Chronoportal Phenomenon Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

This is going to be insanely hard to test (almost as bad as getting a group for the 110 fabled testing). We actually had 11 people ready to go for the PQ after the guide quest ended, but ... the PQ wasn't an option on the portal.

We don't know the timing. Until we know the timing, there's only so long we can have this many mixed adventure levels on hold waiting for the call. :( The fact that Test has zones regularly close due to inactivity may muck with the timers more, too. Any suggestions on how we can pull this off in the time we have to Test this amidst all the other testing that will be going on this week?
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The fabled instances need dev intervention, I suspect. We weren't an optimal group for a typical fabled run, but frankly, an event instance shouldn't require "optimal". Even an optimal raid-geared group would have issues with well over 700,000,000 damage in a single one-shot, I suspect. :p

We tried Qeynos Hills, noticed all the detriment-happy gnolls, cured our fingers off and ... wipe on the first linked group.

We tried Karana, and with two singles on us at the same time, wiped. Just too many one-shots, and once one fell, it was like dominoes. :( I can't see how we could pull it off unless we had a tank with 5 healers, coordinating their death prevents.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Fabled test

group : 1 swash, 1 conjuror, 1 warden, 1 mystic, Bhooghar merc, Haurvarat merc

Portal to the Past: Qeynos Hills [fabled]
    First 2 solo mobs where fine, then we got hit by the group. it's a cure festival.
    I have a deep wound from the watcher hitting me for 809 999 985 crushing damage on a char and a scout's massacre hit for 767 832 489 piercing. With 2 healers and a healer merc we couldn't keep up

Portal to the Past: Plains of Karana [fabled]
    Quest mob was easy peasy. Then we got a centaur and a lioness and we got chain-killed. This time, I had dropped the Haurvarat merc and we had 2 Booghar. No warning, no detrimental to cure, and we all got one-shotted one after the other.
    The centaur charger killed Kasa 3 times, Foiwom once, leucosia once and Yavannamire once.
    Damages sustained from the charger were between 364.000.000 and 982.000.000. We warded a lot, but I don't think we're supposed to be able to sustain such high damage.

I get they're fabled, but it's an event. I think the zones should be doable by a casual group, not by raid-geared chars.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Mirt like this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

PQ is limited to CD-only chars. Mordita got the message when trying to zone in with her non-CD account.

If it's "all levels" it shouldn't be restricted to owning CD.
  5. Thatdarncat Active Member

The new Public Quest requires Chaos Descending. Not sure if that's intentional. I tried to enter on this account, which was my main account for many years and on which I have all my Test characters, but my Level 90 Necro was not allowed through the portal to Southern Desert of Ro (Public Quest). I was grouped and in a Raid that was already inside the zone at the time. I got a text message in chat saying Chaos Descending was required.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

PQ: It is basically a heroic level 110 version of the normal chronoportal for Sinking Sands, with CD rewards. I'm not even sure where we all picked up the idea that the PQ would be all-levels, but they were level 110 mobs that we killed, and the rewards were 5 elemental quintessence and: infuser, or student's mount pattern, or student's mount gear.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

"Please note: The Fabled zones do not scale in level. The Southern Desert of Ro public quest is for all levels!"

A bit disappointed by the PQ, is the reward supposed to be the same thing as CD PQ?
    I like the cyclop instance but with nothing "event-related" as reward it's not really appealing.

Terrorantula and the cyclop are way easier than the standard mobs, I'm afraid they'll get killed in the blink of an eye on live
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Mirt and Breanna like this.
  8. Kasa Well-Known Member

Public Quest

I was able to zone lower levels in yesterday, just running different levels in and out waiting on the zone to activate. When I got to a level two I was tossed out of the zone and into The Ruins of Varsoon jail. I made sure not to take any level 110's in on that test because when I had first tried earlier in the day I wasn't able to get lower levels in once the 110s were in. The zone was closed after the level two was kicked out so I never did see if the zone would pop lower level mobs if no 110s were in the zone.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I checked a bit around in the doomfire instances.
    In Enkindled tower heroic, the highest hit on the first group of trash was 21 mil.
    In molten caldera [raid], I got oneshotted for 179 mil.

700-900mil hits are way above standard trash
  10. Kasa Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the PQ come back up. Kaitheel if the zoned doesn't get used how long will it stay inactive?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Don't need a 110 bauble, it takes less than 4 hours to run on up to 110.
    Closer to 2.5 hrs tbh
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

There is a 90 minute warning in chat after finishing a PQ (you can't do another one for the next 90 minutes). Not sure how it's tied to the portal coming back up.
    But you bring up a good point: if the zones goes down (both portal zone and SS zone), does it restart the counter as often on Test? Problem that won't happen on live obviously, but zones shutting down is always a problem with PQ on Test. If it's on a fixed timer like CD PQ, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I noted in your wording that you mentioned "new rewards" from the PQ and everything we dropped yesterday was standard PQ trash. Is the loot in? We got ported out when we kill the boss, so if there was a chest or something to click we didn't see it.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Kasa Well-Known Member

I was able to get into the PQ zone this morning with levels, 27, 32, 40, 45, 85 and 90 no other people in the zone and I can confirm the zone popped as a level 110. Are we suppose to be getting a buff that would allows us to fight at a 110 level?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I tried to look yesterday when we ran it together but I didn't see any incremental buff coming up.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If I am on Cyrrena on AB, I have the test channel turned on. You can give me a shout and I will log onto test and come and help if you need bodies to test the content for the PQs or the fableds. I have 100s or 110s, they don't have fancy stuff, can probably only get lockbox stuff but I will help where I can.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm keeping an eye on Discord, but not hovering in-game today. Today is a holiday for the devs, so I doubt we're going to get any responses until tomorrow.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Ah yes..they are celebrating our president, forgot about that.
  18. Mirt Well-Known Member

The new PQ and fabled are extremely non- holiday-ish. In game world events/holidays have always been fun and open to everyone. They aren't supposed to be uber difficult and frustrating
  19. Mirt Well-Known Member

I'm just curious why the decision has been made to make holiday events include high level gear? They've always been about house items, appearance clothing, fluff pets, and other such trinkets. Why change what people have loved for 15 years?
  20. Mirt Well-Known Member

Yeah that's nuts
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.