves...or have I not actually been seeing it in the last 12-13 years (entirely possible)? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Pijotre like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I was wondering , if we could get some more rewards for the last 2 newest quests next year. I mean I really love that feather cloak , but I can't wear more than one of those.
  6. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Err Butterfly was that meant for the Chronoportal feedback thread?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no Pijotre have you ever done the quest in Thundering Steps on the doc as a reward you get a red feather cloak and some coins the quest is called " Could it be magic "
    for Erollisi day.
    And there is the quest in Stonebrunt Highlands that awards you a gazer plushy and some coins , ok you can have some more of those I guess the quest is called " Vision of Love ".
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Ahh ok yeah done those, I guess the word "newest" threw me off as those quests are already 4-5 years old. But I agree more rewards for any of these small single out quests would be nice.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:) well I can't do the newest one forgot there was one so it's the third and second newest .Unless there are any others I don't know about.

Anyway , I just ran the PQ again and I thought, this is one of the best things you Devs came up with
    It's still going strong , not quite as crowded as at the beginning , but I have never seen it not run with at least 3 people on each side. You really nailed that one. The familiar is cute and useful and the coin and other rewards are nice too :D.
    To bad tomorrow is the last day I still have around 50 more toons to get this done, but there is always next year.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, good question! Yes, it will carry over. Thankfully, the familiar egg will patiently wait until it is hatched, without losing any progress you've earned towards it.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

By the way, we've noted all of the feedback about the PQ, with the intent to make some adjustments to it for next year.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Got a proactive bug just now on Test.

I ran half the PQ with one char and the other half with the other. Yavannamire (south part) got proactive, Leucosia (north part) was only active. Both killed adds with flowers, smashed purple/black and obviously gave red/yellow.
    Yavannamire did her part first and stayed afk at meeting point while Leucosia was doing the north part.

I can confirm that the achievement updates on passive, active and proactive.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Yeah the inactivity for part of the PQ seems to loose you the proactive. I recently tested it on live by participating a lot at the start of the PQ (gave 3 red, 2 yellow flowers, killed 4 mobs with flowers and smashed at least 5 or 6 black/purple flowers) and then just not doing anything else other than following along do give others a chance at the proactive rewards. For my kindness I was rewarded with 2 coins.That system needs tweaking.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

The weird thing was that the "inactive" char (and she was afk when the couple met) got proactive and the last active char got active. I usually have one char on follow on the other and alternate between both but thought I would do it another way for once and it broke.
    Foiwom had it break on her on Test once, and from what you say, you should have gotten the reward on your char too, so there's something hinky somewhere, that doesn't happen a lot.
    Anyway, I just wanted to get the achievement for 5 runs so it wasn't a problem in this specific case.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lets talk about baby dragons I am sure others spoke about it before but I want to try to put it all together.
    I hatched over 10 dragons.
    the first went really smooth the last 2 took a long time one over 10 proactive runs.
    I figured out how to get that baby out as fast as possible ( I had some help from others )
    first of all run 5 to 8 of those PQs proactive. But simply running the PQ will not get your little dragon to hatch fast , you got to help it.
    Examine your egg every time after your done with a run , even the first time you hold it in your hands. Listen to your little one it knows your out there and will show you how close to coming out it is .
    The more the baby moves and shakes the egg the closer to hatching it is.
    If you like you can sing to your baby or encourage it , the more often you check on it the sooner it wants to come out and smell those Erollisi day roses.:).
  16. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I was able to hatch two eggs; several toons were left holding eggs. IMO it takes too many runs to hatch. I generally try to be polite in-game, but for this PQ I had to pretty much stay on top of the dearly departed and click repeatedly in order to give him (her?) a rose or two. I'd like to see the dearly departed always able to accept a rose of the right color, and maybe a message when you've given X number of roses, such as "The dearly departed has accepted X of your roses; time to give someone else a chance!"

P.S. I thought the PQ was clever and enjoyed it, except for the 12:30pm run last night. Thankfully, the egg finally hatched. :)
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I did this PQ on every server besides the free trade server at the beginning it was mayhem.
    people running around with oversized characters or with a enormous entourage of mercs fluff pets and the likes.
    after some shouts, people began to be more considerate at least to some degree , you always have to remind them.
    One guy would make an announcement about the PQ rules.

Hide or change over to smaller mounts ,
    don't oversize yourself or your pets
    turn of any clickable pets and fluff pets or mercs
    after getting about 6 points for handing roses , killing bad mobs and or destroying black and purple roses
    give other people a chance too. this is not a competition. any of this will give you proactive.
    if you can't get to the zombie ,destroy the wicked roses or mobs.

I went to Turgadin on the last day and got my last pet hatched 5 minutes before the festival was taken out
    it took 6 tries , I checked on the egg after each PQ and before too just in case.

Don't worry Rosyposy your little ones are save, Kaitheel said they are hibernating till next year.
  18. Kalika Well-Known Member

increase the range at which we can trhow roses.
    increase the number of roses she can accept and if you want beyond the 6 threshold make her consume roses way faster.
    remove the excess of randomness some of my toon got Carina in 5 pro-active runs and other with like 8 (all proactive).
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Suggestion: In the area of the PQ, when the PQ is active, have all mounts, pets, and illusions automatically hidden for anyone in that area.
  20. Quillyne Active Member

I would love to see the code that allows us to hide mounts expanded so that we can also toggle on and off:

Player pack ponies
    Player illusions
    Player mercs
    Player familiars
    Player fluff pets

This way we would have the ability to improve our game experience not only in this particular PQ, but in any other situation that arises.