Erollisi Day PQ Questions

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Katz, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Katz Well-Known Member

The PQ is very crowded and I've been unable to give the zombie a rose. I killed two of the attackers solo but saw no other way to "participate". I got 2 Erollisi coins so I'm guessing that was the smallest reward you can get.

So my questions are:
    1. How do I give my zombie a rose and how do I use the roses to attack? I did hotbar them but nothing seemed to happen to them when I clicked on them.
    2. What counts as participation? How can I maximize my participation?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Merriel likes this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The rewards from test forum, thank you Whilh, she killed herself testing the PQ are 1 coin, 2 coins and 8 coins. The PQs on AB were extremely crowded, all I did was gather 2 red and 2 yellow roses, and try and keep ahead of the zombie, I did not hotbar the roses, I simply kept clicking on the zombie and sometimes it would say I gave him a rose and most of the time it wouldn't. But I ended up getting the proactive 8 coin reward all 3 times I ran the PQ yesterday.

Any time roses would spawn I would try and pick up new ones if I could. I would try and get at least one hit on any mob that spawned as well.

If you look at the Erollisi 2019 Bug and Feedback thread in the Test Forum there is a lot of information in there from Whilh's testing.

Good luck!
    Merriel and Breanna like this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

This PQ actually works best when there are NOT a lot of people around. Otherwise it can be impossible/next to impossible to complete. I spent the whole first run of this PQ clicking and clicking on the zombie and never once was able to successfully give him a rose, even though I had two of each color in my inventory. There were just too many people, too much lag, and idiots who insisted on standing on top of the zombie, making it next to impossible to click-target him, and he was moving way too fast for having so many people around. I really think his speed should be slowed down quite a bit when there are that many people running the PQ. (His speed was fine when I did CL2 the first time, though...I could have easily done the PQ successfully on five or six toons if I'd been boxing for that one.)

I don't know what the actual specifications are for becoming proactive, other than you do have to hit the zombie at least once with the correct yellow or red rose. I make sure to keep two of each color on me at all times (two because of occasional mis-clicking). I hotbar both the red and yellow roses, just so I can keep an eye on if any of them got used, but this isn't necessary, as they don't work from the hotbar at all.

You have to click on the zombie and successfully give at least one rose to become proactive. There are also purple and black roses, which I'm not sure if they figure into the proactive or not, but I always make sure to click at least one of each, and turn them to ash.

My first PQ I had no idea what to do and all I got was the two erolissi coins, but every PQ after that I received rewards and 8 erolissi coins. I didn't really count how many times I ran the PQ before my dragon hatched, but I know it was quite a few. I've heard it will hatch between five to eleven times of running the PQ.

You HAVE to right click and examine the egg to hatch it, so be sure to check it after every PQ that you've run, once you get the egg.

Personally, I kind of resent the way this PQ was set up, and I probably won't be running it again on any of my alts, because I don't care for the onerousness of it. If they would make the zombies giant and easier to click on, standing taller than the largest player character can become, then I might actually appreciate it, but with the devs having the knowledge that people like to annoy others by trying to block them from being able to access npc's, they could at least have made the roses usable from the hotbar, so we can just target the zombies and click on the hotbar to successfully give a rose.

I am not sure how they could fix this but they could also make it so once a person has become proactive they can't click on the zombies again so that others have a chance to do so. Only problem with this, though, is if there aren't a lot of people running the PQ, how will they get the zombies to move to their destination point? I still think allowing the roses to work from the hotbar is the best fix for this.
    Pijotre likes this.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I was trying to give the zombie the roses by clicking on the roses on my hotbar. I remember in the Great Divide PQ we made macros to be able to more easily target some of the NPCs. I wonder if that would work to help target the zombie? I don't guess that would help though if you have to actually click on it to give it the rose. I'll go back and try again.
    Merriel likes this.
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

Ok, this time I camped one of the graveyards and managed to give a total of one rose to the zombie. I could give no more because there was so many people there and it was full every other time I clicked on it. I also didn't manage to tag a single mob due to them dying so quickly. I got 2 erollisi coins again. I'm not getting the egg or anything else. I'm finding this frustrating and not fun. I think I'm done with it as I see no way to improve my results. I can barely see the zombie much less click on it.
    Merriel likes this.
  6. Mirt Well-Known Member

devs - Please make the zombie bigger because it's really difficult to click on him with so many people.
    Merriel likes this.
  7. Mirt Well-Known Member

Now that it's the weekend and the rewards of the PQ are becoming more well known, the #'s participating are also swelling. It's becoming almost impossible to click the zombie.
    Merriel likes this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Also, instead of having roses insta-kill the agro zombies, have the roses only take maybe a fifth of their hp away, so more people can have a chance to hit them with roses, please. I am lucky if I can even hit one zombie during the run because of how many people are participating.

Also, regular combat skills don't really touch the agro zombies, but Ascension skills do, so maybe disable Ascension skills from harming the zombies too, so ONLY roses will hurt them, would be very helpful.

Spawn more black and purple roses too, so more people have a chance to click on them. They are gone so fast, I'm lucky to get one or two during a run, though I have a better chance at those than I do clicking on the zombie.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Did you also click at least one black or purple rose? And did you start the PQ from the beginning or were you late to the party?

Today, twice I was late, and even though I did exactly the same things I have done every time previously, I only became "Active" and got two coins, instead of the usual 8.

Apparently you have to run the entire thing to become Proactive, which kind of stinks because other things might delay your arrival. When I was late, they had just basically made it out of the graveyard, so I don't see why I couldn't have been proactive for those two runs. Very annoying, considering I was there for almost the whole run.
    Pijotre likes this.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

From what I've been hearing about this PQ, I'm glad I haven't tried to run it yet. It sounds extremely frustrating, and instead of it being cooperative like other PQs, it's competitive. That's not really fun for most people, and I don't think that's in the spirit of the holiday, either.
    Mirt and Merriel like this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even call it competitive. You have those jerks who just like to spoil everyone's fun by making it more difficult to click on things by covering them up with large character sizes, mounts, or even pets...you have those who just don't understand how the PQ works and are trying to figure things out...and those who know how it works and are trying to get it done but because of those jerks and those who don't realize once they have given a rose, don't need to give another rose, making it nigh impossible to give a rose to the zombie. This PQ was very poorly designed and isn't really fun to participate in.

Unfortunately, it is also the ONLY way to obtain the new Macabre Black Roses. As much as I hate the races, I prefer the races over this stupid PQ, and I wish they would have added those roses to the races just as they added the rewards from the races to the PQ rewards, because I really hate this PQ.

I could care less about any of the other rewards from the PQ and the chance of getting the roses is so slim, it probably isn't even worth running the PQ for them to begin with, but being the only way to get them, I still run it. :/
    Cyrrena and Mirt like this.
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

If you run the pq run it like everyone else, and I've got roses about 50%? of the time so far if you get the proactive. Just do everything you can click like mad, sadly yes you have to be competitive if you really want the items. The pq wasn't bad on test but it wasn't a live crowd. After each pq I have to quickly get my reward or I crash in the zone because there are so many people there I've seen 40ish (took a screenshot but haven't counted how many yet)? Yeah nice rewards but its not a sit back and enjoy myself but none of the pqs are.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Mirt Well-Known Member

Please update the drop rate on items with the PQ. I did the PQ 8 times in a row on an alt and got nothing but coins. come on...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Mirt Well-Known Member

Also, it feels like more participation is punished instead of rewarded. I crush lots of black and purple flowers and give the zombie at least 5 roses and I get nada.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Mirt Well-Known Member

I am really uber frustrated with the whole implementation of this pq :(
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Mirt Well-Known Member

then you have good RNG or are doing something many of us aren't, in regards to the rewards you are getting. I get proactive every single time and get only coins 95% of the time.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Mirt Well-Known Member

Why was a world holiday event pq designed with recipe books and such for the rewards? Between this and the CD ts daily, the amount of possible rewards in one loot box is just crazy. It makes it impossible to really get the things we want, like house items.
    Cyrrena and Pijotre like this.
  18. Mirt Well-Known Member

Someone suggested putting some things in the always rewarded section of the loot box and the rest on the big huge loot table "might get" box. That at least makes more sense than combining like 70 items (or whatever it is) into one "crap shoot" of a loot table.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Katz Well-Known Member

I was waiting in the graveyard so I was in it from the beginning. I didn't get to click on a black or purple rose... too many people were getting to them first.
    Cyrrena and Pijotre like this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Oh! A bug was found with the rewards for the Erollisi Day PQ. Caith resolved the issue. After tomorrow's update everyone should find that they are getting rewarded more often!

~ Kaitheel
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.