Nagafen PvP Beta

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 6, 2019.

1. DefeatedZ Member

I play a high level illus. They are basically useless solo against any other class now. The CC has such small durations that its more of an annoyance than anything. We don't have the dps to be able to burn down people anymore. The pet has been nerfed to hell.

I would argue that they are still useful in group pvp. The CC is still useful in the sense that we can keep annoying the healers and/or top dps whilst our group destroys their dps/healers. Other side of the argument is, why not just have another bigger dps in the group, instead of an illy, and burn them down anyway?

I seen the sense of nerfing the summoner pets because they actually had a ton of dps (and dumbfire pets dps was ridiculous) but illy really gets shafted without their pet doing more dps.

Just my 2c
    ArcaneCognition likes this.
  2. Jeremyah New Member

We really do need a beta buff to take everyone to max level, all masters, equal gear, and let us PVP for a solid week or so. Then we will really be able to get some good numbers for balance testing.

That being said, balancing the classes while leveling is also important, because if they're not, many people will give up before they ever get to max level, spells, and gear.
  3. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

CC durations are quite low, would love to see them bumped up. Currently feel no impact when I stun someone for 1s, its more like they just stop moving.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Prayer of Healing (Pally group heal) heals for about 7% of your hitpoints once it's upgraded to Expert. By the time you cast it mid-battle, you and your team have already taken way more damage than it will ever put back.

What a waste of a rare mat.

5. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Please for the love of god fix CC. Swashes get a guaranteed interrupt on hostile spell cast but Wiz only gets a .2sec stun. By nerfing CC durations you're removing the ability for certain classes to do anything solo. It's going to be world of rogues. Warlocks and Wizards rely on their CC if they are ever going to be able to venture out solo, I shouldn't even have to mention enchanters? **** needs a hard fix.
  6. Mehh New Member

nerf this, neft that meh
    Learn your class limitations and strengths!
    ArcaneCognition likes this.
  7. Satyr Well-Known Member

(7,000*6)*7%=2,940. 7,000 being about average health at 50. Based on Darkstar's data that's more HPs than dedicated healing classes except druids. Except yours has a lower cast time and can be cast on the run. You aren't doing a good job arguing that paladins have been over-nerfed
  8. Satyr Well-Known Member

My understanding is that it's a known problem with their PVP templates and will be fixed.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

I don't know what you think your scribble of nonsensical numbers mean, but 7% of 7000 hitpoints is 490 hitpoints. A 490 hitpoint heal at 50 is as stupid as a 44 hitpoint heal when you have 600 hitpoints is, which was my point of reference. And that's the Expert version of the spell.
  10. Satyr Well-Known Member

It's average HP @ 50 times 6 group members multiplied by the percentage YOU claim heals are healing by.

Using your numbers your group heal is more effective than a shaman or clerics and can be cast on the run, faster. Please don't be so aggressive in your responses, it only serves to make you look more ignorant.

If you took the time to obtain actual data rather than guestimatting the heal value then we could have a discussion and maybe you could even change people's minds.
    redindus likes this.
  11. Thetmes Active Member

Thank you for the lv 50 bauble with gear it has made things better for me and some others that have been unable to be on as much as some others and finding lv 30ish PvP was getting difficult at times. That being said I hope that when the server is actually put up that some adjustments will be made to quest and PvP experience. Myself and some others feel that PvP experience once live could be brought down some and quest experience should be raised some. The current set up on Beta makes gearing out an issue since you race threw the levels and out level gear quickly. I am sure you can achieve the correct balance here. Thank you again for the chance to help with setting up this PvP server and testing things out.
  12. Busko Glads

i would like to add a few things here because illy/coerc stun/stilfe/mess is stupid i mean by the time im not stuned/stilfe/mezzed/rooted my hp is like 20% if not im dead before is breaks most good players know how to stack them so it dont break and kill them before they can even cast move or do any thing.

end of the day lore needs to be in the game like this ..

Tanks.....should be hard to kill should have the most hp and should block attacks mit against dmg after all they have a shield and the best armor why in the hell should they die so easy ? but should not have the dps like scouts/mages..

Mages.....should have high dps very good roots and a stun but if you get close to them and stop them casting they should die easy ..why ? because they have low hp cloth armor lol it makes very good sense..

Scouts...they have stupid hp like tanks and good armor stupid high dps tank evac run speed stuns after stuns interupts i mean wtf ?....they need to be like mages if they are going to have the best dps in game good dps but easy to kill. they dont have a shield or good mit but they last just as good as a tank .

priest....should never be killed solo as they should heal any dps inc and only way they would die if they run outta power they should have the worse dps but some priest have really good dps which is F in stupid if you make a healer your job is to group tbh its not a solo class timing stuns stilfe interupts can easy kill a healer.

atm healers have way to much dps tanks die far to quick same as mages and scouts again have the best of every thing EVERSCOUT PVP just like it always has been DB will never listen.

Lvl 50 PvP is a joke far to much dps inc far to much dps from healers scouts are far to op and mages and tanks are very easy kills its stupid.

if you wanna PvP just roll a scout because again they have it all and will never get nerfed but SK/Pallys heals get nerfed lol they really have no clue about PvP fights who wants to PvP for 20s and wait 5 mins for power to regen and health just to get attacked again before power and health is regen.

i for one love playing SK/Pallys atm i die just as easy has a mage and that is self is just stupid im not asking to be god like im just asking that tanks should be hardest thing to take down but in reality i might as well be wearing cloth armor and no shield.
  13. Leaf New Member

• Please fix CC durations to be meaningful, esp for CC classes like chanters who should be the master of CC.
    • On a pvp-based server, it also doesn't make any sense that hybrid CC classes are on-par or better at CC than the dedicated classes (i.e. chanters). For example, if you are going to make a chanter stand still with a long(er) cast time, then the immunity timers should be different (and reset faster) OR allow them to be cast on the run (etc)
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

The problem with Enchanters, which you could see from beta's beginning where everyone was an Enchanter (or Summoner), was that it is far too easy to chain CC on victims so they never have a chance to fight back.

This is ludicrous. You should not be the only person in a fight who can even get casts or combat arts off. Enchanters were ridiculously OP. It's good that I saw Caith playing an Illy. He did that for a reason. He already knows what Enchanters are like pre- and post-nerfs.
  15. Restrained New Member

Sooooo much fun
  16. Restrained New Member

Lvl 50 bauble ftw!
    Ajjantis likes this.
  17. Vilesummon New Member

New

So far, it's been discouraging. There are broken mechanics that make no sense...like your food and drink disappear when you zone. You can't use items to complete quests so you can't complete a lot of questlines, which is how some people were gearing up as they leveled up. There aren't a ton of people crafting either so you have gear problems. Now, they offered up a bauble to level you to 50 on beta. In essence, they killed whatever mid-range pvp there was. Not only did that kill the mid-level pvp, but it also ruins their ability to study issues as they develop (such as the balance of quest/pvp xp). Underimpressed so far...and I am concerned that it will turn into what some people refer to as Everscout given the tracking/dps/survivability. Was very excited about the concept, but it's not what I was hoping for (and a few others I played with feel the same).
    ArcaneCognition and Siren like this.
  18. Leaf New Member

Hence why CC should be meaningful i.e. more balanced.
    On a side note, I cant see how a chanter can kill you in perma cc as you suggested. Stun has been 4 secs? and no chsnter can kill you in 4 secs... followed by s stifle of 4 secs where you can auto attack... or run away.. then there is root.. where you can still melee/range attack.

The reality is that a 0.3sec stun and stifle with a 2sec stand still cast time each is meaningless.... esp when other classes interupt almost instantly on the move....
  19. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Most people here are veterans of this 15 year old game and testing multiple classes. Apparently you missed the memo that this is a beta test. Are you just playing like this is an actual server working on 1 character that's going to get wiped in two weeks? Do some testing and give feedback if you're gonna play.
  20. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

You know there is an item you can buy that removes cc right? Super cheap, can carry a ton of em. Called a pumice stone as well as potions made by alchemists. Stop trying to change the game and learn to adapt and overcome or accept that you'll always be last.
    Clairvoyiant and Zenji like this.