Chronoportal Phenomenon Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Chronoportal Phenomenon is now active on Test!

Yes, you read that right! Bet you thought I meant Brewday, huh? (Nope, that's planned for Test next week!)

This year is EverQuests' milestone 20th anniversary and we're going to celebrate it in a big way, during the entire month of March! This means that Brewday and Bristlebane Day will be overlapping with it. We've made some great changes to the Chronoportal Phenomenon event that should remove any conflict of content, but if you experience any in your testing, please call it out.

For years we have been witness to mysterious portals across the Shattered Lands, allowing travel back in time, to the Age of Turmoil. I can happily report, our studies into them have furthered our knowledge of chronomancy, and led to many breakthroughs. We now recognize this as the annual phase in which the barrier to the stream of the past is the thinnest. Which brings me to my point; we are in need of your help!

Find my fellow chronomancers, whether in Myrist, the Coliseum of Valor, Antonica, The Commonlands, Enchanted Lands, Thundering Steppes, Steamfont Mountains, Lavastorm, Sinking Sands, Feerrott, or Moors of Ykesha. They are holding the portals to the Chronostream open. Step into the time between times, from where you’ll be able to venture to the Age of Turmoil and help investigate this wondrous magic. Your accomplishments will surely be rewarded.

New features for '19!
    • TLE servers:
      • Fallen Gate - All of the event is active!
    • New Fabled level 110 versions of the Portal to the Past zones, including new treasures!
    • New public quest, "Camping the AC!" located in "Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro", including new treasures!
    • Erben Delki, the Chronoportal merchant in The Chronoweave, is now selling the following 6 new items:
      • Heat Upon You
      • To the Tavern
      • The City of Hate
      • Islands of Sky
      • A Dire Warning
      • Golden Firiona Vie Statue
    • Everyone who logs on during the event will receive the "Rise of Kunark" house painting!
    • Entry portals to The Chronoweave have been added to The Commonlands, Myrist, and the Coliseum of Valor.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce and summarize the event, including locations to access the Chronoweave.
    • Chronoportals
      • Portal to the Past: Qeynos Hills
      • Portal to the Past: Plains of Karana
      • Portal to the Past: Qeynos Ruins
      • Portal to the Past: Steamfont
      • Portal to the Past: Nagafen's Lair
      • Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro
      • Portal to the Past: Ocean of Tears
      • Portal to the Past: Guk
    • Event Achievement:
      • Time Traveler
        • Works with the new Fabled zones!
    • Quest:
      • Hunt the Past - Repeatable, once per year
        • Works with the new Fabled zones!
    • Collection:
      • Elements of Time
        • Several collection pieces can now be gathered in The Chronoweave.
    Please note: The Fabled zones do not scale in level. The Southern Desert of Ro public quest is for all levels!

Remember /unmentor is a useful command.

This event content is currently set to run 02/28/2019 at 12:01am PDT through 03/31/2019 at 11:59pm PDT on the live servers. The merchants for this event are only available during the event activation, so be sure to spend your tokens before the event concludes on 03/31/2019.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kasa Well-Known Member

Golden Firiona Vie Statue and Rise of Kunark house painting have no graphic.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Xianthia like this.
  3. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Are public quests the new go-to content? I am not complaining just very curious.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Xavion Well-Known Member

can we please get a lv 110 bauble added to finch idk how we are suppose to test 110 content when we can't make 110 lv chars all finch ha sis lv 100 bauble and a bunch of familiars
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

• New public quest, "Camping the AC!" located in "Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro", including new treasures!
    Is there supposed to be a quest that pops in journal once you enter the zone?
    Can you enter the zone anytime and it will trigger the pq? Anytime, of course, being if not on the lockout timer for the zone.

I've yet to trigger the PQ and made me wonder if I'm entering at proper times and/or with sufficient numbers.

Edit - Or I'm entering wrong instance? The name in the portal area is called "To an Ancient Time: Southern Desert of Ro" but from the notes it's "Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro". I'll go searching in Desert of Flames, in case it's end user errors.

Edit 2 - When I enter the zone with the "Ancient Time" name it does add to the chat log that I've entered Portal to the Past etc. So right zone, but pq not activating (I think). Sorry for being vague, I'm trying to work out the PQ trigger and how-to of it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Kasa Well-Known Member

The quest will pop in your journal when the wall goes down. Right now I can't enter and no one is in the zone. Maybe there is a timer still running on an instance or the zone has gone down?

The Public Quest wont start till six people are in the zone. Name of the zone is Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro [Public Quest]. I could only get in with a level 110. All the zones have a drop down menu for level 110's where you will see listed the old zone from years past the new Fabled version of the zone & the Public Quest which is off the Southern Desert of Ro Portal.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

So you have to right click the Ancient Time portal and then will see it there? I wasn't with six people and there was no wall so I was probably in the wrong instance. I'm imagining the wall you mention is like the CD pq ones. I'll try again in a few hours. Thanks for the insight.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o my what are you doing to me , I was still running around to finish all those familiar hatchings
    Somehow I had a feeling we will have to test something new for Chronopartals this year.
  9. Kasa Well-Known Member

You can right click or just click. You don't have to be with six people but the wall wont go down until six people are in the zone. Yes a wall/barrier kind of like CD pq. You are welcome. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Kasa Well-Known Member

PQ is back up! Now able to get lower levels into the zone.

Edit: Yikes I just brought a level 2 in and got tossed into The Ruins of Varsoon.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Kasa Well-Known Member

12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Getting 6 of us on at the same time can be problematic, with everything else that is going on, even if some of us 2-box. :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ok, as someone mentioned above, 2 of the 7 new house items don't have art yet on Test.

I decided to poke my nose into a fabled dungeon, since folks have already been asking me if they are moloable. No. Don't try this at home. I'll have to wait for level 110 warm bodies before I do more.

Initial thoughts:

I tried the Qeynos Hills one.

My warden is "decent". Not top of the line in gear, but definitely not still in the stuff from the lockbox. Epic 2 pet has been upgraded a couple times, Claz'zakla is rank 12, with all slots filled with CD merc stuff, I have some ascension upgrades, etc.

It took 3-4 minutes per gnoll watcher. It was a cure fest. Those are shaman mobs, and they REALLY overdo the detrimentals: velium winds, plague, haze, lethargy, lamenting soul. They just want all those stacked on, so my merc was mostly curing while I did intelligent DPS (as opposed to him DPSing and me curing. He really wants to cure, causing us to waste spells. Period, so I've learned to let him cure. :D)

The linked mobs, well, I died fast. It may be a resolve thing because they are tuned for a group and mine by itself isn't enough, it may be just that they're too feisty, I don't know. All I knew was that there wasn't anyone around to help test, and I wanted to at least give it a try. :D

I'm done with testing them until I can get another real person to dive in with me. I don't want to even try 2-boxing with my SK (and our respective mercs), as it'd be too hard on my aching hands right now with this soggy weather.

I'll try to check in on Test now and then for warm bodies, but the best bet for snagging me will be to ping me on Discord if anyone wants to give these a whirl, or if you're almost to the needed body count for a PQ test.
  14. Kasa Well-Known Member

I tried the Guk one and had my butt handed to me by the names hehehee. On the Public Quest, I didn't try a named because the trash mobs were crazy hard. Maybe tomorrow before or after the Guide event might be a good time to find people.
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The individual mobs were ok, but the 3 linked gnolls in there handed my butt to me. {nod} Agreed on trying it again tomorrow around the guide event time to get more body count.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Mirt Well-Known Member

I don't know how much time I'll have to test the PQ on test. Please for those that are testing it, please please if it's anything like the implementation of the E-day one including how we get the housing items, please (enough please? chuckle) suggest that it be changed so that we get a chance at a house item EACH time we do the PQ.
  17. Mirt Well-Known Member

It wouldn't let me edit my post above, so I'll add that by a chance, I mean we get to pick from a list of house items each time we do the PQ.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I like the new setup for the portals no need to go all over to find them
    I had a portal up for the PQ but first went in for the other instance , when I came back out there was no more PQ listed
    I guess as long as the sinking Sands instance is active you can't enter the other one.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Is there a way we could get notified when there is a PQ up in the SS portal , like an announcement on general chat
    People don't want to have to sit around in the portal hub all the time
    we got together about 8 to 10 people to test the new PQ and were not able to even get in .
  20. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

First time actually doing the chronoportals and I loved the desert one. When I did the Qeynos Ruins one I accidentally ignored Holly and killed the bear. Lets just say I got pwn'd

Also, Can we get the Southern Desert of Ro place as a prestige house? It's so nice and the music is wonderful..