Pack Pony bringing holiday items

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Brewmyst, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

I have only one gripe about the pack pony, and E-Day.. The amount of items it brings in, compared to the other holiday events. Tinkerfest, gives 100 tinker coins, Nights of the Dead brings in about 100 different candies. And of course, Frostfell, there's a ton of items, (even if it's only 1-2 of each item).. Why can't the pack pony bring us about 100 different love notes/hard candy, instead of a total of 10.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

It's been working this way for a number of years now and supposedly is working "as intended" but I tend to agree with you, and this has been a pet peeve of mine for some time, as well. :D
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

It is annoying. Every other holiday gives you a lot more harvests of materials. I hope that they decide to increase this at some point.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's annoying, particularly since the prices of items for tokens (which are a 1:1 with the love notes) are on par with the other events. That means that essentially these items are more expensive, since the harvests are less obtainable.

Been like that for a while, and I've often wondered. It's a very disappointing mechanic.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Erollisi Day love loot comes from slaying foes, and has a low chance at that. The other holiday items are all 100% chance harvestables. They are treated differently by the pack pony as they are different.

~ Kaitheel
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

NotD candies also come from killing mobs
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Good point! Hmm... looks like either one needs to be reduced or one needs to be increased.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Lets make a compromise and set them both to about 90? :p
  9. Feara Well-Known Member

Yes good point but you can't cash NotD in and buy those awesome Cherub wings.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

That was my suspicion, Feara. But then Shiny Tinkerfest Cog are also used as event currency. Perhaps those shouldn't have been at 100 either. At any rate, we aren't handling these consistently, and I can understand the confusion.

~ Kaitheel
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I really hope you don't LOWER the other rates. That wouldn't make any of us happier. :(
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Beware of what you ask for, especially with the Ides of March looming in the future.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

No, but the candy corn IS used as currency for the NotD stuff.
    The two candies work effectively the same way.
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

You're right. This could go the way of the Sunbrite Pegasus. No one was happy over that decision, and it sounds like no one is going to be happy over this one, either. :( At least not tradeskillers.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

@Kaitheel: Before any major decisions are made regarding this, I would like to make a few points.

1. The people this hurts most are tradeskillers. We focus on creating things, not running around and killing mobs to get harvests for our crafting. We rely on the ponies, because not all of us are geared enough for adventuring. (When a character levels by almost exclusively doing tradeskill and holiday quests, it often seriously out-levels its equipment. I've had this happen many times on my non-adventuring characters, and eventually have to craft armor for the toon, but often it goes 20 or 30 levels with gear lower than its level.)
    2. Adventurers and tradeskillers have completely different agendas. I have a friend who doesn't tradeskill, doesn't do the holiday quests, and HATES getting the candy drops from mobs. If you're using mob drops as the basis for the pony drops, then you're doing a disservice to BOTH tradeskillers and adventurers. And for those who say he can sell the candy drops, he doesn't even want them in his inventory, so deletes them as soon as he gets any. He refuses to do anything else, and I've gotten tired of begging him to just give them to me when he gets them.
    3. The holiday harvests that can be gotten by harvesting are easier, sure, but that shouldn't be used as a basis for LOWERING the pony rates of the non-harvested ones. Tradeskillers can harvest those; they can be gotten in fairly low level areas, usually. But the mob drop ones are much harder, and many tradeskillers would have trouble getting them that way. They would have to rely on adventurers... who often don't want anything to do with those drops. I think you'll find there's less cooperation between adventurers and tradeskillers than some would like to believe. I've seen plenty of helping in the direction of tradeskiller => adventurer, but not vice versa so much.

So please, try not to hurt us tradeskillers if it can be at all avoided. I have the feeling that this is NOT going to work in our favor, and I already feel myself becoming very unhappy. :(
  16. Laaw Well-Known Member

as a tradeskiller I put the holiday drops in the harvest depot for guild members to use, it's a courtesy
    Pixistik, Breanna, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely 100% yes on this, +1x10^c (c = speed of light, a really big number). :-/

Juraiya has a number of excellent points here (and that friend of hers [sorry, Jura!] sounds like a massive spoil jerk; "If I don't want them, I don't want anyone else to have them, either. Nyah."); I'm not sure how much power/say you have in the holiday events, Kaitheel, other than announcing them to us and being a liaison with the Powers, but please, DON'T LIMIT THESE. Ten is ridiculous. One hundred for each pony run would be infinitely preferable. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Juraiya, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And if the adventure-only players grumble that we're being favored over them, these folks won't even do the Qho quests that lead up to getting the Pony in the first place, so that argument is invalid. ;->

Uwk
    who wonders: isn't a pretty large percentage of the EQ2 player base now mostly tradeskilling...? ;->
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Oh! Hahaha! No worries, folks. There are no daggers this time. Just one positive change that you won't see until next February.

~ Kaitheel
    Pixistik, Katz, Breanna and 6 others like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Have your friend mail the candy to you as soon as it hits his bag, sure it will be one by one but at least its not deleted. If he knows a few of your alts at least the mails can be spread around, give him a couple plat to cover mailing fees.
    Breanna likes this.